Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have, have, need, need, have.

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Are Brazil rare or something, or is just my luck? Im finished most teams, and those I havent finished are only 1/2 away from completion, except Brazil who I still need 5 of. I only remember getting 1 double too and that was Kaka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭gibson

some players on brazil seem to be a bit rare, only seen Adriano once and Kaka twice

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Hi lads,

I see many of you are havining trouble swapping the real stickers and I have had an idea. If you guys wish you can send your swaps to me and i will sort through them and match whatever you need.

You can pm me for the address and ill let you know what to do. This doesn't cost by the way

kakee wrote: »
    Hi lads,

I see many of you are havining trouble swapping the real stickers and I have had an idea. If you guys wish you can send your swaps to me and i will sort through them and match whatever you need.

You can pm me for the address and ill let you know what to do. This doesn't cost by the way

does sound dodgy though lol no offence ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Hi lads,

Wallet Inspector....classic!

does sound dodgy though lol no offence

Ah no it was just an idea. I keep reading here about guys having stickers and nobody to swap with. My idea was if say you had 20 stickers to swap you could post them to me. You would include a list of about 20 or 30 you would like and a stamped self addressed envelope. I would then send you back 20 that you need. That is the theory, if it would work is another thing.

Ah no it was just an idea. I keep reading here about guys having stickers and nobody to swap with. My idea was if say you had 20 stickers to swap you could post them to me. You would include a list of about 20 or 30 you would like and a stamped self addressed envelope. I would then send you back 20 that you need. That is the theory, if it would work is another thing.

thats a slightly better way of putting it!!

thats a slightly better way of putting it!

Sorry lads, its late. If enough people sent their stickers it should work out ok for everyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

gibson wrote: »
    sent you a pm

Yeah cheers, not going to join though as I read you enter a competition if you finish it outside of a group so its been what I wanted all along. Thanks though.

ANNNNNNNND finished. Very anti climatic though I wanted a ticker tape a world cup a congratulations Reg trophy :( Ah well finito :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

44% done
    21 Swaps

online book :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Archimedes wrote: »
    Are Brazil rare or something, or is just my luck? Im finished most teams, and those I havent finished are only 1/2 away from completion, except Brazil who I still need 5 of. I only remember getting 1 double too and that was Kaka.

Yeah they must be. I'm finished every other team except france(from which i only need
    henry
    :D) but I still need like 4 from Brazil. And Kaka is the only Brazilian I ever seem to get in the packets.

Decided to have a go at the real one as well as the online one. Didnt realise the online one has less players to collect :mad: they should've done the full squad like in the real version.

Went into a centra but all the stickers they had were some other sticker album, not even sure if it was World Cup, there seemed to be 3 different types but no Panini :confused: are they hard to get in newsagents or something! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Decided to have a go at the real one as well as the online one. Didnt realise the online one has less players to collect :mad: they should've done the full squad like in the real version.

Went into a centra but all the stickers they had were some other sticker album, not even sure if it was World Cup, there seemed to be 3 different types but no Panini :confused: are they hard to get in newsagents or something! :eek:

I've had no problem getting them in any Centra, the on beside me is even giving the album away free now when you buy a pack of stickers.

Frisbee wrote: »
    I've had no problem getting them in any Centra, the on beside me is even giving the album away free now when you buy a pack of stickers.

someone actually gave me the album so that was part one done... i also had Drogba, Ferdinand and Pieenar as starter stickers :D only 3 so a lllloooonnnnggg
    way to go lol

Yeah Drogba, Torres, Masch, Pienaar, Ferdinand and Essein all come with the album. Which is really annoying when you get one of them in a pack as there's no-one to swap with as everyone has them..

Yeah Drogba, Torres, Masch, Pienaar, Ferdinand and Essein all come with the album. Which is really annoying when you get one of them in a pack as there's no-one to swap with as everyone has them..

WHAT! damn it i was ripped off!!!! I only got Drogba, Pienaar, Ferdinand and Essien now that i think of it....no Torres and Mascherano :mad:

playa3 wrote: »
    Yeah they must be. I'm finished every other team except france(from which i only need
    henry
    :D) but I still need like 4 from Brazil. And Kaka is the only Brazilian I ever seem to get in the packets.

If you've got Julio Cesar I'll swap you the spoiler you're looking for :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

someone actually gave me the album so that was part one done... i also had Drogba, Ferdinand and Pieenar as starter stickers :D only 3 so a lllloooonnnnggg
    way to go lol

Your right about one thing...a long way to go..think i have around 300 stickers now and have started swapping with lads on boards via post..its the only way to get rid of swaps :D

• Advertisement

hitman79 wrote: »
    Your right about one thing...a long way to go..think i have around 300 stickers now and have started swapping with lads on boards via post..its the only way to get rid of swaps :D

have you been buying all these is newsagents or did you send away for some?

how much does each packet cost?

how much does each packet cost?

