Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Year's Gigs

Options
  • 20-04-2010 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭

just had a thought there with all the amazing metal gigs happening this year ,do ye think they will stay safe and not be interupted by this volcano lark ..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Well - I'm confident it will all sort itself out.......

but - next gig I'm hitting is Bolt Thrower on May 2nd, and if there's still a problem then I'll be really worried, as I've Kiss on the 7th May and then Metallica on 11th May in Belfast.......then I'm supposed to be on holidays on the 13th - so will just keep the fingers crossed.....

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

NIBBS wrote: »
    Well - I'm confident it will all sort itself out.......

but - next gig I'm hitting is Bolt Thrower on May 2nd, and if there's still a problem then I'll be really worried, as I've Kiss on the 7th May and then Metallica on 11th May in Belfast.......then I'm supposed to be on holidays on the 13th - so will just keep the fingers crossed.....

me too bolt throwers my next ,then pro pain ,then kiss .and all booked to go see slayer in birmingham too on the 29 of may so i hope its sorted .if not ill be gettin on a boat not missing that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Desecration are playing this Saturday in Fibbers. They're from Wales so hopefully they'll just get the oul ferry over!

I'm sure (hoping) the weather will break or that effin' volcano will stop spewing in time for Iron Maiden and the like!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

The next gig I'm going to is the Dropkick Murphys in Cork. I don't have to travel too far to go to the gig and since I haven't heard about their gig in Belfast tonight being cancelled, I'm confident it'll be on.

Air travel will be back to normal in a week or two anyway so I don't think Eyjafjallajökull will have too much of an effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Just read an interview with Kirk Hammett. Metallica are bussing it around Europe just now due to the flight cancellations so that tour seems to be continuing okay.

This is the first time since the accident that killed Cliff that the band have travelled in a bus (according to Kirk)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

Just read an interview with Kirk Hammett. Metallica are bussing it around Europe just now due to the flight cancellations so that tour seems to be continuing okay.

This is the first time since the accident that killed Cliff that the band have travelled in a bus (according to Kirk)

metalica in a tour bus !!! thought id never see the day :p

Advertisement