Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

predicted cao points 2010

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

I'd say trying to predict CAO points for next Monday would have a similar result to predicting Eavan Boland on a certain second English paper.

It seems every opinion contradicts itself. Everyone asked has a different opinion, perhaps as a self-defence mechanism crafted to suit their own aspirations. No one has any clear idea where it's going to go. Across the country, people resigned to their second choice may well be offered their preferrence. In counterpoint, there are those reclining in relaxation, grinning ear to ear, certain of an offer they won't receive.

Difficult as it is, retaining an air of vacant apathy is probably the best course of action until Monday. Trying to predict what the minimum points for any course would be a blind endeavour that will probably only disappoint and anger people in the long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 muselover

Anyone know anything about the predicted points for Arts in NUI Galway? I heard around 370 . . . I applied for HEAR and got it so I'm really hoping I get Arts through that as I did my leaving last year and didnt get enough points for arts... I'm just hoping they don't go up too much :(

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

I got 435 in the LC. My first choice is Arts in Pats and my second is Arts in Maynooth. Now Im thinking Id prefer maynooth. Apparently Arts in Pats is estimated to go up fro 420 to 440. So just out of my reach! Ha. Any else got an estimate for both courses???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

I got 435 in the LC. My first choice is Arts in Pats and my second is Arts in Maynooth. Now Im thinking Id prefer maynooth. Apparently Arts in Pats is estimated to go up fro 420 to 440. So just out of my reach! Ha. Any else got an estimate for both courses???
    All Arts courses are expected to rise tbh. Hard to say how much though. Going up by 15 points would be a long way to go.

All Arts courses are expected to rise tbh. Hard to say how much though. Going up by 15 points would be a long way to go.

I know that arts courses are going to rise, thats why i thought id ask here. And I know points for all courses are hard to predict. Its pretty much a guessing game. I heard maynooth is expected to go up from 375 to 410. Thats a huge jump but bare in mind its one of the most popular if not the most poplular of arts courses. Although if it was at 410 i think id be 'safe' enough with my 435 lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Fingers crosses that science at Trinity doesn't go up too much. I spent the summer convinced I wouldn't get last years minimum, but now that I'm a fair bit over it my hopes are starting to rise again. I'd be pretty crushed if I missed it...

Lawliet wrote: »
    Fingers crosses that science at Trinity doesn't go up too much. I spent the summer convinced I wouldn't get last years minimum, but now that I'm a fair bit over it my hopes are starting to rise again. I'd be pretty crushed if I missed it...

They really screwed us over this year in terms of the exams and the marking. I just hope they don't do the same with the points!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

stainluss wrote: »
    I never knew business was going up:(

Are all business courses expected to increase? Or just the mid-table ones? (e.g. the commerces) Is it due to mature students?

yeah apparently business applications went up 5% but that doesn't necessarily mean that points will increase...factors such as the standard of candidates in the exams also influences points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 10rooney10

hi ... just wondering if anybody can estimate what the likely points for lm051 computer systems in university of limerick will be?!! current points are 310 -- answers would be much appreciated thanks! :D

My friend got 315pts. Last yrs pts were 355. Any chance the pts went down? The course doesnt seem too popular. Id love for her to end up in maynooth too!! Otherwise she will be going to America! Boooo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

A Changer wrote: »
    I'd say trying to predict CAO points for next Monday would have a similar result to predicting Eavan Boland on a certain second English paper.

It seems every opinion contradicts itself. Everyone asked has a different opinion, perhaps as a self-defence mechanism crafted to suit their own aspirations. No one has any clear idea where it's going to go. Across the country, people resigned to their second choice may well be offered their preferrence. In counterpoint, there are those reclining in relaxation, grinning ear to ear, certain of an offer they won't receive.

Difficult as it is, retaining an air of vacant apathy is probably the best course of action until Monday. Trying to predict what the minimum points for any course would be a blind endeavour that will probably only disappoint and anger people in the long run.

+1

Advertisement