Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort of drunk are you?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Too much jager and i can flip easily though :cool:

Its just liquid evil really isn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

When I've had a few to many I've got this awful habit of walking up to random people saying "touch your nose" touch their nose and keep walking....

I've no idea why I do it tbh and most of the time I don't remember doing it but the other lads rip the piss out of me for it. I always feel really embaressed by it :D

It doesn't seem to matter where I am or whos around me male or female if I'm drunk you'd better watch your nose....

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Ugh.. It's not good for me.

I lose all my 5 senses as the night goes on. In alphabetical order.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Whiskey is definitely fuel for an agro night... gave it up a couple of years ago..
    I'd like to think of myself as a merry drunk, but alas a very fcuking messy one. I am the type of person that can drink away and then one drink tips me over the edge, bad bad...
    Over the past few years I've had some clumsy incidents where i got bady injured, not going into detail but a recent incident has led me to try out sobriety all round for a while :(

no more drink for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Fear Uladh

jkrowling wrote: »
    "The Horny hangover" Also known as PASU - Post Alcohol Sexual Urges ;)

X2. Its a curse when single, but a ****ing miracle when you have a girl with ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Usually alright, only got sick twice(well on two occassions, one was very messy:o)

First time was my second time drunk and I had a shoulder of vodka, I was grand until I had a fag then just as I put the fag out I got sick.:(
    Second time was after one too many Heinekens and a few too many Carlsbergs, Carlsberg makes me puke at the best of times, never mind after 8+ pints of Heineken.:mad:

Most of the time I'm just chatty though. I'd say I'm the type that'd be savage craic if you were drunk, but an annoying cúnt if you were sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I'm a grand happy auld drunk,always end up singing and laughing at almost anything and eating waay too much crap when I get home.

I also reckon people who say that ''whiskey turns me into a pr!ck'' or whatever are most probably pricks when they're sober aswell and just use it as an excuse cos they cant handle their liquor.

I've had loadsa nites out where I've drank nothing but whiskey and never gotten aggro,same for rum or vodka,and all of my mates are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Nuggles

A quiet drunk. Quiet is dangerous. Everyone thinks you're fine, then you disappear for half an hour and when you return you don't tell anyone where you've been.

Don't do the crying or aggressive drunk thing. Just general merriment. Never the stubbling, no shoes drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Stephen Gately

I can't handle my beer at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I can be really happy and really philosophical. I'm an emotive drunk I guess.... Wouldn't be sort to do the crying or any of that ****e though, I just give people a freudian analysis. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

im drunk after 2 bottles so im drunk quickly so im told im quite funny when drunk and tend to embraaess myself by dancing and singing a lot neither of which i can do so many good times love it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

Last time I got real drunk I can blame on UTD v chelsea, those games are on way to early, in the pub at 12 and you just know you're not gonna make it home till late. I ended up falling on my arse in the smoking area of a nightclub and spilled my drink all over myself. looked like a right gob****e.
    So yeah, when I get drunk I can get messy and often suffer from fits of reversing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

I can't handle drink at all, but i think i am a happy drunk usually just jumping around, playin air guitar talking to anyone at all.

but also I get very sleepy after a couple of pints and have fell asleep in bars, toilets(both men and women's), walls, phone booths etc

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Happy drunk, especially with vodka. Tend to lose some of my inhibitions just a bit and tend to be a bit too truthful when properly drunk. It takes a lot of booze to slow down my reactions and hurt my co-ordination, and I never slur my words - I'd be unconscious first :o

One thing I've noticed is that while booze can loosen my inhibitions it can't boost my confidence. That usually isn't an issue with me though, unless you add women into the equation. Even at peak uninhibited-ness I can't pull to save my life :(

Don't really like beer/lager, makes me oddly nauseous. Stout, cider, whiskey/vodka and shots are fine though - jagers/stiffys/tequilas etc. just bounce off. The big exception to that are Sambucas, Aftershocks and (very) large quantities of Mickey Finns on top of other alcohol... those make me a very unhappy person indeed :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I can't handle my beer at all.

