Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga - The O2 - October 26, 27, 29

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

sisco wrote: »
    Nope missus it makes u look silly....
    how can ya even not think she should no be compared??
    she is heading in these legends footsteps theres nothing wrong with that she is only out like 2 years....
    As far the Fame and The Fame Monster she has always said its only 1 album not 2....
    Its also been confirmed that Alejandro is the last single to come out of the album there will be another album in 2011

Finally, someone with sense!
    Ps: 2 tracks have been leaked from it onto youtube, Greatest and Then you'd love me.
    Plus check out her live performance of Stand By Me, gonna be included in the tour which we'll be seeing!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I started off by asking why the tickets were so dear, and got a torrent of abuse over the fact that she is the greatest living icon (apparently) in modern music

Just because Glee says so, does not make it fact

Tickets are more expensive than her last tour as it suffered a huge loss. I'm not surprised as for 30 odd quid I paid, I got a hell of a show. http://www.prefixmag.com/news/lady-gagas-monster-ball-tour-allegedly-loses-4-mil/35985/ I'm pretty sure she'll continue with a good show in October.

Glee? There's always gonna be hype about things. You can choose to believe or not. I don't watch Glee. Also, I don't go into the forum saying how nauseating that show is. I choose to ignore it and instead rant about it in R&R. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Finally, someone with sense!
    Ps: 2 tracks have been leaked from it onto youtube, Greatest and Then you'd love me.
    Plus check out her live performance of Stand By Me, gonna be included in the tour which we'll be seeing!

Stand By Me will be scrapped i would say to be honest for our leg anyway.....
    Ya i heard them songs ages ago about month ago i on this gaga fan site ages n we had them on that haha,,,,
    What dates u going??

Larianne wrote: »
    Tickets are more expensive than her last tour as it suffered a huge loss. I'm not surprised as for 30 odd quid I paid, I got a hell of a show. http://www.prefixmag.com/news/lady-gagas-monster-ball-tour-allegedly-loses-4-mil/35985/ I'm pretty sure she'll continue with a good show in October.

Glee? There's always gonna be hype about things. You can choose to believe or not. I don't watch Glee. Also, I don't go into the forum saying how nauseating that show is. I choose to ignore it and instead rant about it in R&R. :)

You going any dates??

You going any dates??

I have stated previously in the thread that I am going in October. I thought her show in March was amazing. It's going to be a whole new show so I cannot wait!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Oooh oooh which day :D

Anyone Going 3 Dates??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Nope missus it makes u look silly....
    how can ya even not think she should no be compared??
    :rolleyes:
    Gaga cannot be mentioned in the same breath at the others. She is a new kid on the block and there's more to being a legend than acting all freaky and releasing a few singles.

Feels like I'm wasting my time trying to explain this to teenybopper mentality. There are popstars and there are legends, not mutually exclusive but most definitely not the same thing.

Gaga > Queen + MJ + David Bowie. Er, no.

Stand By Me will be scrapped i would say to be honest for our leg anyway.....
    Ya i heard them songs ages ago about month ago i on this gaga fan site ages n we had them on that haha,,,,
    What dates u going??

I doubt it! :D She's carried it on through the UK, and she plays it like a routine before Speechless. ;)
    Going 26th! :D You?
    Also, anyone know if shes revoking the show from the February show or is it remaining pretty much the same?

I doubt it! :D She's carried it on through the UK, and she plays it like a routine before Speechless. ;)
    Also, anyone know if shes revoking the show from the February show or is it remaining pretty much the same?

She has stated that it's going to be a different show from her last.

I'm going 26th. :D

• Advertisement

She has stated that it's going to be a different show from her last.

I'm going 26th. :D

Really? I thought she said something like it would be more explosive or something? Never took it down as a new show, but, even better! :D
    I wonder if she'll announce another support act other than SPW.

Allow me to start off by saying I have absolutely no hatred for Lady Gaga and can tolerate her music,although it wouldn't necessarily be my cup of tea

However after reading through this thread I'm amazed by the amount of people raving about her originality...theres absolutely nothing new going on here image wise,forget about her ripping off Grace Jones She lifted most of her earlier outfits\style directly from Dale Bozzio of missing persons,quite a popular new wave group back in the 80's..though nowadays Gaga has a much,much bigger budget to spend on beehives and other goofy crap

dale1.jpg

4201052120_3a78bc9b86_o.jpg

Missing_Persons_-_Spring_Session_M-718589.jpg

People are already comparing her to Bowie\Prince\Jackson and Queen - Dear God,She has one album under her belt,calm down and get back to me in 10 years time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

People are already comparing her to Bowie\Prince\Jackson and Queen - Dear God,She has one album under her belt,calm down and get back to me in 10 years time :)

I'm a Gaga fan and I agree with this. I think she can reach the iconic stage but give her at least 10 years before you start comparing her to legends.
    I saw her in Feb so can justify spending €70 again to see her in Oct (which I am doing)
    I can't see it being a whole new show and haven't read anywhere about her stating so. Either way I'd be happy seeing the same show I saw in Feb.

I'm a Gaga fan and I agree with this. I think she can reach the iconic stage but give her at least 10 years before you start comparing her to legends.
    I saw her in Feb so can justify spending €70 again to see her in Oct (which I am doing)
    I can't see it being a whole new show and haven't read anywhere about her stating so. Either way I'd be happy seeing the same show I saw in Feb.

Oh I thought she said it was gonna be the Monster's Ball but different. My bad. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

Oh I thought she said it was gonna be the Monster's Ball but different. My bad. :o

Oh I'm not questioning you, I just haven't read anything about that.
    Will she have time to think of a whole new show though? But she did mention doing the new Monster Ball in two weeks, so maybe:confused:
    I don't know! But as I said, she was great last time and I'm sure she will be again;)

Oh I'm not questioning you, I just haven't read anything about that.
    Will she have time to think of a whole new show though? But she did mention doing the new Monster Ball in two weeks, so maybe:confused:
    I don't know! But as I said, she was great last time and I'm sure she will be again;)

It Will Be A New Show

Will be total new show thats why i was saying stand by me will be scrapped

It IS going to be a new show

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

It Will Be A New Show
    Will be total new show thats why i was saying stand by me will be scrapped
    It IS going to be a new show
    Dont think itll be a new show............

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

k

• Advertisement

sooo are there many going

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Deirdre5

It won't be a whole new show, it'll be a little bit different. Just like it was a bit different from America to the UK. Some different costumes and some different choreography.

Anyone know where she stayed last time she was here??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Anyone know where she stayed last time she was here??

Not sure, but judging how much her ego has grown in the last few weeks this time I'd expect she will be staying atop her pedestal. She comes to Ireland a fair bit but never seems to go out and see places like she does in England. Maybe cos she doesn't have a million paps following her around to give her more attention.

I do like the Gaga but damn she mustn't have been loved as a child.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭meenmore

I just finished off a Lady Gaga mashup/megamix:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHuJ5LD-QZU

Comments?

Got my tix in the post. :)

Got my tix in the post. :)

Got mine a week ago! :D

Did you notice it says "No Camera/Video/Rec" whereas it usually doesn't!

Got mine a week ago! :D

Did you notice it says "No Camera/Video/Rec" whereas it usually doesn't!

Just checked my tickets. oh!

Well in fairness they won't be able to enforce that.

Just checked my tickets. oh!

Well in fairness they won't be able to enforce that.

Yeah, I was thinking that maybe the concert is going to be filmed if it says that?

• Advertisement

Just scroll down!!
    http://www.theo2.ie/event-listing/

Not many people can sell out 3 dates atm here

Advertisement