Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cupcake Boxes

Options
  • 20-04-2010 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi, I am looking for cupcake boxes available in Ireland. I have seen a number available in the UK but the shipping costs are way too high. I was also quoted 5.99euro per box in a local shop but that is too expensive. I need boxes that hold 12 cupcakes and a window on the box. Please let me know of anywhere that does them. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Where are you based? I bought some in JJ Devereux in Wexford, they are an office supply shop so you could try your local one. I did have to buy a minimum number (I think it was 50).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 MsCupcake

I am in Munster and would travel to collect them. I dont mind the bulk buy as i will need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

MsCupcake did you manage to get boxes?

No nothing yet. i have been to local packaging crews and they are looking into it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Hi MsCupcake, did you try Decobake in Clane? They say they supply cake boxes on their site:http://www.decobake.com

Also, I know you said the UK was too expensive, but did you try these?:
    http://www.cakecraftshop.co.uk/shop/3/408/index.htm

Might be worth giving them a buzz?

• Advertisement

This company now sell cupcake boxes. All different sizes. And the prices are great too.

http://www.barrypackaging.com/other-products/boxes/cupcake-boxes.html?gclid=CNeUgaLVyqECFROElAodwkT0dw

Yeah I bought them from there a while ago, have used loads of them, great size and price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭phormium

Pity they come in such large quantities though, would like to be able to buy 20 0r 30. I know they are cheaper in bulk but I would be forever using 100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭tscul32

mscupcake that's a fab site. I don't get to do as much baking as I used to (2 preschoolers and a full time career!) do but I remember buying cakeboxes in a place off capel st, stopped doing them a few years ago. But they sold packs of 100, let me take them in 25s though. But I found I did get through them, took about a year but then when I went back for more they'd stopped. Really wish I'd got the full packs. They're also very flat when unmade so there's not a huge difference is storage requirements for 30 vs 100. They also won't go off.

mscupcake - do you know if they charge for delivery, couldn't find that info online?

Spot the difference
    http://www.cookshop.ie/shop/cake-boxes/589-cupcake-box-snappy-stripes-4-cupcake-box-3-pack.html

and
    http://www.barrypackaging.com/four-cupcake-box.html

Yep, the difference is that the first is €9 for 2 boxes and the second is €90 for 200 boxes!!!

Id say you would be surprised the amount you might get thru. Might be an idea to get the 6 cupcake boxes and if a 12 box is needed just have 2x 6cupcake boxes, then your not buying 2 different sizes.

This was on the bottom of the site at check out
    "Next working day delivery €10 Flat Fee Shipping within Republic of Ireland"

That is an unbelievable difference in prices.

• Advertisement

Yipee,
    I got my boxes from ere

http://www.barrypackaging.com/other-products/boxes/cupcake-boxes.html?gclid=CNeUgaLVyqECFROElAodwkT0dw

And they are fab. Pity the 12 box doesn't have a window but it just creates a sense of surprise for whats inside.

Thank you everyone for the replies.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Boo :( Just saw on the Barry Packaging facebook page that they are no longer selling cupcake boxes because of unreliable supplier :mad:

Just when I thought I had my Christmas pressies sorted..

Yeah they stopped stocking them a few weeks ago, pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

Anyone got an alternative? Same as others here, ideally I only want max 50 cupcake boxes, each to take either 4 or 6 buns?

I've found a few in the States but delivery v expensive :(

I haven't found anywhere else yet sorry, I have a stash of them that'll keep me going a little while but need more, another friend is on the hunt too, nothing so far. I bought a few at the Cake Show in Birmingham too to save on shipping but didn't get too many. Such a shame about Barry Packaging, was so handy and Irish!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Mrs W

try sending to a northern address to get out of the high postage costs? i ordered some stuff from amazon, cupcake boxes and lovely multi coloured cases and the whole thing came to about £12, then they tried to charge £23 postage!!! changed it to a northern address and it was £3.50 so worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

sorry for digging up an old thread, but does anyone know where these can be got (reasonably cheap) in Leinster or on the internet?
    Don't mind if there's no window etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MsBelle

hi does anyone know of any decent suppliers of cupcake boxes in Ireland at reasonable prices? I need to buy them in quantities of 25's or 50's. Thanks

• Advertisement

Try stuff4cakes.ie, 25 boxes for €20.00.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement