Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit play the Olympia Aug 24th

Options
  • 20-04-2010 1:26pm

Heading to the Dublin Olympia on August 24 are Limp Bizkit whose own Gold Cobra LP is out in June, and is said to be a real return to form. Tracks expected to feature include ‘Shark Attack’, ‘Middle Finger’ and the equally charming ‘Douchebag’.

The original line-up of Fred Durst, Wes Borland, Sam Rivers, John Otto, and DJ Lethal will all take part in the upcoming tour, and say in a joint statement: "Regardless of where our separate paths have taken us, we recognise there is a powerful and unique energy with this particular group of people we have not found anywhere else. This is why Limp Bizkit is back."

Again, tickets are available this Friday priced between €39.20 and €44.20

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Was in to them in in their hay day, (I still think that Three Dollar Bill Y'all is decent!). But then I got older and wiser.

40 euro sounds like a complete rip off too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I might attend a UK date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

like many, I was into them years ago. Wont go to see them now though - at least not at €40!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭batari

Yea was a fan back in 98 or so, still enjoy Three Dollar Bill too.

Would go if I had €40 to spend, plus travel, plus booze, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Forty quid for a gig in the Olympia is bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

DON'T give your money to that scumbag durst. its like buying a Chris Brown ticket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Was interested til I saw the ticket price. No thanks.

For 40euro Id expect to be met my Fred at the door and have him take my coat before I tear into the free drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

would have to agree with previous posters, that sounds a bit schteep for that venue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

--LOS-- wrote: »
    would have to agree with previous posters, that sounds a bit schteep for that venue.

and that band imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

OMGHGGGGGGGGGGGG
    ILL KILL EVERYONE ON THIS WEBITE FOR A TICKET

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

**** the haters. I'd definatley going. LB FOREVER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

About time they did an Irish date!

Saw em at download last year and in the HMV forum London last year.

2 class shows.

I'm so there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Would love to see them. Id say they're class live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

oh gawd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

i'd go if i was given a ticket....and anyway wasnt faith no more last year and STP this year dearer than 40 euro?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen them at Rock Im Park last year and was blown away. €40 will be well worth it imo. Will prob catch them at Pukkelpop aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭new fang

ten year old me would be all up in this joint

me as it stands, probably wouldn't go if it was free. really don't like the idea of being surrounded by a room of people who think this band has any artistic merit.

at least not durst. the new tracks sound like they'd be decent as instrumentals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

new fang wrote: »
    ten year old me would be all up in this joint

me as it stands, probably wouldn't go if it was free. really don't like the idea of being surrounded by a room of people who think this band has any artistic merit.

at least not durst. the new tracks sound like they'd be decent as instrumentals.

Ye I can see how they would be a good laugh at a festival but their own show is more than likely going to be a bit of a playground scene :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

ha! coolo! will have to see that methinks! :)

• Advertisement

Star Bingo wrote: »
    DON'T give your money to that scumbag durst. its like buying a Chris Brown ticket

Why is he a scumbag tell us?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

An awful lot of hatred in this thread against LB (seems to happen anytime someone mentions a "nu-metal" band).
    I don't even really like them that much but they have a few good songs.
    I'd say it would be great for fans to see them in such a small venue.
    Got to see them at Rock Am Ring last year and they were great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Why is he a scumbag tell us?

only quoting cristina aguilera no less.. n certainly no more - whom he 'duetted' with :pac::pac::pac: at the MTV video music awards :o regarding his Chris Brown-like status, he's gone one worse when he CLAIMED he was in relationships with pop divas try to promote his own status. Britney Spears of all people? do us a favour.. :pac: the unfortunate girl he coaxed into sex and recorded on camera phone? any sympathisers/ fans old enough to know better are simpletons, no doubt. sure we were all tweenies once, but lets move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

i don't give a flying fcuk who Fred Durst has shagged, I also don't give a Rats arse who he's about to shag.
    What i do care about is the music, and i love a lot of LB songs.

I'll be there, and when 'Break Stuff' kicks in at the Olympia i bet you wish you were too

Star Bingo wrote: »
    only quoting cristina aguilera no less.. n certainly no more - whom he 'duetted' with :pac::pac::pac: at the MTV video music awards :o regarding his Chris Brown-like status, he's gone one worse when he CLAIMED he was in relationships with pop divas try to promote his own status. Britney Spears of all people? do us a favour.. :pac: the unfortunate girl he coaxed into sex and recorded on camera phone? any sympathisers/ fans old enough to know better are simpletons, no doubt. sure we were all tweenies once, but lets move on.

Unreal music tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I can't believe he's nearly 40! Does he still wear a baseball cap backwards and do the 'homie' poses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Still cursing them for cancelling Punchestown backing the day :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

when are tickets out? on ticketmaster it says not yet available

I found out already, on sale tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Im feeling antsy, I might actually cave and buy a ticket. I reckon I might snap and go a little ape**** when they play breakstuff.. actually that would be funkin unreal live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

calex71 wrote: »
    Still cursing them for cancelling Punchestown backing the day :mad:

No shit, the last 2 times i was due to see them they've cancelled at VERY short notice.

Milton Keynes, a day or 2 before Punchestown, and the headlining slot at download in 2005 i think (Metallica's second stage appearance more than made up for that though)

Third time lucky

Advertisement