Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga - The O2 - October 26, 27, 29

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

Anyone know who's supporting her yet? Think Semi Precious Weapons have been dropped for this part of the Europe tour, afaik they're touring at that time.

Also, TMB will be changed but it's not going to be completely different, just the set list is going to be different and the costumes are going to be more flamboyant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

LadyGaga! wrote: »
    Anyone know who's supporting her yet? Think Semi Precious Weapons have been dropped for this part of the Europe tour, afaik they're touring at that time.

Also, TMB will be changed but it's not going to be completely different, just the set list is going to be different and the costumes are going to be more flamboyant.

Yep, Semi-Precious (we're awful but Gaga is a good friend) Weapons are being replaced by the Scissor Sisters for the end of the shows in the States but I think they are too big in Europe to play second fiddle to Gaga, seen as they played Dublin in their own right a few months back.

I can't wait, I can't wait..... I think we should record this show and send it to Axl Rose on how to treat fans cos no doubting but Lady Gaga will rock - their is a girl that respects her fans.

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Yeah, I was thinking that maybe the concert is going to be filmed if it says that?

Its says that on all tickets for Gaga lately - the shows she did in the O2 in London, the ones she did in Manchester, those in America etc, and its never enforced.

Rumour has it, one of her London shows in December will be 3D and recorded for a DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Yep, Semi-Precious (we're awful but Gaga is a good friend) Weapons are being replaced by the Scissor Sisters for the end of the shows in the States but I think they are too big in Europe to play second fiddle to Gaga, seen as they played Dublin in their own right a few months back.

I can't wait, I can't wait..... I think we should record this show and send it to Axl Rose on how to treat fans cos no doubting but Lady Gaga will rock - their is a girl that respects her fans.

Just checked SPW myspace there, and they've got no dates after October 9, none for Lady Gaga either!
    Its says that on all tickets for Gaga lately - the shows she did in the O2 in London, the ones she did in Manchester, those in America etc, and its never enforced.

Rumour has it, one of her London shows in December will be 3D and recorded for a DVD.

Ah cool!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭lucky-colm

what are the packages i see on ticket master??

there is a fame package and a paparazzi package what is the difference there??

was going to go on the friday night with the missus but its sold out:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Semi Precious Weapons will be playing support again in Dublin!!
    We might get someone else like we got alphabeat last time...
    Here is the link saying they have been confirmed
    http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=7704890&ar=ladygaga

lucky-colm wrote: »
    what are the packages i see on ticket master??

there is a fame package and a paparazzi package what is the difference there??

was going to go on the friday night with the missus but its sold out:(

Those packages are a rip-off in my opinion but if you desperately want to go see her might be your only option - you can buy them with or without a ticket so be sure to get them with the ticket ha ha

Basically they get you into the arena a bit earlier, you get a dog tag watch, a programme and your ticket. One package is for standing and the other is for a seat, sorry can't remember which one is which.

Just FYI they are saying they are sold out but you can still get individual sitting tickets on ticketmaster cos I checked for a friend - hope you get one, she should be brilliant.

sisco wrote: »
    Semi Precious Weapons will be playing support again in Dublin!!
    We might get someone else like we got alphabeat last time...
    Here is the link saying they have been confirmed
    http://www.mcd.ie/home/fn.php?c=7704890&ar=ladygaga

I've watched a few videos of theirs and heard from others than went to Gaga before that they are pretty horrific - true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 blah_

I got standing tickets for the Friday at the o2 :D Anyone have any idea what time to start queuing at to get near enough the front??

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

I've watched a few videos of theirs and heard from others than went to Gaga before that they are pretty horrific - true?

They are an utter abomination.

• Advertisement

blah_ wrote: »
    I got standing tickets for the Friday at the o2 :D Anyone have any idea what time to start queuing at to get near enough the front??

Thursday ha ha

I'm on the Gagadaily forums and people there are saying they'll queue from about 12pm, but I reckon getting there about 3pm will get you near enough the front.

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    They are an utter abomination.

