Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Atheros Driver Randomly Goes AWOL

Options
  • 20-04-2010 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭patrickk

uninstall wireless driver,and reinstall it failing that wireless card aerials loose or card faulty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cptlongnostrils

I just wrote the most comprehensive guide for you and when i posted it said i was not logged in... AAArrrrgh. its too late to re-write i will do it again 2moro night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 cptlongnostrils

that must be killer.
    sounds like a driver issue.
    Everything i type with ' ' just type without the brackets.
    What version of Xp are you running?
    you can check by going to start menu / run type in 'winver' click ok.
    Sorry if some of this is basic to you - i dont know.. I'm not being lofty - just trying to be thorough, Thanks.

here is a link i found for Xp pro drivers:
    http://www.getpcmemory.com/drivers/download-samsung-nc10-portable-notebook-windows-xp-drivers/

what i recommend though is that you use windows to configure the wireless card. This can only be done when it is actually working, that is when you have a wireless connection in network connections.

go to start /run type in 'cmd' click ok.
    on the new screen just where the cursor is flashing type: 'net start wzcsvc' and press enter. Close the window.

Go to network connections screen. right click wireless connection. left click proprties. there are three tabs- general/wireless/advanced.
    click wireless. select/ put a correction mark in 'use windows to configure my connection' also on the same window you can select 'show windows desktop icon' click apply/ok or whatever.

now right right click again the wireless icon and left click 'view available networks' and re-connect.

That might sort it.

didn't work? still only working sometimes? could just be crappy hardware. yet there are still things to try.

open the command window as you did before.
    type 'netsh' and press enter. on the next line type 'dump' . restart the machine. Any better? no?

open a command window again.
    type: 'netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt' and press enter - nothing much visual happens. restart the machine.

Any better? No?

Are you inadvertantly knocking off the wireless by pressing some of the Fkeys or the on /off wireless switch and not realising it? LOL

If none of the above has helped in any way then i suggest you drop it from a large height or take a hammer to it. You will feel much better :D

best-o-luck :)

[same again-kicked off- tonight but with foresight i copied text before posting- boards- what are you at?]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

• Advertisement
Advertisement