Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort of drunk are you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Sinemo

I tend to get quieter when I'm drunk, I get so paranoid that people will know I'm drunk that I just stop talking :P
    My friends all know now that when I'm just sitting there with a smile on my face and not contributing to the conversation I've reached the happy stage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Sinemo wrote: »
    I tend to get quieter when I'm drunk, I get so paranoid that people will know I'm drunk that I just stop talking :P
    My friends all know now that when I'm just sitting there with a smile on my face and not contributing to the conversation I've reached the happy stage :P

that can happen me too, thats from years of experience though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I find my coordination goes out the window when I've been on the whiskey all day and my driving suffers as a consequence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

I don't get aggresive but I have been known to say things out load that are normally kept ( and should be kept ) inside my head.
    Eg. Was out the other night and say a stranger dressed in Pajamas, sober I would have said nothing but drunk I proceeded to tell her that she was lazy and needed to get dressed when she got out of bed.
    Mind you this was 2 in the morning, who the f**k is out dressed in Pjs at 2 in the mornin. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jkrowling

Stage 1 - I think I'm the best dancer in the room, move over the Pussy Cat Dolls, you aint got a patch on my moves.
    Stage 2 - I'm nursing an injury, generaly as a result of stage 1
    Stage 3 - I'm probably trying to fend off a potential serial killer who has picked me up from the dancefloor as a result of stage 2 (I tend to attract weirdos, dunno why must just have one of those faces ;))
    Stage 4 - My mouth takes on a mind of it's own and I am gauranteed to have one of those "oh you should have counted to 10 before you said that" moments. This normally happens as a result of stage 4 or when I'm out with work - neither is generally good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I've been told I'm annoying but in a funny way when really really drunk, which doesn't happen very often. I'm not the agressive type when drunk or sober so that's always a plus.

I'm more socialable and chatty when happily tipsy/slightly drunk, I attempt to dance occasionaly too. The only annoyinng thing for me when drunk is slurring my words, I have a natural stutter anyway so it sounds like i'm more drunk than I actually am most of the time. Only good side to this is that I don't drink as much when I know i'll be talking to people I don't know because of it !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I get louder, more confident, and more competitive.

I never get aggressive or violent though, people who do are usually like that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

CoalBucket wrote: »
    Mind you this was 2 in the morning, who the f**k is out dressed in Pjs at 2 in the mornin. :D

Housed nackers

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Holsten wrote: »
    I get louder, more confident, and more competitive.

I never get aggressive or violent though, people who do are usually like that anyway.

I dont agree with that, i know peoplewho would be very laid back and non confrontational normally, but can change with too much drink in them

jkrowling wrote: »
    Stage 1 - I think I'm the best dancer in the room, move over the Pussy Cat Dolls, you aint got a patch on my moves.
    Stage 2 - I'm nursing an injury, generaly as a result of stage 1
    Stage 3 - I'm probably trying to fend off a potential serial killer who has picked me up from the dancefloor as a result of stage 2 (I tend to attract weirdos, dunno why must just have one of those faces ;))
    Stage 4 - My mouth takes on a mind of it's own and I am gauranteed to have one of those "oh you should have counted to 10 before you said that" moments. This normally happens as a result of stage 4 or when I'm out with work - neither is generally good.

Have you ever reached stage 5, the Invisible Stage?
    At this point you can do anything because NO ONE CAN SEE YOU. You dance on a table to impress the people who you fancy because the rest of the people in the room cannot see you. You are also invisible to the person who wants to fight you. You can walk through the street singing at the top of your lungs because no one can see or hear you and because you're still SMART you know all the words.

Stage 5 women are the ones to aim for lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Oh and I can't go near vodka, morgans, jagerbombs, jack or any sort of whiskey or spirits. I always end up in such a mess if I go anywhere near that stuff, beer does me fine for the night !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I can count on one hand the times I've been drunk - or maybe two. And when I get drunk on cider I get very quiet and withdrawn and I just want to lock myself away. On wine, on the other hand, I start acting goofy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I find my coordination goes out the window when I've been on the whiskey all day and my driving suffers as a consequence.

