Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

earthing tray

Options
  • 20-04-2010 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭

isolated lengths of tray carring swa only -no need to earth tray?

am i right in thinking this thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ShamFeen

Good question. I'll give it a stab! Is there other conductive materials nearby?, i.e copper pipes or other trunking or tray? Try and maintain the same potential between the tray and the other services i.e the aforementioned pipes etc. Earth all or none depending on existing? Hope I was of some help! Of course if you are certifying, you prob need to earth all

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

I would say earth it if for any reason the tray became live it would cause problems if a cable was cut or developed a fault or whatever. better safe than sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

would agree with maz on this one always better to be safe rather then sorry,you wouldn know wat would happen the cable,even though the swa has high protection somethin could happen and last thing ya need is the tray becoming live!

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭civildefence

Agree with above, I would bond it as normal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

ok will do thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement