Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga - The O2 - October 26, 27, 29

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

LookingFor wrote: »
    :\ I'd have drawn them to the attention of the O2 people if you could.

Gaga would hate to think that was going on! I heard in the US she stopped her show to call out people who were apparently fighting in the audience.

Who the f-ck goes to see Lady Gaga while simultaneously hating on people for dressing up? Serious disconnect there.

are you for real Gaga would hate to think that was going on

she couldnt give a flying **** what was going on as long as she was getting paid,

cop on to your self

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

she couldnt give a flying **** what was going on as long as she was getting paid,

cop on to your self

Don't judge others by your own standards. Gaga's words and campaigning and lobbeying against the persecution of minorities back this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

cop on to your self

Gaga does genuinely care about her fans. My friend was going to see her in Manchester and security were turning away people who had coke cans in their hair. Gaga put her foot down and gave out to security for not allowing her fans to express themselves. So they were all allowed in with their cans in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭hynesie08

nommm wrote: »
    Gaga does genuinely care about her fans. My friend was going to see her in Manchester and security were turning away people who had coke cans in their hair. Gaga put her foot down and gave out to security for not allowing her fans to express themselves. So they were all allowed in with their cans in the end.

Well gaga's in the wrong there. security weren't banning the cans to be awkward or to go against the fashion, they were more than likely doing it for health and safety reasons. Empty coke cans can actually slice you up pretty badly if you land on one wrong and thats why most venues don't sell them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

WHy was she near security anyway? or told about it? Who told her? And tbh they are banned for a reason like bottle caps at football etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

WHy was she near security anyway? or told about it? Who told her? And tbh they are banned for a reason like bottle caps at football etc

Sounds like a bono paying for someones dinner story to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 terryde

Wow I never win anything!!

http://www.facebook.com/NowIsGood

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

Lots of fans tweeted her about it and she paid attention. :)

From her twitter:
    'Outraged. RT @Laurapalooza: Staff at the MEN aren't letting people into the arena with cans in their hair. So many sad Little Monsters :('

'All is well at MEN ARENA,feel free to wear your coke cans proud in hair. Security has been reprimanded for censoring little monster freedoms'

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

Question to anyone who has been to the show over the last few days. What time roughly did it end at?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

Rte have a little story up about how she bought her Wedding Cake in Dublin the on Wednesday... Here
    Pretty crazy looking cake but par for the course with Lady Gaga :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

J@yK@y wrote: »
    Question to anyone who has been to the show over the last few days. What time roughly did it end at?

Thanks

10.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭J@yK@y

great, thank you FouxDaFaFa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

did not like that show at all.

The whole tranny over dramatic act was odd.

The back up band was woooooofulll.

Not my cup of tea at all. Although I did enjoy her tearing the panda apart.

I found her to be a bit much with her references to "her big dick" to name one. There was a number of young kids(under 8s) there who dont need to hear talk like that. Was uncomfortable and crude.

Mr.S wrote: »
    honestly what did you expect?

and as for the kids thing, yeah what she says is a bit PG13 and the dancers etc, but again if you knew anything about Gaga (even just going by the lyrics) you would know its not exactly a kid friendly gig.

I had to be there. But was still a bit shocked by it. I did not really know what to expect to be honest. Im not a fan. There was quite a few kids there . In fact there was more kids there than most o2 gigs. So she knows who she is playing to. I would not say it was unacceptable , but i do think some of it was in bad taste.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

gsxr1 wrote: »
    did not like that show at all.

The whole tranny over dramatic act was odd.

The back up band was woooooofulll.

Not my cup of tea at all. Although I did enjoy her tearing the panda apart.

I found her to be a bit much with her references to "her big dick" to name one. There was a number of young kids(under 8s) there who dont need to hear talk like that. Was uncomfortable and crude.

What did you expect? As has been said.
    It's the parents choice as to whether they hear that or not, as it says on the ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

What did you expect? As has been said.
    It's the parents choice as to whether they hear that or not, as it says on the ticket.

It says this tranny talks about her penis on the tickets?:confused:

Kids that age should be at the tweenies.

Gaga is not an act for Children, Parents need to take responsibility for what their children listen to

It says this tranny talks about her penis on the tickets?:confused:

Parental guidance under a certain age. Parents responsibility to find out why.

gsxr1 wrote: »
    I had to be there. But was still a bit shocked by it. I did not really know what to expect to be honest. Im not a fan. There was quite a few kids there . In fact there was more kids there than most o2 gigs. So she knows who she is playing to. I would not say it was unacceptable , but i do think some of it was in bad taste.

Why had you to be there? Were Yoy accompanying a minor?

efb wrote: »
    Why had you to be there? Were Yoy accompanying a minor?

i work there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I don't think Lady Gaga should dumb down her act just because she plays music which has wide appeal. She's more outspoken than a lot of her contemporaries, but that's one of the reasons why she's a big star at the moment.

I also don't think Gaga is exactly a "family friendly" act and if swearing, sexual innuendo, etc. is going to be of concern to parents then it's their responsibility to find out what they're going to at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I wouldnt call it dumbing it down, its just the whole night became a big gay pride march

The trannies and gay rights speeches, relevant of course at the start, quickly became a dead horse, and she wouldnt put the hammer down!

I think its hilarious though that parents would bring their kids to the gig without knowing what it was in advance

A man brought his 10 y/o son, and when she came out as a slutty nun, he just left "No, thats too much now, cmon..."

How is a dead horse unregged, she is a campaigner not a fly by night publicity seeker.

I enjoyed the fans more than the concert itself. At first impression it all seemed a bit scary. LOL.

Lot of effort went into some of those outfits.

Some very impressive ladies in the crowd wearing very little (at least I hope they where ladies:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

efb wrote: »
    How is a dead horse unregged, she is a campaigner not a fly by night publicity seeker.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flogging_a_dead_horse

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I was there last night. I thought it was brilliant. She put so much effort into the whole show. She didn't just stand there and sing.

I was surprised at the amount of young children there though. But that's up to their parents.

unreggd wrote: »

I know the def darling! As long as I am msrginilized I'll always appreciate people like gaga fighting for my rights!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Maire2009

Why is it always "She shouldn't be at that, the poor children, will someone think of the children?"

She's not Hannah Montana, Lady Gaga is aimed at the 16+ category, mainly 18-24 age group. Her act is very sex orientated, and she speaks out about values. Why should she dumb it down because parents don't bother to check? Why can't something be for adults for once?

There was a girl of about 12ish beside me and she was having a great time, all the sex talk and mention of it went over her head.

Gaga put on a fantastic show and gave full value for money. What you see is exactly what you get with her.

As a gay man I was very pround of Lady Gaga and thats one of the reasons I went to see her. She left me speechless. And we have the same lover... John Jameson.

That dancer was hot and the snog got me going!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

My photos are here if anyone wants a look:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/sets/72157625274118198/

Advertisement