Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd hand jewellery dealer Dublin

Options
  • 20-04-2010 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I'm looking for someone to give me a valuation on some jewellery. I'm looking for the purchase value of the items not an insurance valuation.

So far everywhere I've seen is wanting to charge me over €100 to give me a written valuation on two diamond rings and a simple platinum pendant. Total rip off, in Sydney (which I appreciate I'm not in and cannot get to easily but I'm using here for comparison purposes only) the same would cost me about $20, or €14.

Anyone know someone who can do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

I always was under the impression it was free?

Well I went in once to ask about a ring I had got in Dubai, I was told by the woman they didn't do valuation but the person next to me was being asked by the other woman, how much did you pay for it? We have to know how much you paid for it before doing a value??

I just put it down to a not uncommon snotty cow I had dealt with...

I never bothered asking elsewhere but wouldn't mind selling this particular piece :)

Advertisement