Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga - The O2 - October 26, 27, 29

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I got my ticket back in October last year for €35 the first time she was here, I don't think I could justify paying even more to see the same thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 neversaynever

Trying to buy priority tickets - anyone know the code for blue room?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Getting My Tickets LAter....
    Anyone Get Theres??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

sisco wrote: »
    yes i got mine for 26th and 27trh gettimg 29th tommorrow

No, I meant received them in the post. :P Still waiting on mine for the 26th!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Fish Bloke

Trying to buy priority tickets - anyone know the code for blue room?

Me too. I just registered but I haven't received a gaga code yet. Anyone have one?

• Advertisement

Pre Sale Was Sold Out I Tried To Get Mine Last Night.....
    Got 3 Standing This Morning!!
    Cant Wait Going All 3 Dates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

sisco wrote: »
    Cant Wait Going All 3 Dates
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Gallagher5

Saw her recently - great entertainer!

Savman wrote: »
    :eek:

haha I loveeee her so course i would go all 3 dates

Anyone else going??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

that's expensive! Just the one for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Are all the tickets for the three shows sold out does anybody know?

besty wrote: »
    Are all the tickets for the three shows sold out does anybody know?

Yep, basically, you may find 1 ticket but not 2 together!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

There are seats available but they are the mosty expensive ones and unfortunately they're right at the back. Still looking forward to seeing her though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Thanks Hayser, but think I might get tickets for one of the other European shows and make a weekend out of it for the GF's birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Can this women honestly charge between 50 and 90 Euro for her tickets, and have packages on top of this, she has released 1 album and is basically ripping off Grace Jones

Can this women honestly charge between 50 and 90 Euro for her tickets, and have packages on top of this, she has released 1 album and is basically ripping off Grace Jones

Please get your facts right. Gaga has two albums. :) And no, she isn't ripping off Grace Jones, shes a total individual who people like Christina Aguleira are now trying to copy to gain some of her fame. If you don't like her, don't post here, simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Please get your facts right. Gaga has two albums. :) And no, she isn't ripping off Grace Jones, shes a total individual who people like Christina Aguleira are now trying to copy to gain some of her fame. If you don't like her, don't post here, simple.
    Why?
    And individual??Bowie was doing the exact same in terms of costumes 30 years ago.In terms of theatrics KISS was doing it 30 years ago and still is (and better for cheaper too). Name one thing that makes her an individual.Something that no other artist has done before.And you cant say being cooky since Bjork is the queen of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

I was with you until you said that. Christina doesn't need to copy her and isn't, that is such a lazy argument that people are only throwing round nowadays because everybody else is doing it.

As for Grace, well she has stated plenty of times she is a big inspiration for her but Grace kind of threw it back in her face by calling her a copycat.

Please get your facts right. Gaga has two albums. :) And no, she isn't ripping off Grace Jones,

The Fame and The Fame Monster might as well be the same album
    shes a total individual who people like Christina Aguleira are now trying to copy to gain some of her fame. If you don't like her, don't post here, simple.

Freddie Mercury, David Bowie, Grace Jones, KISS, Madonna, Michael Jackson....all people whom she has been "inspired" by (by which I mean she has taken their fashion sense, stage presence and theatrical concert routine, and pretended it's her own)

Oh, and here's a photo of her actually looking like Madonna

483px-Gaga_front_profile.jpg

• Advertisement

The Fame and The Fame Monster might as well be the same album

Freddie Mercury, David Bowie, Grace Jones, KISS, Madonna, Michael Jackson....all people whom she has been "inspired" by (by which I mean she has taken their fashion sense, stage presence and theatrical concert routine, and pretended it's her own)

Oh, and here's a photo of her actually looking like Madonna

483px-Gaga_front_profile.jpg

Are you serious? How many times have you seen Michael Jackson in a costume like Gaga?
    What songs of David Bowie are in ANY way similar to Gaga?
    Freddie Mercury.. There's NO comparison.
    Grace Jones, costumes are similar but she could never take it to the same level as gaga, eg: The living dress, which you obviously know nothing about.
    And as for Kiss, completely different. They are middle aged creeps who like to parade around naked with cheap face paint on them. Gaga is on a completely different level to them. They couldn't sell out the o2 once in a year, where as Gaga did it 5 times. I believe the facts speak for themselves, with such hype around just the release of a video by her, something which would never happen with any of the artists mentioned above. She writes about things which are important 'Speechless' etc, and she is probably the most fan-based superstar in the world. After finding out on twitter that one of her fans had died of Leukaemia, she dedicated her ENTIRE concert to the girl. I don't see many people doing that. And as for The Fame, and The Fame Monster, no they're not practically one album, both completely different with completely different songs. And she also has a new album coming out before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Jesus christ its worse then an apple fanboy.You completely ignored every point.
    MJs videos,choreography and all around production are what Gaga was "inspired" by.Why would you try compare a man and womans costumes?
    She rips off Bowies costumes and all around style(lightning bolt on face for one).And some of the songs do sound like Bowies but Bowie is much more talented.
    Exactly there is no comparison.Freddie was a million times more talented(and more feminine too in some cases)
    And how much was this living dress?
    As for Kiss, lets see if Gaga is around in almost 40 years.Im guessing she'll be dead and/or forgotten.

