If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50"+ TV Wanted

Options
  • 20-04-2010 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hi John & crew,
    Firstly, just wanted thank you for helping me out with the small TV I was looking for a few weeks ago here. My mate took a trip to the shop in Belfast and purchased a 19" Samsung Syncmaster & he's very happy with it.

Now, onto bigger things! :)

I need a 50"+ TV on a budget. This'll be primarly used in my office hooked up to a computer for presentations etc. but it also needs to have a TV tuner so we can watch the world cup this summer! ;)

So bascially I need the biggest, decent brand TV you can get me for the least price. Anything from LG, Philips, Samsung, Sony etc.

Only requirements are:
    - VGA port for TV
    - TV Tuner
    - 50"+

I'll also need a mount so I can put this bad boy on the wall!

Price should included delivery to city center in Dublin and price including & excluding VAT.

Cheers
    Garion

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

garion wrote: »
    Hi John & crew,
    Firstly, just wanted thank you for helping me out with the small TV I was looking for a few weeks ago here. My mate took a trip to the shop in Belfast and purchased a 19" Samsung Syncmaster & he's very happy with it.

No Problem - Thanks you for the Biz - it's much appreciated!
    Now, onto bigger things! :)

I need a 50"+ TV on a budget. This'll be primarly used in my office hooked up to a computer for presentations etc. but it also needs to have a TV tuner so we can watch the world cup this summer! ;)

So bascially I need the biggest, decent brand TV you can get me for the least price. Anything from LG, Philips, Samsung, Sony etc.

Only requirements are:
    - VGA port for TV
    - TV Tuner
    - 50"+

I'll also need a mount so I can put this bad boy on the wall!

Price should included delivery to city center in Dublin and price including & excluding VAT.

Cheers
    Garion

Ok if it was me I would only look at one model if you wanted to do it:

On a reasonable budget
    Needed a TV Tuner (including MPEG4)
    Needed something B I G
    And most off all wanted an excellent TV that looks Damn sexy!

I would go for the LG 50PQ6000 which is one of my favourite large screen TV's - great movement processing and really excellent blacks (well it IS a Plamsa dear boy...;))

I can do the 50PQ6000 at just £599.95 / €699.99 delivered!

The 6000's are in stock ready to ship!

If that one does not grab your fancy just drop me a mail and I'll do my best to sniff you out some more options..

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

Thanks for getting back to me John.
    That TV looks great. Read a very positive review of the 42" on Cnet (here).

We need to put this on a wall but we're undecided whether it should be flat to the wall or on an extendable arm. Do you have two different mounts and if so can you give me a price for each of them?

Also, am I right in saying the 5 year warranty is 10% on top?

Thanks again
    Garion

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks for getting back to me John.
    That TV looks great. Read a very positive review of the 42" on Cnet (here).

We need to put this on a wall but we're undecided whether it should be flat to the wall or on an extendable arm. Do you have two different mounts and if so can you give me a price for each of them?

Also, am I right in saying the 5 year warranty is 10% on top?

Thanks again
    Garion

Gar,

thanks again for the post and honestly that 6000 Plasma series from LG is really beautiful - however one thing I would not do is put the 50" on an extendable arm unless you had a seriously heavy duty wall as the 50PQ6000 is an old product - built properly and it weighs a ton.

However if you have a decent wall and soneone brave enough to fit it I would recommend THIS bracket which I can do Brand new boxed at £249.95 (again it's a serious bit of kit) - if you opt for the sensible option - ie flat to the wall I would recommend the Pixel 3260 bracket at £59.95

If purchased at the same time as the TV we can include these at the same shipping price.

Thanks again and what you actually need now is a Freesat HD tuner so you can watch the world cup in work in HD! (just a mere £99.95 extra ;))

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks for the info John. Will put it to the bosses here in the office and see if they want to proceed.

Cheers
    Garion

Hi John,
    I tried to call you earlier but no reply. Dropped you an email instead. Here's the details anyway incase you see this first!

I’ve been given the go ahead from the boss here to put the order in for the LG50PQ6000.

Couple of very quick questions before I do:

1. What is the all in price EX VAT for the TV, Pixel 3260 wall mount and 5 year guarantee?

2. The wall the TV is going on seems to be plaster board. Should it mount OK if we use plasterboard screws (like these) or will we need to screw it into the studs?

3. We’ve an upcoming demo at the end of next week so we need the TV delivered as early as possible next week. Is there any problem with that?

If you can get back to me on this as soon as possible I’ll put the order in with you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

hi Garion,

I can answer number 2 for sure - and it's a big big NO :)

Those plasterboard screws won't even hold up the tv mount never mind the tv.
    Even securing that tv onto studs would be questionable.

I would have some-one look at the wall - and even open it up somewhat to see what way it's built.
    Even to open up a 2 foot square section behind the tv at add in extra supports and possibly some sheet ply to take the tv mount.

some stud walls are just frames built and then nailed top and bottom - as they are non-supporting and act as a partition. Be careful about mounting a large heavy tv like this.

just my 2c worth

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭Kashkai

karltimber wrote: »
    hi Garion,

I can answer number 2 for sure - and it's a big big NO :)

Those plasterboard screws won't even hold up the tv mount never mind the tv.
    Even securing that tv onto studs would be questionable.

I would have some-one look at the wall - and even open it up somewhat to see what way it's built.
    Even to open up a 2 foot square section behind the tv at add in extra supports and possibly some sheet ply to take the tv mount.

some stud walls are just frames built and then nailed top and bottom - as they are non-supporting and act as a partition. Be careful about mounting a large heavy tv like this.

just my 2c worth

K

Agree completely with this. We had to hang a large 50 inch plasma in a conference room in my last job and the stud partition wall had to be taken apart and reinforced to take the weight of the plasma. Failure to do this would result in a broken tv and a huge hole in the wall!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

I can do the 50PQ6000 at just £599.95 / €699.99 delivered!

The 6000's are in stock ready to ship!

If that one does not grab your fancy just drop me a mail and I'll do my best to sniff you out some more options..

ATB,

John Mc

John,

Is this deal still available @€;699 delivered?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.