Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bassist Available, South Dublin

Options
  • 19-04-2010 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I'll try and be specific and to the point....

I'm looking for people to play with. It can be gigging or not gigging, established or beginning, as long as it is a somewhat regular get together.

Ideally I am looking for riff oriented/heavily improv/jam focused but leaning a bit on the heavier side of music.

Think Black Sabbath-> Medeski, Martin and Wood -> Rush ->Grateful Dead but mostly all at once.

I'm also a big old school hip-hop (nothing post doggystyle) and funk/groove fan and player so elements of groove would be key.

I also love Space-Rock. If you have lots of effects and know how to use them, i'm your man.

I understand I most likely won't find exactly what I am looking for so I am definitely open to any good original bands with a few criteria.

I am more Entwistle than Clayton (meaning I'm not really into playing root notes)...

NO pub rock cover bands. I don't really enjoy playing covers. A few here and there are fine for fun. (Although I would be somewhat interested in a old-school funky type/disco-ish cover band.)

I always like playing blues so any jams going on I am up for.

Particularly looking for kick-ass drummers and vocalists to play with. Horns and keys are always a good thing. Any interesting instruments...

Late 20s and up please (unless you have killer skills!). I'm late 30s.

No assholes or stress cases!!!

"Pro-ish" gear preferred.

I have transportation and willing to travel anywhere as long as it is 40 minutes from Ranelagh or less.

PM me here or e-mail me at bassheavy2002 at yahoo.com

Thanks all! Hope this wasn't too long or too off putting!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Kevin Murphy

Hey I'm 23 and don't use many guitar effects but am into getting the effects via keyboard or synth/sampler. I would do some stuff with a loop station, delay pedal, and whammy though.

Dunno if it suits you but I liked your ad and I'm in Bray. My ad's here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055882427

• Registered Users Posts: 37 bassheavy

bump.

i'm asking too much, aren't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

hey,

I may be interested, We're very riff orientated with a big emphasis on our rhythm section being nice and tight, you can check out some bits and pieces at www.myspace.com/twilightstate.

We're all quite experienced and are looking for somebody who is comfortable with dropping into a jam and just seeing where it goes whilst writing but also being able to keep it simple and to the point when it needs to be.

Anyways PM me if you're interested

KeithTS wrote: »
    hey,

I may be interested, We're very riff orientated with a big emphasis on our rhythm section being nice and tight, you can check out some bits and pieces at www.myspace.com/twilightstate.

We're all quite experienced and are looking for somebody who is comfortable with dropping into a jam and just seeing where it goes whilst writing but also being able to keep it simple and to the point when it needs to be.

Anyways PM me if you're interested
    i'll check it out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement