Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delimiting a Levin Bz-g

• 20-04-2010 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

i bought a BZ-G levin a few months ago and its limited to 112mph but i want to know if any one knows how to go about getting it delimited and how much it would cost to get it done right
    thanks...:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

audiA41990 wrote: »
    i bought a BZ-G levin a few months ago and its limited to 112mph but i want to know if any one knows how to go about getting it delimited and how much it would cost to get it done right
    thanks...:confused:

I honestly can't understand why you'd want to go faster than the 180 odd that the limiter kicks in at, if you get caught driving at over that speed you will be off the road before you can say 'sorry milud'.

To answer your question, it's simple enough, check out Club Ae111 the new site for www.ae111.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    I honestly can't understand why you'd want to go faster than the 180 odd that the limiter kicks in at, if you get caught driving at over that speed you will be off the road before you can say 'sorry milud'.

+1

Unless its a track based car your wasting your money

• Registered Users Posts: 36 audiA41990

well i have money and its not that i will be goin faster then that im youung not retarded id just like to have my car at its top spec and id just like to get some info... thanks lads

also would anyone no where i can get an original exsaust system for a BZ-G ae111.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

well i have money and its not that i will be goin faster then that im youung not retarded id just like to have my car at its top spec and id just like to get some info... thanks lads

In that case get a mappable ECU and get value for your money. The limiter goes away and you have scope to get a little more power.

That would be my personal choice. If you just want to de-limit have a look for a http://www.nengun.com/hks/speed-limit-defencer

• Advertisement

The limiter is not doing anything to the performance of your car, merely restricting the top speed. The only place I've hit it in my BZ-R was on the Autobahn.

I know someone breaking a Levin, think he has a standard exhaust.

As Kaiser says the limiter doesn't affect the spec of your car.

For example a Dyno run with the limiter on will be the same as the limiter off

With that in mind spending the money on mods increasing the torque and bhp might be a better idea if the car is a road going car

ya let me no about the exsaust if its not to much hassle mate thanks and as for the delimiter that for the web link i will have to look into it abit more does an automatic transmission make much odds .... have to have the auto for personal reasons unfortunitly.... but not as bad as everyone makes out.

i guess so but and i proberbly will get more mods for bhp and torque but id like to do it right if im goin at it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

i guess so but and i proberbly will get more mods for bhp and torque but id like to do it right if im goin at it...

Apexi rsm is what your after

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info and i am in the process of buying one (shipping) is there any more info that would be of any help or of use to me (eg. fitting)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

Everything you need to know will be in the box like wiring diagrams etc.

She should be good for 140 then.:D:D

thanks chapofDryan the extra bit of power will be nice to have :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Out of curiosity would the Levin BZ-G be able to hit much more than 110mph if it was de-limited? I would of thought they'd of struggled to hit 120 or so?

125 mph I'd guess.

It's hard to say though, if you're nearing the limiter in 6th gear you've still got another 4000 rpms left

well i cant really say about my Bz-G because its automatic and its limited, but iv been in a de-limited automatic one and it was reading 136mph on the digital clock it was modified but i dont think it was to major... cant remember where the revs were but i hope it was of some help to you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I happen to have a stock of SpeedM8 modules which will delimit a Levin AE101 or AE111.

I'll send more info by PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

Its a prison job if you get caught doing that speed or so I've heard.

adamshred wrote: »
    Its a prison job if you get caught doing that speed or so I've heard.

Prison is a bit extreme! Unless he does that speed in a playground. Depending on the guard it could be a few points and a fine up to a court appearance for dangerous driving would be more likely

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

There was a guy jailed for doing 200km/h in an astra iirc I saw that somewhere on this site.

Its something to think about though as it has happened before. Its certainly made me think twice anyway!

• Advertisement

Driving 50% over the limit is classed as dangerous driving AFAIK.
    So driving at over 180KPH on a motorway (120 + 60) would be dangerous driving.

So I imagine prison time would be mandatory for someone going over 200 KPH

as i said above i want to put it in to say i have it not really to use it and if you were stupid enough to go that speed prison would be the least of your worries stayn alive would be a bigger priority... im young not stupid

100mph/160kph + and its an automatic court appearance I think.

With the outcome being 5 points + fine up to a ban + fine

well you have two choices then don't ya

1. don't ****ing do it

2. take down the plates and be a seriously good pilot.......:D

draffodx wrote: »
    100mph/160kph + and its an automatic court appearance I think.

With the outcome being 5 points + fine up to a ban + fine

It depends on the guard, i've heard a guard making a judgment call on a situation, taking into account on weather conditions, traffic etc. To say it's prison time is ridiculious. Obviously some guards will be harder on people than others. There'd be a lotmore court appearances if everyone going over 100/110 had an appearance. There seems to be a bit of high horsing in this thread if nobody has ever done speeds we shouldn't of. We've all done it

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    It depends on the guard, i've heard a guard making a judgment call on a situation, taking into account on weather conditions, traffic etc. To say it's prison time is ridiculious. Obviously some guards will be harder on people than others. There'd be a lotmore court appearances if everyone going over 100/110 had an appearance. There seems to be a bit of high horsing in this thread if nobody has ever done speeds we shouldn't of. We've all done it

Agreed, you'd hope a Garda would only send you to court if you were doing something extremely dangerous like weaving in and out of traffic at high speed.

There was one case of some lad being sent to jail for excessive speeding I think, the judge was/is completely anti motorist and the poor lad got jail time for speeding which is outrageous really.

Not sure if it was in this country though

Just to add to my previous post, I'm talking about motorway driving, obviously driving 120 mph through a main street is prettay serious

i dont mean to change the subject here but can we get back to how to make my car faster and things PLEASE....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Been said here before but Apexi RSM is agreat way to delimit the car.

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity would the Levin BZ-G be able to hit much more than 110mph if it was de-limited? I would of thought they'd of struggled to hit 120 or so?

Well the blacktop engine would be on par with the likes of a Civic VTi/SiR. My mates old VTi was capable of 138mph so dont see why the Levin shouldnt reach the same target.

i agree they should be good for at least 130 and iv got an rsm its just of when i can get the opratunity to fit it now.............

i dont mean to change the subject here but can we get back to how to make my car faster and things PLEASE....

As I said before, register on http://clubae111.com and you'll find tonnes of info.

Don't post without reading some of the old posts though, because you'll just be asked to do a search if it's a common topic!

Testament1 wrote: »
    Well the blacktop engine would be on par with the likes of a Civic VTi/SiR. My mates old VTi was capable of 138mph so dont see why the Levin shouldnt reach the same target.

Tbh I'd belive that when I see it. I know on paper a Teg R will top out at 145, there's no way a standard VTi would get to 140, isn't the levin bzg about 130 bhp? I would of thought the bzr would be on par with a vti, an sir I'd of thought would be quicker again

Tbh I'd belive that when I see it. I know on paper a Teg R will top out at 145, there's no way a standard VTi would get to 140, isn't the levin bzg about 130 bhp? I would of thought the bzr would be on par with a vti, an sir I'd of thought would be quicker again

BZ-G has the same blacktop engine as the BZ-R so you're lookin at between 150-165bhp depending on the health of the engine. Only difference in BZ-G's and BZ-R's is things like BZ-G's were 5 speed, BZ-R's were 6 speed, BZ-R came with SuperStrut and a LSD as standard, most BZ-G's came with MacPherson strut etc. But pretty much everything that was standard on the BZ-R was optional on the BZ-G so if you got the top spec on a BZ-G then it was basically a BZ-R in all but name.
    As for my mates Civic VTi, he was doin up on 135mph in it one day when I was in the car with him so those speeds are achievable!

BlackTop Levins have 165bhp as standard. The blue/silver tops have slightly less but I'm not sure of the actual rating.

Sir's have little to no difference when run over here to Vti's, they only have 10bhp more to begin with and lose some of that when run on our petrol.

• Advertisement

The blue/silver tops have slightly less but I'm not sure of the actual rating.

Silvertops are around 155bhp from the factory as far as I know. I'm open to correction on it though.

BlackTop Levins have 165bhp as standard. The blue/silver tops have slightly less but I'm not sure of the actual rating.

Sir's have little to no difference when run over here to Vti's, they only have 10bhp more to begin with and lose some of that when run on our petrol.

I can see where you're coming from alright but the JDM cars are faster than UKDM, I know that first hand!
    Silvertops are around 155bhp from the factory as far as I know. I'm open to correction on it though.

My bad so! A friend of mine had a bzr and had it dyno'd twice, once by martin tracey and it read out 170 bhp, once by urban performance and it read 135 bhp. It was a quick car but I wouldn't of thought it would hit those speeds, must of been mistaken!

I can see where you're coming from alright but the JDM cars are faster than UKDM, I know that first hand!

My bad so! A friend of mine had a bzr and had it dyno'd twice, once by martin tracey and it read out 170 bhp, once by urban performance and it read 135 bhp. It was a quick car but I wouldn't of thought it would hit those speeds, must of been mistaken!

You sure it wasnt readin 135 at the front wheels? As opposed to the 170bhp at the fly?

You sure it wasnt readin 135 at the front wheels? As opposed to the 170bhp at the fly?
    At the fly, I have a UKDM Teg R and I got 170 on Urban's dyno and I thought the Teg had a lot more poke than the Levin

I would have thought you' be gettin a reading much closer to 198bhp! Surely there cant be that much difference between the Jap and UK Teg R's??

• Advertisement

I would have thought you' be gettin a reading much closer to 198bhp! Surely there cant be that much difference between the Jap and UK Teg R's??

197bhp for the Jdm, 187bhp for the UK (from the factory)

A lot of dyno's out there can be generous with their figures

Draffo's dead right, alot of tuning places seem to make up their figures, they probably do some work on the car, then give really generous figures on the dyno to make it look as if they've turned the car into some kind of supercar!!!

Urban's Dyno is known as a ball buster but it is one of those dyno dynamics ones which apparently is going to become the industry standard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

Dyno operators have the ability to fudge figures. But a dyno figure needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Its value is not in "car has 900bhp", Its value is more i did x and power increased over the baseline run. That and very valuable boost V power, Air fuel ratios, Torque and power curves which tell you straight away if your cars behaving itself.

Ogh and the ability to hold load points while mapping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

I'd always go to TDP for any dyno runs. They are spot on :D

Flyer1 wrote: »
    I'd always go to TDP for any dyno runs. They are spot on :D

Where are they based?

needs a levin front badge and a full original exsaust system for a Bz-g

pref - in west of ireland

cash waiting

****ing NCT :mad:

Where are they based?

Wicklow, I think, could be completely wrong though

cash waiting

Try Adverts.ie

cash waiting

What did they say about the exhaust? I'll be putting my original one on this weekend for the NCT in June. And you need a front badge?!

What did they say about the exhaust? I'll be putting my original one on this weekend for the NCT in June. And you need a front badge?!

get it dyno'd with the original on to see whats the difference! :)

get it dyno'd with the original on to see whats the difference! :)

I would but I don't have long left in work so I gotta be careful with the money! I'm just glad I didn't sell the backbox that time!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement