Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Liverpool throw game against Chelsea???

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Final table will determine that.

Youre right - the League Table doesnt lie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

mike65 wrote: »
    I hope we throw it and all the Utd fans start crying into their Ronaldo bedsheets.

At least that way, Liverpool would actually be involved in the title race :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

The players on the Liverpool team are there to win matches. They could not care less about who wins the league (once they themselves are not in contention).

The only ones on that team that might give a damn are Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher, but apart from that, the rest of them won't care. They want their win bonus for a match and so on.

Liverpool will not go out to deliberately lose, I can assure you. As much as I'd love to see it, they will not do it. Chelsea should still be good enough to beat them, but I wouldn't want to be relying on Liverpool lying down and taking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

these guys are professionals. it's their job to win games. throwing the game would be like me supplying all my companies information on what i do to a competitor. not gonna happen cos, ya know, i'd be fired like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

No way Liverpool have to get 4th place and if Spures lose at utd and City slip up agaisn't Arsenal they are back in with a shout.I've no doubt liverpool will go out for the win.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

No way Liverpool have to get 4th place and if Spures lose at utd and City slip up agaisn't Arsenal they are back in with a shout.I've no doubt liverpool will go out for the win.

Liverpool have 3 games left and If they win them they will have 68 points. Spurs have 64 with 4 games left, and city 62 with 4 left. Plus Villa are ahead of them.

I find it difficult to see Liverpool making up that kind of ground without Torres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

What a f*cking sh*t thread tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 712 ✭✭✭arsenallegend

CoalBucket wrote: »
    Liverpool have 3 games left and If they win them they will have 68 points. Spurs have 64 with 4 games left, and city 62 with 4 left. Plus Villa are ahead of them.

I find it difficult to see Liverpool making up that kind of ground without Torres.

with torres they look dangerous without him they look like the mid table team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

To be fair we were probably a bit quick to write off that "are liverpool and rafa done" thread. Mrwillbeback was pretty much close to who would finish above us. And as was proved on Wolves thread recently, Rafa has not been adverse to fielding a weakened team much to the chagrin on a Sheffield United thread.
    So could very well be Uniteds season ends in tears. Only time will tell.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,210 ✭✭✭argosy2006

we'll meet and defeat those so called champions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Well lads what ye reckon , fourth is gone for Liverpool...Liverpool have the key to the title, surely there just going to hand it to Chelsea?

Did I miss sumfin in maths??
    5 points behind 4th
    3 games for us.
    3 x 3 = 9

yet its "Gone" ?

I lol'd :P

Unlikely yeah, gone.... not until its impossible :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Will Liverpool throw the match against Chelsea???????

Seriously people, stop discussing this bullsh!t as if it is relevant or meaningful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

monkey9 wrote: »
    Will Liverpool throw the match against Chelsea???????

Seriously people, stop discussing this bullsh!t as if it is relevant or meaningful.

Yeah I can't believe this thread is still going. Liverpool won't be throwing any game.

/thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Not read the whole thread as its bullcrap.

But there would be more chance of Steve Bruce's Sunderland throwing their game against Man Utd than Liverpool throwing their game against Chelsea.

Wonder why a Utd fan has not started that thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bruce will not throw the game against utd, he has beaten them away and would like to do so at home and also be seen not to be Fergies lackie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,733 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Bruce will not throw the game against utd, he has beaten them away and would like to do so at home and also be seen not to be Fergies lackie.

Stopping saying that!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

It was 2-2 at Old Trafford :confused:

Thats weird, I was sure they'd had a 1-0 at Old Trafford. Clearly wishful thinking on my part! Did they do it in a different season? or a Cup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

united scored a last minute OG.

Right, anyway the point stands - do not look like a stooge Bruce!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Yes Just Give It To Chealsea!!
    Hopefully The Terrible Rafa Will Goooo!!

Chelsea mate on to me this morning. Says Sunderland have got results in 16 out of their 18 home games this season. Only teams to have beaten them are Chesea and Villa.
    As such will be interesting see how United get on there given the title thread here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Chelsea mate on to me this morning. Says Sunderland have got results in 16 out of their 18 home games this season. Only teams to have beaten them are Chesea and Villa.
    As such will be interesting see how United get on there given the title thread here.

just like there's nothing to worry about in terms of Liverpool putting in the shift needed, I don't think we need worry about Sunderland.

they showed at Old Trafford how good they can be.

whoever wins it will deserve it, and i honestly wish this thread would die now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Former Great

Well lads what ye reckon , fourth is gone for Liverpool...Liverpool have the key to the title, surely there just going to hand it to Chelsea?

Was away for the weekend but this thread soesnt seem so ridiculous now....

Was away for the weekend but this thread doesnt seem so ridiculous now....
    Your post does. Did you see the game. Had nothing to do with Liverpool throwing the game. Chelsea were the better team in second half. Gerrard underhit pass and Drogba was on it like a flash. After that first goal team never really recovered
    Im aghast that some posters are actually still putting this nonsense up.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Liverpool were the better team for the opening 20 minutes, Drogba capitalized on a mistake, Chelsea's tails went up and Liverpools heads dropped. Wasn't for lack of trying, but whatever way Chelsea won, there would always be some United fans who say 'Pool threw the game.

Advertisement