Wasn't funny the first time, still not funny...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Wasn't funny the first time, still not funny...

Too true!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Depends what I drink, and what mood I'm in when I start drinking. If I'm in a good mood I'll usually get happier, if I'm down, I'll usually get worse. Never get aggressive or anything though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

After drink, I'm the fat girl whos in the corner crying on her own.

I think i should cut down on how much i drink since when i don't drink im just a skinny man.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

By and large, I get very very happy on drink. I become sociable, charming and witty.

I like myself more and I like other people more when I am drunk.

It makes me immune to criticism and feel absolutely awesome.

I have been known to get naked when drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I also tend to molest minidazzler when he's drunk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

a trans gender dislexic. I once introduced my sister as my brother and me as her sister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I tend to get very chatty, and share everything with anyone who'll listen!

The thing is though, I'm very open and honest anyways, there's not much that I won't tell my friends when I'm sober. And seeing as I generally won't let myself get too drunk with people I'm not comfortable with, I usually don't regret anything I've said the next day.

I'm also a bit of a lightweight, but thankfully I'm like a homing pigeon - as soon as I pass the threshold between tipsy-drunk and proper drunk, I tend to leave, get into the nearest taxi, and get home. If I wake up the next morning with drunken amnesia, I have to do that awful round of phonecalls checking whether I totally disgraced myself, but I'm usually just told that I did my usual drunken disappearing act. :o I know my limits a bit better now though so it doesn't happen as much.

I've never gotten aggressive or violent when drunk ... that's just not in my personality and I'd be very freaked out if it came out after I'd been drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I get very cheerful and have a tendency to stab complete strangers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

im the happy eejit who will do anything for a laugh, even if its at my own expense by making a fool out of myself. a typical session for me involves cringing for a week afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Horse_box

I think I'm a good drunk as I've never been told otherwise. Never get in fights or anything and am generally in good form and loosen up

Actually isn't it funny how most of us think were decent drunks yet when it comes down to it we're probably the most annoying ****ers! Our friends are probably just oblivious to it as they are sloshed too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Depends on what i'm drnking.

Beer: Talkative, witty, more confident and easy-going
    Cocktails: Giggly, slightly flirty, pervy-minded
    Wine: Think Bernard Black, as a woman, locked in a permanent state of PMS
    Whiskey: Blinking a lot, bewildered
    Spirits: Yet to find out as I don't drink neat spirits
    Alcopops: Aggressive and hyperactive. Been a long while since I was an "ASBO drunk". Oh, the headaches on those Bacardi Breezers... *whinces at memories*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I go from relaxed and talkative to quiet and sleepy to leaning over sideways in my seat staring into space with people laughing at how drunk I am.

I'm lucky in a way that I get nauseous trying to drink beyond this point... my stomach tells me when I've had enough and I'm all like "Ok stomach, you're the boss!"
    As a result, I've never reached a stage of being completely legless (unable to walk without falling into things), blacking out, having memory loss or vomiting all over myself... am I missing out on the fun of drinking? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

depends big time.. on lots of factors....

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭vicecreamsundae

cheerful i would say, just a little giddy and more talkative.
    i've never been that girl sitting on the pavement bawling her eyes out at the end of a night. or that girl trying to stab her best friend with her high heel because she looked at her boyfriend in the club.

i have toned down the morgans spiced intake though -i've learned that for me there is a correlation between muchos morgans spiced and blacking out, which is not cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭quicklickpaddy

I tend to get very mischievous. If I'm at a house party I generally try find my way to the roof. We all also play the upside down game. Turning every item in the house upside down.

There has been several occasions where I have given a few my friends surprise hickeys... Although that only happens when I get ludicrously gee eyed.

I also tend to end up having very meaningful and deep conversations with anyone I'm talking to at the end of the night

Advertisement