Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit Dublin

• 20-04-2010 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

just heard on phanthom , that limp are playn the olympia tickets on sale friday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 sidesixx

Yeah I just heard that too. This gig will be brilliant - I seen them at 2 festivals last year and they were amazing. Hopefully it will be moved to a bigger venue though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

sidesixx wrote: »
    Yeah I just heard that too. This gig will be brilliant - I seen them at 2 festivals last year and they were amazing. Hopefully it will be moved to a bigger venue though!

was going to see them in puncherstown but they cancelled.

the olympia is going to be to small and cramped.

but fcuk it, should be good

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

:eek::eek::eek: MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAPPY DAYS:pac::pac::pac:..Did they give a Date?? Cant Freaakiinnn Wait,,,Tears will be shed if i miss out on tickets:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

24th of August

Beekay wrote: »
    24th of August
    Ahhh Cool..A Reading/Leeds warm up..What a Venue to see em in having waited so long..When they play Break Stuff and Nookie the place is just gonna go MENTAL:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

this is weird. . . .the olympia ??? i thought they would play the o2 or something like that a place much bigger ??? it will sell out

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I could see them selling out this gig pretty quick then come back for a proper tour since they are only doing festivals during the summer. Seen them at RIP last year and they were unreal and will also see them at Pukkelpop so twice in the space of a about a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

A V A wrote: »
    this is weird. . . .the olympia ??? i thought they would play the o2 or something like that a place much bigger ??? it will sell out

Do you think they're still at the level of popularity that could sell out the 02 arena tomorrow? Really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Do you think they're still at the level of popularity that could sell out the 02 arena tomorrow? Really.

I think LB are not big enough for The Point but way too big for the Olympia.

Again highlighting the need for a half decent 5/6,000 capacity venue in the city

scudzilla wrote: »
    I think LB are not big enough for The Point but way too big for the Olympia.

Again highlighting the need for a half decent 5/6,000 capacity venue in the city

Agreed there should be a venue of that capacity except the RDS!!!!! Its a sometimes a to big jump for a band to go from the Olympia to the O2 eg 30 Seconds To Mars going from the Ambassador last time to the O2 since there was no way they were gonna sell it out.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

oh ye of course i do like im 19 and i liked them when i was younger and wasnt aloud go see them or what ever and i say theres a few people the same as me still to this day i still blair my generation etc i think they would and i know of a few people that would go see them for their stage presence and the crack
    i wouldnt mind seeing them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Definitely going to this but I think I will sit for this gig

3 standing tickets in the bag :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Really hoping this won't be sold out by the time I get to Ticketmaster.

I'm not sure how popular they are now but I'd reckon it'll sell out. Olympia is a strange venue for them.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Really hoping this won't be sold out by the time I get to Ticketmaster.

I'm not sure how popular they are now but I'd reckon it'll sell out. Olympia is a strange venue for them.

All sections still available at 11:05, i really thought this would sell out within the hour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭Midnight organ

Got my ticket :):)
    They broke my 14 year old heart when they cancelled last time so ive been waiting for this gig for a long enough time,saw em at download last year it was amazing!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Got my ticket anyway!
    I'm happy with the olympia for this one.Just means more lunacy in my mind :pac:

i really am astounded that there's still standing tickets, even tickets of any type, still available for this one.

It's only a couple of years ago that they were down to headline Download (yeah, they pulled out) and also headline Punchestown and Milton Keynes Bowl (coincidentally pulled out of them too), all 65,000+ venues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Ah, Limp Bizkit just aren't as big as they used to be. I remember their popularity plummeted after their fourth album was released, didn't produce the hits and there was little or no promotion. Then they just disappeared. Now they're back on the live scene in an era where nu-metal isn't as "cool" anymore.

i really am astounded that there's still standing tickets, even tickets of any type, still available for this one.

It's only a couple of years ago that they were down to headline Download (yeah, they pulled out) and also headline Punchestown and Milton Keynes Bowl (coincidentally pulled out of them too), all 65,000+ venues.
    Me too..Amazed it didnt sell out..was on at 8.50 with sky news tuned in ..waiting for the clock to turn 9am..expected instant sell out..maybe all 45 of us will have to leave the barrier and catch Fred or Wes when they stagedive from one of the Olympia boxes:p..or maybe were just gettin old :pac:,but lookin forward to a great night..Its gonna ROCK :D

• Advertisement

Me too..Amazed it didnt sell out..was on at 8.50 with sky news tuned in ..waiting for the clock to turn 9am..expected instant sell out..maybe all 45 of us will have to leave the barrier and catch Fred or Wes when they stagedive from one of the Olympia boxes:p..or maybe were just gettin old :pac:,but lookin forward to a great night..Its gonna ROCK :D

Gonna be a great night, also seats in the circle have only sold up to Row D!!!

May even email the band and ask them if they'd consider a venue change to my back garden!!

Gonna be a great night, also seats in the circle have only sold up to Row D!!!

May even email the band and ask them if they'd consider a venue change to my back garden!!
    Haha that might work:D..was one of the originals who had a Punchestown ticket and hearing the cancellation on the radio was well pissed off..must be that only the true music fans have followed em from when they were arguably the biggest rock band in the world(gonna get slated for that:P)..to now..
    Their loss ..Gonna be one of the Gigs of the Year..\m/:D

Haha that might work:D..was one of the originals who had a Punchestown ticket and hearing the cancellation on the radio was well pissed off..must be that only the true music fans have followed em from when they were arguably the biggest rock band in the world(gonna get slated for that:P)..to now..
    Their loss ..Gonna be one of the Gigs of the Year..\m/:D
    Agreed seen them last year and they were unreal. We will have to see how the new album does (although it prob wont even get into the charts over :( )

Advertisement