Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf Holiday Cork & Kerry

Options
  • 20-04-2010 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hey,
    I've put this on cork Surf Forum but hoping to get as much info as I can so maybe some of ye here can share ye're knowledge!

I surf mostly around Clare, Sligo and Donegal but Im going to head for a weeks surfing holiday with a few mates in Cork and Kerry.
    Ive never surfed here before or really stayed/camped here so if any of ye guys could give me a few tips on locations and hostels it be great. Might do a bit of camping as well.
    Were going the 8th - 15th May. Ive gone on a good few trips, ye can see a few on my blog which might give ya an idea of what im after: http://www.surfaroundireland.com

I'd be grateful for any info I can get from ye, cheers. Neil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭runman

Brandon Bay cant be missed, love it there. Loads of room on the doons for camping. Hope you get lucky with the swell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

runman wrote: »
    Brandon Bay cant be missed, love it there. Loads of room on the doons for camping. Hope you get lucky with the swell.
    Carefull camping in the doons they've cracked down on it and are handing out 1000 euro fines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

can't go wrong with brandon, some hostels in castlegregory are cheap, it'll be great for surf. I remember a few years back, I took a few days off in may and went down. I got really lucky with the weather and swell. It was great.

thinking of doing the same myself on my own, but maybe heading to connemara and mayo...

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

Cheers Lads,

Yeah think we'll start off around Brandon Bay area, there seems to be plenty of beaches to choose from. Might stay few nights there and head for a night or two maybe to Inchydoney area in Cork.

Think it will be hostels all the way unless the weather is sweet for camping.

One of the lads is gonna bring us on a day hiking aswell. Less than 2 weeks now till im off - first long holiday just purely surfing! nice swell and no rain would be perfect!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Also check out Inch on the Dingle Peninsula. I'm in Limerick this weekend to run the Half Marathon and was there yesterday and going again tomorrow. Swell and wind good there this weekend. I wouldn't think the South Coast is as consistent as the West, but here's hoping that it's good for you.

• Advertisement

Well guys, Just back from the surf trip to Kerry... didnt venture as far as Cork.
    Brilliant few days, 4 days surfing, a hike up mount Brandon and a 35 km cycle around the Dingle Peninsula!

I've done a post on it with loads of photos on my blog (link below) defo heading back later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

Had a read - sounds like a great trip had. Glad the swell and wind worked for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭kodute

CRenegade wrote: »
    I've done a post on it with loads of photos on my blog (link below) defo heading back later this year.

Nice blog, more hi-res pics surf please! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vocra

Hi there
    If you like surf trips check out this website they organize nice surf trips. i have already booked within their surf camps in portugal and it was the best choice to do.
    www.surfinn.travel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Bleedin Delish

CRenegade wrote: »
    Well guys, Just back from the surf trip to Kerry... didnt venture as far as Cork.
    Brilliant few days, 4 days surfing, a hike up mount Brandon and a 35 km cycle around the Dingle Peninsula!

wat happened to the link? I would love to see the pics

• Advertisement

wat happened to the link? I would love to see the pics

Hey, this is the link to that trip: http://www.surfaroundireland.com/2010/05/surf-trip-around-dingle-peninsula-may.html

Advertisement