Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist Kilkenny City

Options
  • 20-04-2010 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

Hi
    I am looking for a good dentist in Kilkenny. I have the natural fear of the dentist and am looking for advice who is good. Let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭patrickk

Belfast all dentists are rip off in Kilkenny especially on waterford road :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I thought you could claim it back at the end of the year?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭countryliving

hi mouse house - i hear your fear i hate doctors but dentists i dont mind. i always go to james mcdermott on william st. and hes a gentleman, very kind and does'nt rip me off with prices...very reasonable.good luck

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I go to James McDermott also and I've an un-natural fear of dentists (needles in general).
    If you're particularly concerned, speak to him first and see what he can do.
    The first time I went to him I hadn't visited a dentist in a while and I got a valium which I took beforehand which certainly helped (though I think they are understandably reluctant to prescribe those to people before treatment).
    I've been back since a few times under my own steam... maybe I've manned up but anyway I find him very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

God i must be the only person in Kilkenny who actually likes going to the dentist, love that squeaky clean feeling after getting my biannual clean and polish.

I go to yer man on dean street so i do. I was trying to get him to give me a blast of the nitrous oxide for the laugh (pun intended). No dice. He was great. Then he went off to study orthodontics so i go to his replacement now (same place).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I go to John McCarron's surgery on William Street, I've always found it to be bang on, although I usually get a different dentist every time. They've all been good though!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭The Omen 666

i hate dentists and hadn't gone in a while till i chiped, i have a prob with my jaw in that it locks alot especially when open for a bit. I go to Dr Noel Kavanagh, friary court, friary street. A really nice young dentist. Ubnderstood my aprehension and an overall nice person...highly recommended, i know go regularly for checkups and cleaning where i wouldnt have bothered before coz i hated dentists

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭patrickk

theyre worse than banks rip off merchants playing on peoples pain and fears :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 Deco0224

I used to be terrified of going to the Dentist and a friend of mine who was also nervous told me about Dr. Jackie Bracken in Callan. She was so nice and friendly - talked the whole thing through with me. She uses this sedation gas and it makes you feel calm and relaxed - It's fantastic - I would not go any where else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 selena27

Dr Colin Hehir on Dean Street-proffessional,friendly,creating stress free atmosphere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Hi Folks I was wondering if any one can recommend a dentist who would be open on a Saturday or do any?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭nhg

The dentist in Callan opens on a sat and late one night during the week as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Bill MacCallum on the High Street. He is very gentle and soothing. I managed to fall asleep once whilst he was prepping a root for a crown. Woke myself up by snoring. Genteel snores I might add. He is wonderful (but don't get him started on almalgam fillings or the evils of sugar). :D

Advertisement