Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

predicted cao points 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭hunii07

does anyone know what the points for st.pats for primary school teaching is gonna be this year???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

Reckle wrote: »
    from articles i read in the times and independent about CAO choices and courses arts and buisness and teaching courses are all on the increase point wise and are really in demand
    although it said science isnt really popular this year at all ?
    anyone else think science courses in general that their points will drop or stay the same?

Science is very popular...applicants to cao for teaching are down about 5% .... the government have created 1000 new teaching posts.. still somehow see teaching fly up.... :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Science in NUIM anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭yourmother

hunii07 wrote: »
    does anyone know what the points for st.pats for primary school teaching is gonna be this year???

470 + as usual I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭hunii07

yourmother wrote: »
    470 + as usual I'd say

tanx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Summerishere

lc2010 wrote: »
    Yes, in UL they give extra points for HL Maths.

Do you know if they give extra points in MIC by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

stainluss wrote: »
    I never knew business was going up:(

Are all business courses expected to increase? Or just the mid-table ones? (e.g. the commerces) Is it due to mature students?

Business in UL has only gone up once since 1997.......and even then it was only 5 points.
    Other than that, it's fallen every year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mr.bones

When people say Arts is on the rise, do you mean the Arts omnibus courses in say UCD, or a single honors course in an Arts faculty?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Will points for Science go up would you say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 itzybitzyfitzy

my uncle is a lecturer at Nuim and he said that their points are going to go up,
    especially the points for their arts courses as there has been so many applicants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sophia91

Any1 any idea on commerce??

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

Optometry in DIT anyone? I'm seriously hoping the points will drop...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 LouiseZ

Anyone want to do Biomedical, Health and Life Sciences in UCD?..I really can't have those points go up much more than 10 or so points...you think they'll go up by much?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SoElagantEliot

Could someone please tell me their points predictions for primary teaching in Mary I?
    I know your guesses are as good as mine but still another opinion is good!

And also do ye know if many are going for it this year - friends or friends of friends etc??
    Just trying to get a general idea of the way the points will turn out.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭YouthNovel

LouiseZ wrote: »
    Anyone want to do Biomedical, Health and Life Sciences in UCD?..I really can't have those points go up much more than 10 or so points...you think they'll go up by much?:(

I really want to do this course as well. I'm seriously hoping 510 is gonna be the number! 520 at a serious stretch.

I don't think it's gonna go way up, maybe 5/10.

Fingers crossed for the both of us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

If arts courses were to rise in points, surely it would be mainly general arts degrees, and not more specific courses e.g. European Studies in TCD (which I'm hoping for).

Also, I'd imagine that lots of people returning to college having left school some years ago would apply for more practical courses like Nursing and computer-based courses perhaps, which might carry more of a guarantee of a job straight after in 3-4 years' time...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭xxmeabhxx

Does anyone know if computer applications in DCU is going to rise, it's 315 atm and I was aiming for the mid to high 400's so I should be fine but I'm just a bit paranoid, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

xxmeabhxx wrote: »
    Does anyone know if computer applications in DCU is going to rise, it's 315 atm and I was aiming for the mid to high 400's so I should be fine but I'm just a bit paranoid, lol.

I think you should be fine, if it was 315 and you get 400 you should be safe. If it rises it won't rise by a huge amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I think everything that was in the 200-300 range is going to shoot up.
    Any opinions on where med is going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Shouldn't be too much of a jump as the hpat results and percentiles were very similar to last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Not going to rise or fall that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Junior D

Ditzie wrote: »
    Optometry in DIT anyone? I'm seriously hoping the points will drop...

Yep, me too although its lower down on the CAO. I think I should have the points for it anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

Arts.. What do ye think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 onenightonly

I seriously hope English Studies drops abit. (In TCD - single degree)
    As far as can tell most people seem to be going for Law, Business and Science courses. As for Arts, I'm hoping people are going for the multiple-subject Arts.
    On the final round last year, English Studies was 475. I did my LC last year and got 470.
    I'm seriously hoping.. The waiting around is killing me though.

I guess we just can't predict anything because the points could change for a number of reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

Arts is really difficult to predict, though the report on Feb 1st stated that there are almost 11% more applicants to Arts/Social Science courses than last year, so the points will probably be higher.
    By how much, I have no idea. :confused:

I'm really just hoping that the demand for Arts in UCD doesn't skyrocket.
    Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

Any thoughts on the points for primary teaching?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭shamoono

hey guys,

what do you think about the points for Pharmacology at UCD? Will it go up or just stay the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭A193

Anyone got a clue on LSAD Art? I hate how the Art subjects are more or less ignored!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

Hi, anyone any idea if the points for pharmacy will change much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

Originally Posted by the Independent...

Pharmacy, which like Architecture only offers a small number of places in total, shows a significant drop in first preferences from 380 to 280. The course grouping, the Built Environment shows a drop of first preference applications from 324 to 257, or 20.68pc.
    so according to that it should go down a bit? (From March 2010: http://www.independent.ie/education/going-to-college/cao-application-statistics-2093533.html)

Funnily enough i came on this post looking for what people had said about Pharmacy caroline :D I'm in college this year but hoping to switch to Pharmacy since i got the points for RCSI last year, if it goes down this year then all the better! (:

Advertisement