Are you serious? How many times have you seen Michael Jackson in a costume like Gaga?
    What songs of David Bowie are in ANY way similar to Gaga?
    Freddie Mercury.. There's NO comparison.
    Grace Jones, costumes are similar but she could never take it to the same level as gaga, eg: The living dress, which you obviously know nothing about.
    And as for Kiss, completely different. They are middle aged creeps who like to parade around naked with cheap face paint on them. Gaga is on a completely different level to them. They couldn't sell out the o2 once in a year, where as Gaga did it 5 times. I believe the facts speak for themselves, with such hype around just the release of a video by her, something which would never happen with any of the artists mentioned above.
    ROFL! Have you ever actually witnessed the mass hysteria that took over the entire planet when Michael Jackson announced a tour or album? Hello, Bad '88? Stampedes for tickets.

You're right there's no comparison to Freddie Mercury, Gaga could probably just make it as his roadie.

Be a fan, sure, but please stop posting bull****.

For the record, I quite like Gaga but I take issue with pretty much everything she is about. High ticket prices, plus the prices hiked up mid-tour due to her wacky demands. Then releasing the same album in 3 versions and yes, it's the same f*cking album for crying out loud.
    1. Album
    2. Album + few "bonus tracks"
    3. Album remixed

Disgraceful.

She is milking the cash cow and fanboy or not, there is no defending it.

If I happen to find a spare €95 down the back of the sofa, I'll go see Stevie Wonder, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Not to mention her stage name is taken from Radio Gaga by Queen.

Her whole "look at me" approach to every appearance she makes is really starting to grate on me. Wearing telephone on her head during an interview on Jonathan Ross? that's just stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

She has said herself that she is influenced by these artists and it's probably why I like Lady Gaga as I like most of those artists too.

I like her music. I saw her show and thought it was amazing. That's why I'm going again.

I have just watched her new video for Alejandro and I am quite disappointed by it. It might as well be Madonna. Her other videos, I thought, were different.

And saying Christina Aguliera is ripping off Lady Gaga is quite funny coz when Lady Gaga first started appearing on the scene a lot of people were asking who is this Christina Aguliera impersonator. I was! :pac:

But what is this thread about her gig in October or wah?

Larianne wrote: »
    But what is this thread about her gig in October or wah?

I started off by asking why the tickets were so dear, and got a torrent of abuse over the fact that she is the greatest living icon (apparently) in modern music

Just because Glee says so, does not make it fact

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Not to mention her stage name is taken from Radio Gaga by Queen.

Her whole "look at me" approach to every appearance she makes is really starting to grate on me. Wearing telephone on her head during an interview on Jonathan Ross? that's just stupid

And how much money will she make from these 'stupid' things, yeah not that stupid

I started off by asking why the tickets were so dear, and got a torrent of abuse over the fact that she is the greatest living icon (apparently) in modern music

Just because Glee says so, does not make it fact

No you didn't. You came here to criticize Gaga.
    This threads here to inform people of her tour, not for Gaga haters with no common sense to come in and criticize anything. If you have a problem with her/her prices start your own friggin' thread because most people here won't care for your opinion anyway. No one went criticising your taste in music, for example saying who'd pay 50/60 euro to go see Guns N' Roses when all your getting is AXL Rose.

No you didn't. You came here to criticize Gaga.
    This threads here to inform people of her tour, not for Gaga haters with no common sense to come in and criticize anything. If you have a problem with her/her prices start your own friggin' thread because most people here won't care for your opinion anyway. No one went criticising your taste in music, for example saying who'd pay 50/60 euro to go see Guns N' Roses when all your getting is AXL Rose.
    Gaga haters?!?! I've already said I like Gaga? I seen her supporting PCD back before she went mega-famous and she was a class live act, however I do not approve of her recent shenanigans. I'm sure, just like MJ back in the day, that Lady Gaga is now more a commercial enterprise than it is an actual person, so the record companies will exploit every opportunity until saturation point is reached and she gets spat out the other side.

Pointless you defending her personally like she's some kind of victim, better to consider her the face of a massive multinational. That should not ruiun your enjoyment of her music and the circus that follows, just try not to be so naive when you leap to the defense of this damsel in distress.

Hey, I may even bite the bullet before October and pick up a pair of tickets because ripoff as it might be, I'd say the show itself will be a sight to behold. Good tunes, total whackjob of a front woman and the best production (our) money can buy.

Comparing her to legends of the musical art form is just makes ya look silly.

• Advertisement

Savman wrote: »
    Gaga haters?!?! I've already said I like Gaga? I seen her supporting PCD back before she went mega-famous and she was a class live act, however I do not approve of her recent shenanigans. I'm sure, just like MJ back in the day, that Lady Gaga is now more a commercial enterprise than it is an actual person, so the record companies will exploit every opportunity until saturation point is reached and she gets spat out the other side.

Pointless you defending her personally like she's some kind of victim, better to consider her the face of a massive multinational. That should not ruiun your enjoyment of her music and the circus that follows, just try not to be so naive when you leap to the defense of this damsel in distress.

Hey, I may even bite the bullet before October and pick up a pair of tickets because ripoff as it might be, I'd say the show itself will be a sight to behold. Good tunes, total whackjob of a front woman and the best production (our) money can buy.

Comparing her to legends of the musical art form is just makes ya look silly.

Nope missus it makes u look silly....
    how can ya even not think she should no be compared??
    she is heading in these legends footsteps theres nothing wrong with that she is only out like 2 years....
    As far the Fame and The Fame Monster she has always said its only 1 album not 2....
    Its also been confirmed that Alejandro is the last single to come out of the album there will be another album in 2011

Advertisement