Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort of drunk are you?

Options
  • 20-04-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭

When you drink, perhaps more than you should does your personality change much?

I know a couple of people that are very nice normally, but when they get more than merry they become very agressive and argumentative by their own admission, i know others that are probably more common and turn into clowns!

I used to hear people say "i cant touch cider or i cant touch vodka or i'll go mental" and i used to think that was a load of rubbish.. drink is drink right? However ive found that if i drink cider and nothing only cider i can become a little more agressive..

What does drink do to your personality and are there certain drinks you cant touch?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I am the same, with impaired movement and more laughing. Many people 'change', a lot of the time it gives you an insight into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I avoid whiskey

with good reason.

other than that I'm fairly mellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I dance more and think that people are impressed by me knowing the lyrics to songs that I sing along to :(

I also find myself thinking that people I dislike aren't really all that bad

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

What sort of drunk are you?
    An inebriated one. Like duh! :D

When drunk - I turn into a bigger idiot, if thats possible! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Really depends on what happens to you before/during drinking. (And of course how much you have!).

Happy before - happy during.
    P*ssed off before - drunkenly violent during.

I've also found that whiskey is distilled anger in a glass. Any time I used to drink it I got very ill tempered. Aw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭brianrcarney

been told i am a ridiculously happy drunk... i never remember! :D

although i wonder is that in comparison to me sober haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I slur my words. And hug a lot. Right, Captain Darling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

I tend to get more chatty/giggly and loved up. Never cry or get aggressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

insatiably horny, loud, laughy. then sometimes i corner people and tell them things i inevitably regret.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Depends on who I'm with etc.. Generally really happy..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Depends: more talkative (if possible), animated, good-humored and sentimental. Strong spirits have occasionally made me a little lairy so I avoid.

One thing I never really do is lose physical control: stumbling, falling and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,192 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I got turned down for the leaving las vegas role, they mooted financial reasons

Thread needs poll with just "depends" option. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I get aggressive sometimes, if someone takes the piss with me or anything in clubs. Very short fuse on occasion with drink on me. When I am in a good mood you generally can't shut me up, I talk way too much, virtually doin comedy routines etc, which usually goes down well. I sing a lot too for some reason (Am in a band though).

Girls tend to go one direction or the other. Fallin around havin the craic, or ballin their eyes out, self-diagnosing their daddy issues in some doorway to rest of their gaggle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

snyper wrote: »
    I know a couple of people that are very nice normally, but when they get more than merry they become very agressive and argumentative by their own admission....

I'm probably the opposite of that... the more sober I am... the more of a prick I can be... when I'm drinking I don't bother hammering down nails...
    snyper wrote: »
    I used to hear people say "i cant touch cider or i cant touch vodka or i'll go mental" and i used to think that was a load of rubbish.. drink is drink right?

T'is a load of rubbish... drink is drink... but they are sorta different... can't stand vodka, but it's more of a personal preference... don't drink Cider, my digestive system would go bleeding mental...

I mainly like Whiskey and Rum... but when in a pub.. a decent Guinness will do... if not... *shudders* and in this order...

Pint Miller...
    Bottle Miller...
    Bud...
    Carlsberg....
    Heiniken...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I'm the "let's go do some retarded ****" kind of drunk. I still retain my sanity tho when I'm drunk, even though I might not be able to stand.
    Usually end up in a dark corner mumbling about philosophy and metaphysics to unlistening ears...

Oh, and my jokes are 67% more funny when pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

I tend to go through three stages. Stage one is super happy and excitable. I get a bit giggly and am generally in a good mood.

Stage two is philosophical mode, where all the worlds problems will be solved and I'll just sit there spouting incredible wisdom to all who'll listen.

Stage three is excited version 2, where it becomes a good idea to stay up all night, with the intention of continuing the fun through the next day and probably watching Dora the Explorer at 8am before passing out on the couch.

I usually just get to stage one and thats it. There's also Stage -1 where I get completely lost wherever I am and end up wandering home with the wrong coat or something, but that's rare and requires lots of shots in quick succession, usually tequila. Not recommened, though you do end up with a few good stories.

I will say that if I drink in a bad mood or feeling down, it makes it worse. I don't get aggressive really, just more down, so I never drink when I'm not already happy. I find being drunk just exaggerates whatever mood you're already in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm a happy and horny drunk. I usually have a good time.

I tend to agree that certain drinks can mess you up. For instance, with me, vodka is a big mistake. I always end up falling around and I really can't control myself when I have that stuff. Also, Jack Daniels messes me up. I haven't touched the stuff in ages because I always end up regreting it. Oh, and Jagerbombs are generally a bad idea for me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 TC cork

everything in moderation......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

I go from being a quiet pleasent lad to a shinied eyed bull****ter. Talk an unbelievable amount of rubbish, self inflicted face palms for days afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

Right now a sober one...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

different stages obviously. first few stages, generally alot happier and ALOT louder. lots of dancing, hugging and shouting.

Latter stages consist of doing ridiculous things, diving head first into wheely bins and provoking fights with complete strangers. Usually with no recollection :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I get emotional. The stories I hear back are invariably bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Jay P wrote: »
    I avoid people like you at all costs. No one is ruining my night out with their crying :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I'm a bollox when drunk. I would much prefer to be taking other drugs on nights out, but due to the narrow mindedness of the vast majority of irish people (who dont see themselves as injesting drugs when drinking), I would be harshly judged for doing so. Therefore I have to make do with alcohol, which makes me slur my speech and all other horrid things.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Your personality doesn't necessarily change, drink just highlights certain aspects of your personality and the mood you're in. Most nights when I've been drinking, I find it hard to shut up talking. I've given up drinking since.

Jay P wrote: »

Oh yeah! There's a lot of bromance when I get flutered.

"Man, you're the besht friend EVAR.....<hic>."
    "No, no, no. YOU are maaaaaaan....<burp>."

Sh*t.....forgot about that! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I normally get happy and full of chat.

One thing I tend to do is repeat my stories over and over again and keep coming back to a totally unrelated point which ends up in me going in circles with my conversation. I get very to point, if I fancy someone or if i hav had feelings for them il tell them and regret it the next day. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Goldenquick

I gave up drinking vodka, I used to get argumentative on it & of course couldn't remember anything from a certain time of the night next day. Now when I go out, I drink Baileys only, love the stuff, measures are too small though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

mixed for me really, depends on your mood and who your with etc. also find if i stay on the beer i'll be amore of a dozy/happy drunk, usually too much drink = regrets:o

Advertisement