Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Articles on stammering

Options
  • 20-04-2010 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

This thread can be used to link articles on stammering i.e. newspapers, newsletters etc...

I'm going to start by sharing this article that is in the Irish Times today. You can view it here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 floyd79

This is an article I wrote on my blog a few months ago about living with a stammer. I got a lot of positive responses so when i saw this thread I decided to share it.

http://tomredsrhetoric.blogspot.com/2010/03/talk-about-stammering-talk-about-life.html

Hope it can be enjoyed.

Cheers,
    Der

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

floyd79 wrote: »
    This is an article I wrote on my blog a few months ago about living with a stammer. I got a lot of positive responses so when i saw this thread I decided to share it.

http://tomredsrhetoric.blogspot.com/2010/03/talk-about-stammering-talk-about-life.html

Hope it can be enjoyed.

Cheers,
    Der

Thanks for sharing that link. I can definetly relate to what you said in the blog and your description of stammering is very good. Would you mind if I Tweeted that link in my Twitter account?

Thanks very much. Yeah i'd be more than happy for you do that.
    Go ahead!I'm not on twitter myself so you might let me know what kind of responses it gets. I'd like to be as involved as I can in discussions on stammering. It's something that's not talked about enough.

Cheers,
    Der

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭bohsboy

Excellent article. I really enjoyed it and found it interesting that you decided to change to being an overt stammerer. Id say that was tough!

bohsboy wrote: »
    Excellent article. I really enjoyed it and found it interesting that you decided to change to being an overt stammerer. Id say that was tough!

Thanks a lot. Indeed it was and continues to be very tough being overt with stammering. The line between overt and covert can be very thin though. Sometimes covert behaviors are so ingrained that it takes a long time to undo them. Hence, I cannot say that i am completely overt. It's just something I continue to work toward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sadie9

Some recordings of some of the topics at the 2010 National Stuttering Association's (USA) annual conference, from Stuttertalk.

I always find it inspiring to hear real live people who stutter discussing this topic. As a covert stutterer, I'm still in awe of people not afraid to hide their stutters in public!

http://stuttertalk.com/2010/07/11/stuttering-NSA2010Shows.aspx

Advertisement