Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

predicted cao points 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'm going for CS in UCC too. I've noticed alot of other people are too. This worrys me cos I'm probably looking at about 350. Hope it doesn't go up too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

1fahy4 wrote: »
    I doubt many people do Science if they don't get Medicine, because it's not technically an alternative pathway into Med school (you can actually do Graduate Entry Med with a 2.1 in any course, so you don't necessarily have to do Science to get in) - BUT it's still very likely Science will go up this year. After all, points for Science shot up dramatically last year. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they went up again, so expect the worst and be prepared.
    Havent read the rest of the thread yet, but I remember in Freshers week talking to some people in my course and they said they had missed out on medicine. Seemed like a good few!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭ya-ba-da-ba-doo

Jammyc wrote: »
    Havent read the rest of the thread yet, but I remember in Freshers week talking to some people in my course and they said they had missed out on medicine. Seemed like a good few!

Yup, I'm doing science in ucd and there's a fair amount who missed out on medicine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

Jammyc wrote: »

Remember our first lecture with Luke O Neill?
    He asked who wanted medicine and about 2/3's of the hall put their hands up. It was ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 megan10

Anyone know if arts will go up by much in galway??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 hmmmbruff

anyone have any predictions for architecture in ul dis year? some ppl are sayin it will decrease because of the lack of jobs so im kind of hopin thats the case. anyone have any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Do you think engineering points will drop..?..I hope they do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 repeatLC

ajjmk wrote: »

i say they will prob stay around th same points as last yr...! I doubt it'l go up more than 5/10 points max if it does rise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

One of the chemisty lecturers in said that she expected points for science in NUIG to be up around 400 this year,because of an increase in demand.

That's my first choice, i thought that with 400 points you would be safe. Talk about high

repeatLC wrote: »
    i say they will prob stay around th same points as last yr...! I doubt it'l go up more than 5/10 points max if it does rise!

Well, I shouuuuld be just about okay...as long as they don't go up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 gingerbread

by how much do you think social and political policy will go up? it was 325 last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

according to the figures the number of 1st preference engineering courses are down! although that could just be civil and then its all evening out...

But fingers crossed for chemical engineering in UCC, does anyone think it will go up much? It was 475 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Fernicia

according to the figures the number of 1st preference engineering courses are down! although that could just be civil and then its all evening out...

But fingers crossed for chemical engineering in UCC, does anyone think it will go up much? It was 475 last year.

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

want to do the arts or government in UCC
    Got 355 pts in pres
    Think its possible to improve between now and then, and get 400/410?? :confused:
    Trying to keep the head!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

Just checked UCD's website and the Arts Omnibus has decreased by 40 applicants!! - Fingers Crossed, its my number one!!- :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

LC2010HIS wrote: »
    want to do the arts or government in UCC
    Got 355 pts in pres
    Think its possible to improve between now and then, and get 400/410?? :confused:
    Trying to keep the head!!:eek:

Was going for Government until I found out of a better course else where but the woman siad to be they dnt expect the points to really change that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭fufureida

How can u find out if your courses points have gone up or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Ashashi

Hoping for Law in Trinity. It was 520 or 530 last year. I am hoping that there isn't a rise, because I can't see myself getting over 530.

I should probably know this, but what date are the first round offers coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭green909

This is probably the most pointless thread. Instead of spending time speculating about course points the best way to actually ensure getting a place is studying. No one will ever be able to predict points unless you have asked everyone who is applying what they want! There are just so many variables you have to consider.
    Mature students
    graduate applicants
    people transferring courses
    international students

in my course (law) I'd say 30% or maybe more of the class are people who did not sit the leaving last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭zam

I should probably know this, but what date are the first round offers coming out?

The Monday after the LC results - so 23rd August I think?
    green909 wrote: »
    This is probably the most pointless thread. Instead of spending time speculating about course points the best way to actually ensure getting a place is studying. No one will ever be able to predict points unless you have asked everyone who is applying what they want! There are just so many variables you have to consider.
    Mature students
    graduate applicants
    people transferring courses
    international students

in my course (law) I'd say 30% or maybe more of the class are people who did not sit the leaving last year

I know but you can't say you didn't predict! We all know (hopefully) that you can never predict but it's nice to know what you're aiming for, where you stand, if you have a chance, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ExcellentChoice

well for a start the CAO report said applicants only went up 6%

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

RoRoCullen wrote: »
    Just checked UCD's website and the Arts Omnibus has decreased by 40 applicants!! - Fingers Crossed, its my number one!!- :D

Where did you check this on the website? Is this available for all courses??

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

It depends what the smart kids are applying for.

If they apply for your course, you're ****ed:p

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭M O N T O

Anyone know what the story is with restricted courses?
    Got accepted for Waterford : Music & the points were 305 last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

stainluss wrote: »
    It depends what the smart kids are applying for.

If they apply for your course, you're ****ed:p

Depends how many places are in the course, some take 5, some take hundreds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

GY309 - Financial Maths & Economics - NUIG anyone?

Was 400 last year, I got 425 in the mocks, hoping for 435+ in the real thing, hoping its doesn't go beyond that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

anyone got energy engineering down in GMIT, points last year were 360, over 700 people have it down on the cao somewhere, points are going up well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

mink_man wrote: »
    anyone got energy engineering down in GMIT, points last year were 360, over 700 people have it down on the cao somewhere, points are going up well!

Where do you get that info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭RoRoCullen

Duffman'05 wrote: »
    Where did you check this on the website? Is this available for all courses??

Its only for the Arts Omnibus and it was announced in March, so who knows now what its going to be lol. And it was on UCD's official website

Advertisement