Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Angel Grove

• 20-04-2010 1:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭

Well chaps, i've a week of holiday booked for next week, and i'll be over in clare, so if anybody's free and fancies a day at AG let me know..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Brilliant place, you'll have a ball over there! Do you fish there often?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

great little spot, hope to get down there during the summer. enjoy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

1st time headding down actually, it's only an hours drive over to it from limerick/clare so i'll fly up for the day, hope to get back a few times this year, heard a lot of whining about it being 20 euro for 24 hours, but it dosent bother me in the slightest.

Would be nice to have somebody to chat to on the day tho :rolleyes:

Any tips to offer ? i hear tutti fruiti sweet corn, and Luncheon Meat works well, but i've a bag of 10mm pelets also to try, hoping to run two rods, one feeder on an alarm, and the waggler in close.

Cant find any rules listed up anywhere, anybody know what's ok and not ok ?

it can be busy. make sure you ring roman to book a swim beforehand. he's a nice guy and very flexible on the rules end of it. he allows all methods. its a great spot for surface fishing. ring him and speak to him before going. now that the weather is good it could be busy enough. lads come from all over to it. the €20 for 24 hours is great value for that fishery its private and there wont be any of the "other crowd" there.

Mexican's ehh ... Heard Paddy Mc's is empty now ? i had planned on going there 1st :(

I shall be calling roman today / tomorrow to book a swim alright.. any thoughs on my rigs / or my two rod set up ? bait ?

• Advertisement

Dr4gul4 wrote: »
    Mexican's ehh ... Heard Paddy Mc's is empty now ? i had planned on going there 1st :(

I shall be calling roman today / tomorrow to book a swim alright.. any thoughs on my rigs / or my two rod set up ? bait ?

Yes i heard that too. its a shame the Mexicans were at it in a big way!!

I am no expert in carp fishing i only do it a few times in the summer each year and i tend to keep things simple, luncheon meat, dog biscuits and bread on the surface etc.
    if you look up www.carpfishingireland.com there are loads of threads on there about it.

Ahh i've already been over to CarpIreland and gotten a good few idea's i've some fancy dog biscuits to try out also, just need to figure out if i can hair rig them, and also how to get the bread on the surface etc,with a bit of distance.

Keep me in mind if you headding over during the summer, i'd be on for a day of it at least.. all going well, unless they run off with my rods on the day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

You'll be doing very little long casting of floating baits there, most of the fiah I've got of the surface there (i.e. pretty much all of them :-) ) are caught witin feet, or sometimes inches from the bank. I've never used dog biscuits up there though, a bit too fiddley for me given that it takes seconds to bait up with bread.
    As for bait, depends on what you are after, feeder with maggots/sweetcorn will keep you occupied all day with carp up to a couple of pounds, and tench up to 5 or 6, (mostly about the 1 1/2 lb mark). Carp style fishing will be slower, so it's probably better to mix the two until dusk and then target the bigger fish.
    Send me a PM when you're thinking of heading and I'll see if I'm around to tag along.

Nice tips viper, i've got some fancy dog bickies to try and get rid of so, i'll run a fwe test rigs with them to see how they hold up, should be a good day hopefully

d..

Advertisement