Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga - The O2 - October 26, 27, 29

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Rick_

I'm only relaying what Ticketmaster sent me in a text. The only mention one support act, I thought there were two going by earlier posts in this thread. I honestly don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Paddy C wrote: »
    I'm only relaying what Ticketmaster sent me in a text. The only mention one support act, I thought there were two going by earlier posts in this thread. I honestly don't know.

Cheers. Yeah, my sister got the same text. Maybe she will be starting earlier than normal if there's only one opening act. Might have to make some rearrangements...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

THAT WAS AMAZING...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

She did go on at 8.30 and to quote @popjustice, Amazing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Fcuking savage!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Does anyone who was there tonight know where the standing area stopped in relation to where the wheelchair spaces were? Was it all standing (ie, the usual half of the seated area folded back) so that the wheelchair spaces are on a balcony with nobody standing in front of it or were there tiered seated spaces in front of the wheelchair area?

Going on Friday and hoping that all the area right in front of the balcony for w/chairs in flat and standing so there'll be no visability issues.

The floor was all standing, I was standing, I didn't see any wheelchair users so I presume they were on the raised area u mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I saw a video from last night on youtube. I thought there were no cameras allowed? I'm wondering if I should bring one or not.

magnumlady wrote: »
    I saw a video from last night on youtube. I thought there were no cameras allowed? I'm wondering if I should bring one or not.

Bring one.

The crowds' cameras actually form part of her act at one point. She wants you to have them.

And yes, it was a great night. Glad I got there by 8.30 afterall. Lots of nice crowd interaction, great performances.

Thanks I will do :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

that was an incredible set we built for her yesterday, Nearly as big as ac/dc. Im ragein i am going to miss the concert after all the hard work:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Lady Gaga is a complete f&^%ing legend - what a show.

Semi-Precious Weapons were actually quite enjoyable, avoid Lady Starlight though if ye are not pushed about where you stand because she was somewhat fun for 2 minutes and then just bored the arse off people. She comes on stage, runs around and drinks Jack Daniels and that's actually it. She wasn't even changing the records and talking to the crowd.

As for the crowd, I thought they were a joke. A lot were I was standing were texting and stoo through the show with their arms folded. Some were asking what songs she was singing shen she did her album tracks, like being at a funeral at times. I won't mention the muppets either who tried to crush people up the front even though there was a load of room behind them. I queued for ages and got 4th row but moved back because I couldn't breath or move - moved back a bit and had a far more enjoyable time.

Massive thumbs up for Gaga, crowd were a complete joke. Fans me arse!

Oh and also to add - please don't bring kids/young teenagers into the standing area because if the crowd last night are anything to go by they will get pushed aside.

Two grown men who should know better pushed aside a girl who was no more than 12... then they got mad at me for taking issue with it.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    As for the crowd, I thought they were a joke. A lot were I was standing were texting and stoo through the show with their arms folded. Some were asking what songs she was singing shen she did her album tracks, like being at a funeral at times. I won't mention the muppets either who tried to crush people up the front even though there was a load of room behind them. I queued for ages and got 4th row but moved back because I couldn't breath or move - moved back a bit and had a far more enjoyable time.

Massive thumbs up for Gaga, crowd were a complete joke. Fans me arse!

Hmm, think you're being a bit hard on the crowd, but maybe it was just the perception from where I was. They definitely came alive at different times, but I think that's kinda normal? I think her own 'what is this, a funeral?' is probably something she says at every show...akin to asking a crowd to scream louder even when they are screaming their heads off.

Maire2009 wrote: »
    Oh and also to add - please don't bring kids/young teenagers into the standing area because if the crowd last night are anything to go by they will get pushed aside.

Two grown men who should know better pushed aside a girl who was no more than 12... then they got mad at me for taking issue with it.
    Marie it's advised on the ticketmaster website tha children should only be in seated areas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭yungwan

UNBELIEVABLE SHOW!

It was amazing.

And Gaga's eccentric kookiness only added to the show.

My friends and I were in stitches at her comments!

Enjoy tonight or other shows guys, she doesnt disappoint.

efb wrote: »
    Marie it's advised on the ticketmaster website tha children should only be in seated areas

Oh yes yes I know don't get me wrong - parents should read the website but some don't or take a chance.

Still, pushing aside a child half your height is hardly okay, no matter the situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭kilkennykitten

The start of last nights concert, have more vids to post but takes ages to upload.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Great gig, was there tonight, great performance, not just the singing

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

I was there tonight and saw her in Feb. It was just so much better tonight. Loved the speech after LoveGame.
    I stuck some photos up here

• Advertisement

I was there tonight and saw her in Feb. It was just so much better tonight. Loved the speech after LoveGame.
    I stuck some photos up here

Great photos. What camera did you use? I'm torn between taking a decent one or a pocket one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Great photos. What camera did you use? I'm torn between taking a decent one or a pocket one.

Just remember the general rule, if it's got a detachable lens you 'could' be refused entry

scudzilla wrote: »
    Just remember the general rule, if it's got a detachable lens you 'could' be refused entry

Thanks, it hasn't got a detachable lens, but it looks like it has. So I reckon I'll play it safe and stick with the compact.

A few more vids from the opening night starting with Telephone.

Alejandro

First few minutes of Paparazzi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

Had an amazing time last night!!

Did anyone find some of the crowd rather rude and aggressive?

We were dressed up and got a fair bit of abuse for it but others loved it. One woman called me a "thinker" because of my strong country accent, my friend had her head pulled back by her hair from a girl who was behind, who told her she looked ****.

I've heard lots of other reports from other friends that went as well. Seems there were a lot of chav-esq people there.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Rabbit Heart

Thanks. I use a Fujifilm Finepix S5600. Only started taking it to gigs recently. Get better results that my little digital one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Great great show.
    Wasn't a fan of Semi-precious weapons (entertaining to watch but the music was a bit meh) but Gaga really exceeded my expectations. I wasn't expecting her to be so funny or willing to talk to the audience. Highlight of the night for me involved a leprechaun. :D

As for the audience: they seemed fine to me! I had no problems at all. Maybe I was just in a good section though.

Finish off with Bad Romance.

wild_cat wrote: »
    Had an amazing time last night!!

Did anyone find some of the crowd rather rude and aggressive?

We were dressed up and got a fair bit of abuse for it but others loved it. One woman called me a "thinker" because of my strong country accent, my friend had her head pulled back by her hair from a girl who was behind, who told her she looked ****.

I've heard lots of other reports from other friends that went as well. Seems there were a lot of chav-esq people there.

:\ I'd have drawn them to the attention of the O2 people if you could.

Gaga would hate to think that was going on! I heard in the US she stopped her show to call out people who were apparently fighting in the audience.

Who the f-ck goes to see Lady Gaga while simultaneously hating on people for dressing up? Serious disconnect there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

LookingFor wrote: »
    :\ I'd have drawn them to the attention of the O2 people if you could.

Gaga would hate to think that was going on! I heard in the US she stopped her show to call out people who were apparently fighting in the audience.

Who the f-ck goes to see Lady Gaga while simultaneously hating on people for dressing up? Serious disconnect there.

Yeah that's why we were so surprised!! Some of the people beside us had got their tickets for free so maybe their heart wasn't in it. Kinda relays back to an earlier post from Tuesdays gig where someone commented about lots of people standing with their arms crossed, seen a lot of that last night to, with looks been thrown because of dancing. I don't go to many "pop" concerts as its not my usual music taste so maybe i'm not one to judge but I didn't think much of the crowd, so thank god herself was amazing!!

Advertisement