Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LC Holiday in Ireland location/house?

• 20-04-2010 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

Howiya.
    Just doing me lc this year.
    then probably going on holiday in ireland to somewhere far from Dublin(Kerry,Donegal,Waterford).
    So I'm looking for a big house to rent for a week?
    A house that can house 20 students? lol
    just wondering if anyone know of a good website that I can find a free house to rent for a week during the summer holidays...

will be greatful for suggestions :D
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Well daft.ie would usually have most of the rentals in Ireland, you're looking for a house that's available or a house that's free of charge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ANDYBOND777

house that's available I guess.
    I don't know what you mean by free of charge though.
    Just trying to get an empty holiday house for a week 20 of us can stay in with no one else other than us.
    I tried daft.ie.
    they have loads :P
    but I don't know if they mean a empty/free house or house that we can stay in with the houseowner taking care of us or something...

I was looking at this ad earlier on : http://www.daft.ie/searchshortterm.daft?limit=10&id=12523&from_mydaft=1
    and I just didn't know if that was a free house to be rented for a week with no one else other than us or the owner staying with us and etc...
    cus we're just trying to find a free gaf to stay in for a week outside dublin :)
    cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

try this http://www.discoverireland.ie/Home.aspx?gclid=CMGWyID_lKECFSMslAodbSzJLw

or just do a google search for self catering accomodation. Also check the likes of the Herald small ads.

We did this a few years when we were around that age and it was savage hol, and cheap too, when you're splitting the cost. 20 people is a lot, you might struggle to get a place big enough, think the most we had was 12, it might make more sense to book 2 places nearby to each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Andy, that looks like the entire house is for rent. And its a holiday home so no lease is required. That looks like what you're looking for anyway. It would state if the owner was occupying it or else it would have separate bedrooms for rent but its the entire house.

Cheers dearg and lisa :)
    I should be studying now instead of planning a holiday... lol
    I have me german oral tomoro haha
    ah well :P
    thanks again :)

btw, dearg was the holiday you went on fun?
    renting out a free gaf and just chilling with your mates whether that was in suburban area or countryside...
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

ah it was brilliant, we did it two summers, think the year before and year after leaving. 2 spots in ireland, pretty rural, only thing is it's difficult to get food and stuff in if no one drives! We did a big shop for food and drink and brought it back on the bus and that pretty much did us for the week. First place was near to the beach and second place right in the mountains, so nice palces to go for a wander too :)

dearg lady wrote: »
    ah it was brilliant, we did it two summers, think the year before and year after leaving. 2 spots in ireland, pretty rural, only thing is it's difficult to get food and stuff in if no one drives! We did a big shop for food and drink and brought it back on the bus and that pretty much did us for the week. First place was near to the beach and second place right in the mountains, so nice palces to go for a wander too :)

Ah that sounds absolutely class.
    do you mind me asking where ya went those 2 times?
    cus we stilll didn't decide on where to go...lol

also were there any trouble getting a free gaf for good amount of people?
    we ain't trouble or anything.all sensible lads and girls.

Advertisement