Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do for kids in Dublin

Options
  • 20-04-2010 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am taking 6 weeks parental leave over the summer and unfortunately I will have to spend that time with my kids :D. I am looking for suggestions for activites to do/places to go etc. Since parental leave is unpaid, the cheaper/free-er the better. I am close to the DART line and have a car, so anything within a 20-ish mile radius of Dublin 4 is interesting.

One thing they were asking me is if there are any climbing walls for kids around? I have had a cursory look, but I didn't see anything...

All suggestions gratefully accepted

Thanks
    Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 emZie

If you go to www.dlrevents.ie They list all the council events that are on in the dun laoghaire/rathdown area. They have "Movies in the Park" and the "Teddy Bear's Picnic" and things like that, they really are brilliant! Hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Climbing wall locations:
    http://www.indoorclimbing.com/ireland.html

Also check out the ENRG Playcentre which also has a climbing wall:
    http://www.fundays.ie/details.asp?FunEvent=-273812424

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 tubby trucker

We (my wife and i) took our nephew and niece to Fort Lucan last weekend. They had a brilliant time. they ran themseleves ragged. I think it was 9.50 for children and 3.50 for adults. The childrens ticket includes the water slide or crazy golf. The place was fairly busy and everyone there seemed to really enjoy it. They also enjoyed a trip out to Trim castle, which isn't all that far away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Might be worth your while searching this forum too.

St. Annes Park in Raheny, Newgrove House in Donabate, Malahide Castle and Ardgillan Castle are all worth a look.
    There's free workshops in Ashtown Castle in Phoenix park on Sunday mornings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭tskk

I have 2 kids and have only realised that they like the things that are free! A day on the beach with a picnic, bucket & spade. The park with a picnic. The playground with a picnic. The food is very important and they seem to eat more it they are outdoors.

If its raining! there is ice-skating, bowling, indoor playgrounds. There is quite alot to do but outdoors seems to keep them happy and tired!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭The Fool

Gaspode wrote: »
    Might be worth your while searching this forum too.

St. Annes Park in Raheny, Newgrove House in Donabate, Malahide Castle and Ardgillan Castle are all worth a look.
    There's free workshops in Ashtown Castle in Phoenix park on Sunday mornings too.

Along with St Annes and Malahide on the dart line is the new park in Clongriffin.
    Dart station opened this week. 2 Playgrounds and a skateboard park. Also has picnic tables beside both playgrounds.

Also worth keeping an eye out for events in Farmleigh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

tskk wrote: »
    A day on the beach with a picnic, bucket & spade. The park with a picnic.

and a kite! there's nearly always wind on a beach, and no trees to get tangled in.

There's an echo gate somewhere near Trim, which was great fun. Shout and the echo comes back to you.

Tara - running up and down the hills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You could grab a DART to Howth. Lots of things to amuse them around the harbour - seals, boats, playground, icecream cones. There's also a little beach beyond the east side of the harbour at Balscadden. It's safe to swim (unlike the one beside the DART station) and there's lots of rocks and pools for them to explore. DO NOT drive out at the weekend if the weather is any good as it can take an hour for the last few miles.

There's also a load of places doing €20.10 meal deals for things like meals for 2 kids and 1 adult (or something like that).

Advertisement