You should try some of that capol stuff for kids under 6 man!

pif... "Don't Operate Machinery"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

jolly drunk imo

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

I get hyper and really chatty. I also like to crack a few jokes.

Absolutely hate people who get angry/mean/aggressive when drunk. If you are one of these people, please do yourself a favour and give up the alcohol!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I get quiet .... and shy away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Typically, i'm a happy drunk. Vodka or whiskey however and i'm 50/50 happy/cranky, tend to avoid them for that very reason. Also i'm unusually prone to memory loss, even when only tipsy i can have trouble remembering everything, but when anyway drunk it's the total swiss cheese effect.

I do lose item's of clothing too. The amount of jackets/coats/boxers/socks I've mislaid is not even funny. I still think it's generally the vodka that does that to me :confused:

There's some pretty sharp dressed homeless guys about, I do a double-take when I see 'em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭OxfordComma

I get very chatty and happy, and crack a lot of jokes. I also tend to do the whole "I love you" speech to pretty much anyone in the vicinity :o

But I never, ever get violent or angry, and if I did I'd give up drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭blackalicious

"What sort of drunk are you?"

a regular one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I'm a happy drunk and an angry sober

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I'm a good drunk. It can make me funnier & more sociable but it can also make me more depressed & quiet depending on my mood. I'm never like the yobs you'd see on a weekend falling about before midnight with the eyes struggling to stay open. I don't do that kind of drunk.

Also glad I'm not someone who changes personality completely and getting argumentative or starting fights. If I was I wouldn't drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I have two forms of drunkeness:
    Happy Drunk
    Unable to walk Drunk

Haven't done the latter in a while. The former is the usual, when I'm out drunk.

I've yet to experience "beer goggles". I could drink so much that I could not walk, and the ugly would be still ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

If you're an emotional drunk. GTFO I'm not listening to whinging the whole night. Come back and talk to me when you're sober. I don't drink that much. Spirits have little effect on me.

Last time I was drunk though I couldn't stop laughing and had everyone laughing. Either with or at me I don't really care. Point is they were laughing because of me not being able to stop.

Horny hangover FTW.

I do lose item's of clothing too. The amount of jackets/coats/boxers/socks I've mislaid is not even funny. I still think it's generally the vodka that does that to me :confused:

There's some pretty sharp dressed homeless guys about, I do a double-take when I see 'em
    Guilty here too. Have lost many a nice jumper on a night out. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Bonito wrote: »
    Horny hangover FTW.
    Not when your OH wont give it to you for the laugh tho :mad:

Soooooo not good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

I think it's pretty hard to gauge what type of drunk you are given the vastly overblown opinion of oneself drink can tend to bring about. So while I might think I'm a jolly fellow when I've imbibed, I may actually come across as an annoying prick for all I know.

Have you ever reached stage 5, the Invisible Stage?
    At this point you can do anything because NO ONE CAN SEE YOU. You dance on a table to impress the people who you fancy because the rest of the people in the room cannot see you. You are also invisible to the person who wants to fight you. You can walk through the street singing at the top of your lungs because no one can see or hear you and because you're still SMART you know all the words.

Stage 5 women are the ones to aim for lads.

I probably have reached stage 5, but given stages 1 to 4 I think it's fair to say many of the stage 5 nights are lost, distant memories :D

Kiera wrote: »
    Not when your OH wont give it to you for the laugh tho :mad:

Soooooo not good!
    I lol'd. :D

*AH Kiera is gagging for it as her OH wont put out when she has "The Horny Hangover".*

• Advertisement

"The Horny hangover" Also known as PASU - Post Alcohol Sexual Urges ;)

Advertisement