Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving Kitchen - Plumbing

• 20-04-2010 9:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

Considering movingmy kitchen/diner. We are getting a new kitchen fitted anyway.
    We want to move our kitchen from the back right of our house to the back left.

This would involve moving the plumbing for sink etc about 8 feet to the left - along the back wall of the house.

Can anyone tell me how big a job this would be. What would it entail.

I am unsure if this can be done inside/outside the house?
    Where would the pipes be hidden?
    If outside would I have to worry about pipes freezing over?
    If inside is there any way to hide piping?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

usually done inside the house running pipes under the floorboards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

As above done inside and chaseing the pipes in the wall or under the floors. If you live in a timber frame house you cannot chase the walls between your neighbour.

If your condifent enough to do the chaseing it will save you a fortune.

However the waste is usually ran through the outside as its very big to chase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

Thanks for the help - very useful.

I would have thought that the floor was concrete in my house(maybe wrong).
    Would this mean that the floors would be dug up, to allow for the pipes to be layed?

Or, if it is done in the wall I assume something similar. Then re-plastered afterwards.

I was a bit worried that I would need to box it all in and it would look awful.

Would it be a big job? I am looking to roughly cost it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 trevplumb

Moving a kitchen generally isnt a huge job, most would only take a day.
    Costs can vary on a number of factors such as the amount of chasing involved, can your waste pipe run back to the same position or are there any doorways obstructing the run, do you need gas pipe moved??

Advertisement