Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bike build dilemma

• 20-04-2010 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭

I bought a 62cm 10 speed peugeot a few months back and Ive stripped it and now have to rebuild it. Ive decided I want to sell it to put money towards a new track frame but Im not sure if I should convert to fixed or put the derailer back on. I'll need to buy cables,brake pads,handlebar tape, ball bearings etc

The current wheel set is a pair of 'rigida chroma chromage superchromix'
    I need to replace a couple of nipples and spokes. Its a bit of work and Im not sure what way to go. I could buy track hubs and deep colored rims and make it appealing for fixie fans, only problem is that the frame is 62cm so not sure I'll have many interested

Any opinions of what to do? I payed 170euro for the bike and Im not sure how much Ill get for it when its finished, its a white 1987 Peugeot Aubisque with rainbow decal set

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

what components are on it? Throw up a picture of all the bits if you could... that'd be great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

will try get some pics up tomorrow, the 5 speed freewheel is in excellent condition, the hubs are low flange sachs maillard and have no internal wear, the rear hub accepts a standard bmx single speed freewheel, brakes are weinmann type 500, derailleurs are sachs maillard and very clean.
    theres internal cable routing for rear brakes. front rim is in nice condition, chrome looks very well but rear rim has a little damage in a couple of places but still runs thru.

rear dropouts are 120mm spacing so perfect for track hub.

Advertisement