Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dinosaur poop?

• 20-04-2010 1:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am a complete novice. Picked up a book and went to an area to find pelecypods and found these instead. I'm pretty sure it is fossilized feces, but not positive.

However, I continued moving up the rock face and these same types of objects kept getting smaller and smaller. The last ones I found were about the size of a grain of rice.

The broken pieces had very bright gold and silver colors, but dulled quickly after being exposed to the air.

25157_120698694610408_100000108349482_318364_2907874_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Could you tell us where you found them (geography wise)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 SH0RTBUS

The area is located north of Wolcott, CO northeast of the intersection of Hwy 131 and the road to the Eagle County landfill. Google Earth shows it as "Landfill Rd", but am sure it is a different name. The exact spot is Lat 39.723222 Long -106.678152 per Google Earth.

The spot is more of a steep hill of shale, rather than a rock face as I had described earlier.

Advertisement