Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Engineering Supplies

Options
  • 20-04-2010 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi All,

This might sound like a stupid question but if i want to buy timber or screws and dont want to get ripped off i go to the builders providers.....

But if i want to buy nuts and bolts, self tappers or steel, box steel etc where do i go???

I know i could go to the usual DIY stores to buy nuts & bolts but i will get ripped off for any big amounts and the selection is terrible also,

I am not trade and its just bits i do myself so i need to somewhere the public can go into,

Any ideas????

Thanks,

Stephen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Most farm machinery dealerships and farm or co/op shops carry the sort of thing you're looking for, and lots of 'proper' motor factors will too.

The country is full of steel yards, look up 'Steel Fabricators' and 'Steel Stockholders' in your Yellow Pages; they'll either have in stock or be able to get pretty much anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ste2006

What would you call a proper motor factors???

Rovi wrote: »
    Most farm machinery dealerships and farm or co/op shops carry the sort of thing you're looking for, and lots of 'proper' motor factors will too.

The country is full of steel yards, look up 'Steel Fabricators' and 'Steel Stockholders' in your Yellow Pages; they'll either have in stock or be able to get pretty much anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

ste2006 wrote: »
    What would you call a proper motor factors???
    The sort of place where the local motor trade go for stuff, often found in industrial estates or in vaguely out-of-the-way locations where they've been in business for decades.

Not Halfords or those places that sell shiny chrome exhaust tips and enormous tape decks (or whatever it is the young people are fitting these days :D).

While I'm here, tool-hire places usually carry lots of nut 'n bolts and the like too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

The nut and bolt company in ballymount, dublin have everything but you would want to be spending over a tenner ( trade counter minimum)

Wurth have a place opposide the red cow, don't know about price though.

Tucks fasteners are in finglas now Unit 10 Century Business Park, St. Margaret's Road, Finglas, Dublin 11.

I am presuming dublin for some unknown reason? so for odd bits of steel try Aluweld on blackhorse avenue, dednt lads would also be able to make stuff for you to drawing very reasonable rates

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ste2006

Thanks for all the advice,

Yes you are correct it is Dublin, Bits and pieces are so tricky to get in Dublin :-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement