Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Connemara to Galway (maybe)

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

littlebug wrote: »
    I know I had great intentions of not running on the treadmill so much but I was NOT going out in that!
    1 mile slow warm up... 11 something then I decided to push it a bit and over the next mile upped the paces from 6.5 mph to 7.3 finishing the mile in 9 mins and slowed down again for the third (9.30).

I followed this with week 3, day 1 of twohundredsitups ie reps of 18, 25, 19,19, 25 with 1 minute rest in between, then 3 reps of 10 pathetic attempts at pushups.
    20 mins on the exercise bike, 5 easy, 10 hard, 5 easy.
    A good workout overall :)

nice going LB, definitely a very good workout.

I'm going to introduce some core training to my schedule as well, my coach reckons it should help (sure it can't hurt, much :rolleyes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Bike-run-walk-run-walk-bike

Today was about getting out on the bike again for the first time in months, and seeing how I would feel running off the bike and biking after run. My last effort at this was painful! So.. no pressure.. slow all the way.
    3.5 mile bike... took it easy but still found it hard. Parked the bike up behind a wall at the school having forgotten the lock key:rolleyes: and straight into the run. First 3 miles 10/ 9.20/ 9.15... hang on what was I saying about taking it easy?! :( Copped myself on and walked the next mile and ran the 5th (9.30). My knee started niggling a bit at that point so the last mile was mostly walked (knee preservation and also to make sure I'd be able to cycle home). Back on the bike 3.5 miles home.
    I found the bike hard to be honest despite taking it slow. I suppose that's what training is about!

I've been home 40 minutes now and I'm still shivering! Need more coffee.

Just posting to shame myself into getting off my lazy a$$ tomorrow. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭Emer911

will it work?

Emer911 wrote: »
    will it work?

yes... yes it will! :D (maybe:o).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Just posting to shame myself into getting off my lazy a$$ tomorrow. :o

You're probably still out running now having left the house at 7am this morning...I look forward to the report! ;)

claralara wrote: »
    You're probably still out running now having left the house at 7am this morning...I look forward to the report! ;)

Phew that was a long run :o:rolleyes:

It just isn't happening. I've been ridiculously busy workwise and on top of that I have a new madra that has been taking up all my time! I look forward to being able to take her for runs but she's not ready for that just yet. The rest of this week continues just as busy and I'm away for the weekend so I'm just going to write it off, not feel any guilt and start back at it next Monday... 4 weeks to Athenry. I'll probably be back to walk/ run :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Here's some slack I cut for you recently....

You've trained for and completed several half marathons and the DCM. You have a job, family commitments, and numerous other demands for your time.

Don't feel under any pressure to get out running. Run when it suits you. You have built up a good deal of endurance from your training. That won't disappear overnight.

Remember, you used to enjoy running. Find that enjoyment again. The little pooper, sorry, madra will be great company in time.

You have earned the right to take it easy. Do it....

Well after a crazy few weeks I'm finally back on that horse treadmill. 4 miles, 11/10/10/10. Hopefully the weekend will bring a thaw and I'll get back outside again. It's good to be back (and no walk breaks required :rolleyes:). I don't know if a pb is on the cards in Athenry in 3 weeks and 4 days :eek: given the long break but I'll see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

Well after a crazy few weeks I'm finally back on that horse treadmill. 4 miles, 11/10/10/10. Hopefully the weekend will bring a thaw and I'll get back outside again. It's good to be back (and no walk breaks required :rolleyes:). I don't know if a pb is on the cards in Athenry in 3 weeks and 4 days :eek: given the long break but I'll see how it goes.

Hi LB, good to see you back out (in :D ) there!
    I have to love your optomism about the weekend bringing a thaw, unless your planning on a wkend break to Spain, I think your going to be sorely dissapointed :rolleyes:

I'm just hoping the Fields won't have to be postponed again this year :eek:

• Advertisement

I was limited to half an hour on the treadmill this evening.

3 miles.
    1 warm up 11 mm then intervals 4 x .2m @7.4 mph with recovery .3 @ 6mph.
    Cobwebs officially dusted off...

Advertisement