Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some directions please.

Options
  • 20-04-2010 11:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks , I am heading to Dublin on Thursday and would appreciate abit of help.

I will be arriving in Heuston Station in the morning @ 8am ( was going to drive but can only imagine it is chaos in the mornings ) and need to be at Merrion Square for 9.00am .

As I am a culchie who only gets up to the big smoke now and again , can someone be so kind as to advise me the route from Heuston to Merrion Square , don't want to get a taxi and find that I could have walked it in a few minutes. I have looked at maps and well I am useless :o

Also have a few hours to kill in the evening , any one recommend something to pass this time.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

You could get the Luas to Mayor Square or Spencer Dock. Then have a nice walk over the new Samuel Beckett Bridge, then take a right over the bridge, turn left up Lime Street and keep walking straight til you hit Merrion Square. I'm not sure how long the Luas takes, I never get it, but the walk once you get off will be about 10-15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,423 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Note that the square is big enough. Number 1 us at Merrion Street / Clare Street (extension of Nassau Street) and goes clockwise (looking down on a plan) to about number 90 at Merrion Street Upper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Thanks Lads , journey completed without any hassle. I do appreciate yere help.

Advertisement