Yeah I watched some of their youtube stuff and its very repetitive and using the words "Semi.....Precious.....Weapons" a lot. I want to be near enough the front so will have to suffer them ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

Yeah I watched some of their youtube stuff and its very repetitive and using the words "Semi.....Precious.....Weapons" a lot. I want to be near enough the front so will have to suffer them ha ha

To be clear, I'd never judge someone based on their sexual orientation. However, when I am subjected to a barely concealed, tightly bound phallus in the face, and continual "air-blowjobs" I have to draw the line. If their mission is to make the crowd (which, at the last Gaga gig, comprised a lot of children with their parents) very uncomfortable ... mission accomplished.

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    To be clear, I'd never judge someone based on their sexual orientation. However, when I am subjected to a barely concealed, tightly bound phallus in the face, and continual "air-blowjobs" I have to draw the line. If their mission is to make the crowd (which, at the last Gaga gig, comprised a lot of children with their parents) very uncomfortable ... mission accomplished.

I hear exactly what you are saying and your not the first to say that either. They appear to cover up their lack of talent with flamboyance.

Lady Starlight has confirmed she will play the European leg of the tour.

For those that don't know of her, she is Gaga's best friend, they used to be in a kind of duet together "Lady Gaga and the Starlight Revue" and she is a rock DJ. Her own stuff is a bit naff in my opinion but I think she plays Kiss and Guns'N'Roses and AC/DC as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

Just over 2.5 weeks until this gig (I am going Tues 26th) and I cannot wait!

I am a fan, but not the biggest fan ever. I just think its going to be an amazing show.......

9 Days from today! :D<3

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭jupiter00

What time does the lady gaga concert actually start and finish, I know it says doors open at 6.30pm but does it take a while to get through and get seated? Are you allowed to take a camera phone? I know it says no cameras etc............Is there an interval during the show? So looking forward to it, going on the 27th.:D

jupiter00 wrote: »
    What time does the lady gaga concert actually start and finish, I know it says doors open at 6.30pm but does it take a while to get through and get seated? Are you allowed to take a camera phone? I know it says no cameras etc............Is there an interval during the show? So looking forward to it, going on the 27th.:D

Not too sure what time it starts, but doors at 6:30pm, I expect Lady Starlight to be on about 7:15pm-ish, then Semi-Precious Weapons around 8:15pm and Gaga sometime after 9 (all guess work from me mind).

If you are in the seated section, I'd advise not bothering to come too early because your seat is there so you've nothing really to queue for, if you're standing then get their early.

Yes, you can take a camera phone, its only professional cameras that aren;t allowed, I've never had a digital camera taken off me.

No interval, she just plays the complete set with some costume changes. There are video interludes that form part of the show where she gets in her breather - hope this helps.

Just a week to go, so excited.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Soon now :_)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Karen01

Please read the forum charter, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Anyone goin standin on the 26th?

Mate fecked off for a new job so left on me toblerone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

unreggd wrote: »
    Anyone goin standin on the 26th?

Mate fecked off for a new job so left on me toblerone!

I am! On my own too, friends sold their tix! :( I'm entrance 3, which one are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

No idea! Hafta collect me ticket tmoro, Ill keep ye posted :D

ONE DAY! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Rafcam

Is there a certain time in The O2 that acts have to be finished by? I heard before that it was 11 o'clock, but I'm not too sure. I'm just trying to figure out what's the easiest way home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Gaga then the George, its gonna be great!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Excited. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

Got a text message from Ticketmaster saying that on Fri 29th doors open at 6:30pm, Semi Precious Weapons on stage at 7:30pm and GaGa on stage at 8:30pm.

I bought tickets for my sister and her boyfriend but they can't go, neither can I and I don't have anyone to go with even if I did want to go, so now I'm in a rush to try and see about letting someone else have them. Wish I'd never bothered buying them now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Are we to take that 8.30 start time as gospel, or are they trying to get people in earlier for the support acts? I read online that her typical start time is after 9pm.

I've arranged with others to head in just after 8 but may have to change those plans if she is REALLY going to be on stage that much before 9pm.

Advertisement