Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roebuck vs. Glenomena?????

Options
  • 19-04-2010 10:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Hi!
    im a perspective student hoping to come to ucd in september and im looking for advice on the best accomodation. I want to stay on campus and am probably looking mostly at the roebuck and glenomena residences and was wondering which you would recommend??

thnx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

If your a first year Roebuck for sure.
    If your a post grad Glenomena.
    If you want to save a few quid try Clonskegh Donnybrook etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Merville!

Roebuck's nice but it's COMPLETELY party proof and therefore zero craic.

Glenomena's for fogies.

Merville rocks. Close to centra, the laundrette and a 1 minute walk from Quinn...3 from Newman...etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maximalistic

I'd really try and live somewhere off campus, it is so much cheaper, and has so much more advantages. You can get a bigger room, actually be able to have parties and your house won't the one place that is colder than outside during the winter :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 summersunplease

It depends what you're situation is really. I lived in Merville in First year and it was great craic, a bit crazy! Live in Glenomenia now in my final year. It's really chilled out and most postgrads and final years go there although there is a few first years around I think. It's good for final year as there isn't much noise yet there's lots of people around too! Roebuck is a first year kinda place but it would be much quieter than Merville and Belgrove. I heard that next year people will be able to choose from any residence regardless of what year they are in so all that could change!!

Advertisement