Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estate agent wants to see our house

Options
  • 20-04-2010 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I got the keys to my new house last week and am in the process of moving, however the estate agent fromt the new house called my partner yesterday and said he forgot to get copies of our passport if we could send them on which is no problem at all however he also said he needs to come down and have a look at our old house and that he was onto our old landlord and he said it was fine once we still had the keys is this normal?

i have never heard of this before and while we have nothing to hide we are in the process of packing all our stuff so our old house is a mess and i dont really want him coming in when its like that i got my partner to tell him to come down on friday as i am off wrok friday and we should be more organised by then but he said he'l be down tonight!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

You have the keys already? Have you signed the lease?

If so, there's no plausible reason to give in to EA's ridiculous request.

If you haven't signed the lease then I'd still be inclined to say no, it's a ridiculous request, and you can tell them so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I would not agree to that either, especially as you have given a day when does suit you, so he is really pushing the boat not to adhere to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sounds very odd; is he the agent for your old house as well, or is the old landlord changing to that agency?

Even so he has no right to enter like that; period.

If he needs to inspect then that is after you have left surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

quozl wrote: »
    You have the keys already? Have you signed the lease?

If so, there's no plausible reason to give in to EA's ridiculous request.

If you haven't signed the lease then I'd still be inclined to say no, it's a ridiculous request, and you can tell them so.

A big +1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Jenn15

Thanks for the replies i taught it was strange alrite!!

We have signed lease for new house and got keys on Saturday why would he want to check our old house after this!!

He asked our landlord first and the landlord said once we still have the keys its ok with him so its defo nothing got to do with the landlord possibly wanting to use the ea to let the house out after us as that would be all done once we leave!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

LOL. Great, so you have the keys and have signed the lease.

Tell him to piss off!

Honestly, does the EA come across in conversation as a bit touched in the head?

Advertisement