I've seen it range from 57c to 80c

Well Ive a hell of a way to go since I only started so ill buy anyones swaps that they really dont want or dont need to swap :D

where were people buying the sticker album in the first place if it didnt come free? i read somewhere you got the album and 3 packs free?

Stickers are costing me beween 60c and 80c. When i see them for 60c i buy about 10 packs :mad: No point in buying stickers off people yet Gibson..Wait til you have swaps and then swap them. Think i've got rid of over 40 swaps in the last 2 days :D

Stickers are costing me beween 60c and 80c. When i see them for 60c i buy about 10 packs :mad: No point in buying stickers off people yet Gibson..Wait til you have swaps and then swap them. Think i've got rid of over 40 swaps in the last 2 days :D

true but it was also a way of avoiding the inevitable embarrassment of buying them in the newsagent :D

true but it was also a way of avoiding the inevitable embarrassment of buying them in the newsagent :D

Just dont go to the local newsagent :D Or if you do wear a cap and go when its quiet :D

• Advertisement

Meh, I was thinking this the first time I went in, reckoning it was going to be embarrassing. But fúck it tbf, I decided I didn't really care what the bloke working in Centra thought of me.

Meh, I was thinking this the first time I went in, reckoning it was going to be embarrassing. But fúck it tbf, I decided I didn't really care what the bloke working in Centra thought of me.

I have the "im getting them for my nephew" line just incase someone i know ends up behind me in the q :D How many stickers you got frisbee?

I have the "im getting them for my nephew" line just incase someone i know ends up behind me in the q :D How many stickers you got frisbee?

Haven't counted, probably about 75? And 24 swaps.

Haven't counted, probably about 75? And 24 swaps.

Ouch sounds like a lot of swaps already...think i got about 60 swaps with about 300 in the album but have posted out a few swaps today. You could end up with 100's of swaps trying to finish it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

So there's 640 stickers and 5 per pack, that's 128 packets minimum to fill the album. Fook, that's a fair bit. I'd want to buy that many packets straight off and then try swapping :D

• Advertisement

L'prof wrote: »
    So there's 640 stickers and 5 per pack, that's 128 packets minimum to fill the album. Fook, that's a fair bit. I'd want to buy that many packets straight off and then try swapping :D

Jaysus that works out at a minumum of 90 euro to finish the album :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Jaysus that works out at a minumum of €90 to finish the album :(

Yeah, it really matters how cheap you can get the stickers for so!

L'prof wrote: »
    Yeah, it really matters how cheap you can get the stickers for so!

Around 70c is the average price...anyone knows where i can get them much cheaper let me know and i'll buy in bulk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Lads anyone know where i can buy the sticker book??

Ouch sounds like a lot of swaps already...think i got about 60 swaps with about 300 in the album but have posted out a few swaps today. You could end up with 100's of swaps trying to finish it :(

Yeah true, there's about 6 of us doing it though so we can swap about a bit and if someone needs something to finish it out and someone has it I don't think there will be huge arguments over them giving it to them.

only1stevo wrote: »
    Lads anyone know where i can buy the sticker book??

See Frisbee's post on page 18 about some newsagent giving it away free.

Centra in Templeogue village gave me a free book when I bought a few packs last Friday.

Well Im fully into now bought an album and 26 packs in Easons in town :D packs are 67cent by the way, 2 cent cheaper than my local newsagent lol

going to enjoy the sun then open all 26, its like being 12 over all over again :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

If anyone is interested in swapping please PM me with the stickers you have to swap. I pm back mine.
    Have swapped with two guys from boards and makes a big difference to the book!! :)

Cant beat having 8 packs to open and 22 swaps after arriving in the post from a fellow boardsie :D

Pity the 8 packs contained 15 swaps but still have around 350 stickers in the album!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

just got Walcott :D

lads anyone willing to swap? Ive got these to swap

lads anyone willing to swap? Ive got these to swap

Should we set up a tread where everyone lists their swaps? I've swapped 50 stickers via post with fellow boards users in the last few days and its the best way of filling the album quickly imo :D

Should we set up a tread where everyone lists their swaps? I've swapped 50 stickers via post with fellow boards users in the last few days and its the best way of filling the album quickly imo :D

good idea!

do you need any of the ones i listed by any chance!? :D

good idea!

do you need any of the ones i listed by any chance!? :D

Ok i set up a new page just to be used for swapping...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66226316#post66226316

Advertisement