Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quorn

Options
  • 20-04-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if there is Quorn on the market that is suitable for vegans? Or do all have egg albumin as their binding agent??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Quorn (the brand) uses egg, but you can get plain dried TVP mince in your local health food store, or try other brands like Fry's (all vegan).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Plenty of meat substitutes are vegan and oft very nice. Not the official Quorn brand though, as said.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Vegideli are another company where fake meats are often vegan friendly too.
    Availible in heathfood shops with a fridge/freezer

I bought their vegan fish fingers in Cork :D
    Very nice indeed :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Mary-Ellen wrote: »
    I bought their vegan fish fingers in Cork :D
    My cat approved of those! He thought they were great.. and could he have some more ;) They are very good in their imitation.

Advertisement