Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Doctor Who audiobooks with the Daily Telegraph

• 20-04-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭

Fingers crossed that these will be in the paper and not a 'collect at your local Sainsbury' or whatever otherwise this wont be much good for us down here.
    Basically your local Easons or major newsagent should carry copies of the Daily Telegraph and from next Saturday they will feature a Doctor Who audio from BBC Audio. The first one on Saturday 24th is the most exciting as it's an exclusive pre release of the first 11th Doctor audio story 'The Runaway Train' and it's narrated by Matt Smith.
    Also coming up on the Sunday is the Tenth Doctor audio 'Pest Control', I don't know the order after that but I do know that Colin Baker's first foray into the audio realm before the days of Big Finish 'Slipback' is another one comin up, as is the audio soundtrack, with narration' of the lost episode 'Mission to The Unknown', the first ever Doctor Who light episode, also some strange soundtrack hybrid of Genesis of The Daleks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭popebenny16

oh cool, thanks for that.

wonder if the Genesis one is the LP that was made in the 70's? I actually had it on tape. Sadly, after years of listening to it, the TV version didnt live up to my imagination :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Nice one, are they full stories or only part ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

DaPoolRulz wrote: »
    Nice one, are they full stories or only part ones?

There's good news and bad news,
    The good news is that all the releases are full stories.
    However only The Runaway Train and Part 1 of the 2 CD story Pest Control will be included with the paper on Saturday and Sunday respectively the rest, including Part 2 of Pest Control" you have to hand in a voucher to "your local WH Smith" to redeem.
    So not much use to the Doctor Who fans down in Cork so but still at least the 11th Doctor exclusive is being distributed with the paper Clouds with lining and all that.
    Full details here
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/promotions/7606410/Free-Doctor-Who-BBC-audio-CDs.html
    I should note that the rest of these stories are available to purchase from iTunes, Audible and on CD at the likes of play, amazon and thebookdepository and I'm sure other means that I don't want to discuss here.

yeah we'll leave the other means to the imagination :pac:.

just to add, Easons usually join in these things in lieu of whatever UK stationers the newspapers mention. Also, Waterstones and Chapters have a small selection of Doctor Who Audios. Not as good as they were though, but still it is something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,266 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The Radio Times seem to do these regularly enough as well. I have a few that an Aunt collected that were read by David Tennant:

The Resurection Casket (Parts 1 & 2)
    The Stone Rose (Parts 1 & 2)
    Feast of the Drowned (Parts 1 & 2)

Listened to them all and they're just sitting in the car, I'm not the type to re-listen to them so if any of the forum regulars are interested in them, I'll mail them on to the first to reply in the thread. (Might take a while as I'm in the UK at the moment and these are back in the car in Dublin!).

Only catch is tha you have to be prepared to mail them to the next poster that asks for them when you've listened to / copied them. :)

• Advertisement

Ha great idea Sleepy, I'll take them off you first, mind if I PM you?

Edit: Please ;)

That was quick (thought it might be!)

DaPoolRulz gets 'em first, PM me your address and I'll try send 'em at the weekend.

verdicts on this?

1. Matt Smith is quite posh
    2. He cant do an american accent
    3. It was good fun, really liked it.

Just got the Ghosts of N Space, Pertwee sounds good in it considering his age, but the start of it is pretty confusing.

*maybe should start and audio thread*

DaPoolRulz, sorry about that. Just found the envelope in the back of the car. Will try get it in the post today/tomorrow!

No worries :)

• Advertisement

Got 'em in the mail this morning DaPoolRulz, enjoy!

And remember - when you've listened to 'em, pass 'em on through the forum :D

Thanks, will do

If anyone wants them when I'm done let me know and you can pass them onto the next person :)

Advertisement