Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit play the Olympia Aug 24th

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just dropped Bex, my 17yr old kid off at Dublin Ferry port, she's on her way home.

She said it's the best gig she's ever seen (And i've taken her to see quite a few incl. Metallica & Foo's), something to do with being crowd surfed to Fred seconds before Eat you Alive and being called a Crazy Irish Bitch!!

Guess she'll be wanting to come back for AX7 next

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I thought it might have been changed a bit cos there seemed to be a lot of stalling while they were deciding what to do next. Seemed like they were having a problem feedback from the mic too which made me think they might have improvised.

That's why I asked.
    I assumed they were changing songs around or something.
    I also thought Fred walking away from the stage and talking to the lighting guy was to see if the crowd would ease up the way some crowds would between songs.

But did it hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 RioInHifi

I hadn't even really listened to this band in over 7 or 8 years, and wasn't expecting much.... but they were amazing!! One of the best gigs I've been to in a loooong time. Hopefully they swing back our way after the new album is released. Good to see Wes back, he was f&*king awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

i am done diggin up durt ;- windup backfired. truth is, LB n the audience gave a great show
    Melion wrote: »
    Lad i know was onstage during "My Way", seemed to enjoy it judging by the video on youtube.

that seemed to work out more than well.. but for the flag not staying put!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

I am undeniably jealous. I wish I had gone.

• Advertisement

Some pics, not the best but not bad

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg

IMG_1632.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg

This is bex, crowd surfin

IMG_1610.jpg

And totally soakin after

IMG_1639.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

nice man, im sure she's over the moon with the experience.

Zombienosh wrote: »
    nice man, im sure she's over the moon with the experience.

She went back to Wales this afternoon, nobody there will know as interweb not reached there yet ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Fred looks more and more like Phil Mitchell by the day

budgemook wrote: »
    Fred looks more and more like Phil Mitchell by the day

If he gives that kind of performance i don't give a rats if he looks like Peggy Mitchell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

scudzilla wrote: »
    If he gives that kind of performance i don't give a rats if he looks like Peggy Mitchell
    *fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*fap*
    :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Best gig I have ever been to. Unreal athmosphere, unreal setlist, unreal support band and unreal people at it. Fantastic day. Topped off by meeting the band afterwords. And heres a shocker - Fred is actually unbelieveably nice. He made time for everyone, despite security rushing him and saying no photos. He posed for a photo with anyone that wanted one. Legend. He also told me they'd be back to play a bigger place once the album is out. I have all the inside scoop :pac:

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Best gig I have ever been to. Unreal athmosphere, unreal setlist, unreal support band and unreal people at it. Fantastic day. Topped off by meeting the band afterwords. And heres a shocker - Fred is actually unbelieveably nice. He made time for everyone, despite security rushing him and saying no photos. He posed for a photo with anyone that wanted one. Legend. He also told me they'd be back to play a bigger place once the album is out. I have all the inside scoop :pac:
    They can play a bigger place if they want, im happy I got to be at this gig.Everything about it went perfectly and I knew the size of the olympia would help make it too.Thought the roof was gonna come off a few times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

i am really bummed that i missed out on this gig!(stupid work). I hope alot more bands will have gigs in the olympia. it is an unreal venue.

They can play a bigger place if they want, im happy I got to be at this gig.Everything about it went perfectly and I knew the size of the olympia would help make it too.Thought the roof was gonna come off a few times :D

Twas the kinda gig, that in a few years down the line, about 10,000 people will swear fcukin blind that they were at the Limp Bizkit Olympia gig

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Whiplash wrote: »
    i am really bummed that i missed out on this gig!(stupid work). I hope alot more bands will have gigs in the olympia. it is an unreal venue.
    Tough **** John, it was a great show... Got a hold of Durst during "Eat You Alive" was tempted to hit him.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

where you not banned paul? lol

scudzilla wrote: »
    Twas the kinda gig, that in a few years down the line, about 10,000 people will swear fcukin blind that they were at the Limp Bizkit Olympia gig
    Lying bastards :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Topped off by meeting the band afterwords. And heres a shocker - Fred is actually unbelieveably nice. He made time for everyone, despite security rushing him and saying no photos. He posed for a photo with anyone that wanted one. Legend. He also told me they'd be back to play a bigger place once the album is out. I have all the inside scoop :pac:

Yeah the security were assholes, giving out to us for taking photos and saying some bull**** about having a ferry to catch, but fair play to Fred for stopping for pics. Not sure they will play a bigger venue though, the Olympia wasn't sold out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Charisteas wrote: »
    Yeah the security were assholes, giving out to us for taking photos and saying some bull**** about having a ferry to catch, but fair play to Fred for stopping for pics. Not sure they will play a bigger venue though, the Olympia wasn't sold out.

Fred was in no rush. Gained even more respect for him after meeting him. Its nice to meet people you respect who turn out to be sound.

Fred said they would. I suppose if the album takes off, more people would go. You know yourself

• Advertisement

or if it's an awesome line up (Family Values) :D:D

There was talk of a family values reunion tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭hynesie08

For those of you who weren't there, lb's reading set is streaming now http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/festivals/readingandleeds/2010/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just wondering. Was anybody here at both Limp Bizkit and Faith No More in the Olympia? If so, how did the gigs compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭daredevilfan

any word when gold cobra will be released i think why try has gone back to the good aul days for the bizkit.:cool:

Walking away is another leaked song...

No word on Gold Cobra, probly wont be til theyre finished this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

any word when gold cobra will be released i think why try has gone back to the good aul days for the bizkit.:cool:

Won't be until next year

Advertisement