Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knee High Combat Boots?

Options
  • 20-04-2010 2:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I can get a nice pair of stompy boots outside of the internet? All the bargains I've found tend to be negated by extortionate shipping charges so if anyone knows a place that does free shipping, or better yet, is located in Dublin, that would be super.

Here's the type of boot I have my eye on:
    dare2.gif
    I'm told Zereep and China Blue are good starting points but from my experience, the former doesn't do the larger sizes (I'm a EUR 44 shoe size) and the latter charge through the nose.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mackmuffin

That type of boot is called a "stacker" boot, not combat :p

Anyway, a shop in town in George's Street Arcade (can't remember the name, I think it's called Retro, they sell loads of funky clothes and such) has stacker boots similar to that on the display outside of their shop (still in the arcade, it's directly in front of the door to Retro).

Branding wise, you're looking at paying a couple hundred for the "usual" stacker boot, done by New Rock, which would explain why Zerep is expensive (their prices for New Rocks are terrible BTW). Your best bet for something that is easier to break in than New Rocks, better price and looks cuter would be a brand called Demonia, which Retro stock lots of. I have had several pairs of their shoes and they're very good quality, last ages, look nicer than New Rocks and most importantly - they're much cheaper! You'd be looking at about 80 euro for a pair of them by Demonia, about double that or more for New Rocks.

Also try charity shops, I got a pair of stackers in one for fifteen euro before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Aye, Demonia are fantastic- I own a pair of Frankenstein-style boots by them which I unfortunately can't wear due to them being two sizes too big.
    I've checked out that stall in George's Arcade before and the largest size they seem to do is a UK 9. :(
    Still, I'll take you up on that charity shop tip- €15 for a pair of stompers?! That's awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

Well if your goin into combat you wont get very far

Advertisement