If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Philips 8404 Net Tv Question - How to zoom

Options
  • 20-04-2010 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hi,

I connected my new tv to the internet and was surprised at how well it works - I'd thought just web widgets would work and that it didn't have a full browser.

So, great to discover that it does have a standard browser (no flash tho).

Just wondering does anyone who has this tv know how to zoom in / out of a page you're browsing? I presume it's possible......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi ZB

when in NET TV and on the page you want to view press TELETEXT button and sellect zoom page and you can use the cursor keys to increase decrease the size of the page.

Sorted!
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

Cheers Ashley,

I'll try that so :-)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi ZB

when in NET TV and on the page you want to view press TELETEXT button and sellect zoom page and you can use the cursor keys to increase decrease the size of the page.

Sorted!
    Ash

Zaph,

for gods sake E V E R Y O N E knows that (jeez :confused::confused: even I did not know that! Talk about obtuse instructions!)

Anyway Zaph envoy the 84 - it's the dogs dangley bits isnt it?

ATB,

john Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

It is indeed the cats' pyjamas!

All I need to do know is figure out how to setup a wireless bridge so that I can put my second wireless router behind the tv, connect to both the tv and br player and have it connect to my other wireless router (the one that's connected to the phone line / broadband) and I'll be happy as a pig in poo....

Proving tricky though - but not a TV / Richer issue. I'll keep going - should get it sorted soon.

:-)

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    It is indeed the cats' pyjamas!

All I need to do know is figure out how to setup a wireless bridge so that I can put my second wireless router behind the tv, connect to both the tv and br player and have it connect to my other wireless router (the one that's connected to the phone line / broadband) and I'll be happy as a pig in poo....

Proving tricky though - but not a TV / Richer issue. I'll keep going - should get it sorted soon.

:-)

Zaph,

Thanks for the reply and we are always here to help you!

Either Dave who is our IT guy or Ash will be happy to help you configure your bridge ( I'm in the same situation myself as I have to set up a bridge to get my Humax HDR working properly!) if you want an easy option - some Boardies have suggested a internet over mains option (we have used them in the Philips shop ourselves) like these.

They are really fast and I'm sure you can source them cheaply if you have a good hunt!

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭pauld

Just to add. I am using the internet over mains solution with my 8404 and it works an absolute treat!! I got mine from ebuyers I spotted it on the bargain alerts forum two weeks ago, sorry I do not know how to link to it! It cos me €44 delivery and the best bit was there is not set up!! Just plug one into your router and the other into the tv and away you go!! If using ebuyer you have to use a google checkout account to order as ebuyer dont deliver to ROI whne paying them direct.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.