Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit play the Olympia Aug 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Unsurprising sheep mentality hatred on this thread.

Anyways:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

they should have come to thomond park!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭new fang

they should have been horribly disfigured in a plane crash.

a la travis barker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

new fang wrote: »
    they should have been horribly disfigured in a plane crash.

a la travis barker.

if you've nothing worth saying.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

woke up at 9 to get tickets! boooooom, cant wait now.

• Advertisement

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    woke up at 9 to get tickets! boooooom, cant wait now.

Damn right, fcuk all the haters, i like them and thats it, i don't give a rats who he's rode so long as it aint me or my other half.

Lookin forward to this now, Went to Dropkicks there last night, reminded me how small the venue really is, love it :D

3 standing in the bag

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

I got ticket. Hopefully will be as good as last year at Werchter. Getting a fair bit of stick about buying a ticket :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

i'd go if i was given a ticket....and anyway wasnt faith no more last year and STP this year dearer than 40 euro?

Cos they're Loreal.....I mean worth it.
    adox wrote: »
    Unsurprising sheep mentality hatred on this thread.

Anyways:

Yeah cos they suck! :pac:

C'mon LB (If I can call them that as I'm a "hater"), are well past their prime. They don't have any relevance in music anymore. Take Nirvana, which was my go-to band when I was in my teens. It helped me being whiny and depressed cos it reinforced it at the time. (And I think they still have relevance to that age group now.)

Whilst LB (if I can call them that), sing/rap about "rollin'" and "doing it for the nookie", which is hip to the max yo y'dig? Cos I don't!

By the by has FDs' (if I can call him that) balls dropped yet? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

chin_grin wrote: »
    Cos they're Loreal.....I mean worth it.

Yeah cos they suck! :pac:

C'mon LB (If I can call them that as I'm a "hater"), are well past their prime. They don't have any relevance in music anymore. Take Nirvana, which was my go-to band when I was in my teens. It helped me being whiny and depressed cos it reinforced it at the time. (And I think they still have relevance to that age group now.)

Whilst LB (if I can call them that), sing/rap about "rollin'" and "doing it for the nookie", which is hip to the max yo y'dig? Cos I don't!

By the by has FDs' (if I can call him that) balls dropped yet? :pac:

I bet you'd be the same guy who would hate the fact that Metallica have changed over the years, like half the world. LB have not changed, and they get slandered for it the whole time. Your argument is very flawed, and sheepish. You just cant win with some people...

Got my standing tickets this morning. Cant ****in wait for this gig, should be immense. I will kill for a photo with Fred

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I will kill for a photo with Fred

And I can get my "two for one" achievement" BANG! ^_^ Only kiddin'.

Baaaaaaaaaaaah.

Can't win with opinion because everyone has their own right? So I've given mine and you've given yours.

I'm above LB (if I can call them that) because they were a "fad" and like other bands I abhor their fans appear to me as shallow/vacuous d*ckheads.(PS: I'm not calling you one in case you're itchy clicking finger decides to click that lil red triangle. I mean I'd be the first to say I'm a c*nt. Cos I can be....probably am, I'm waiting on the results.).

:D

• Advertisement

i'm as anti-LB as the next clear minded chap, but this is a retarded argument

nirvana have had an impact far more reaching than angsty teens. not even the same ball park. not even close.

meanwhile, limp bizkit are consistently mediocre and i'm surprised they have a following past their heyday.

i'm as anti-LB as the next clear minded chap, but this is a retarded argument

nirvana have had an impact far more reaching than angsty teens. not even the same ball park. not even close.

meanwhile, limp bizkit are consistently mediocre and i'm surprised they have a following past their heyday.

Ok to spell it out. The kids. They listen to music. I'd rather they listen to somethinig that'll speak to them than some idiotic f*ck spouting on about sh*t that no ones' interested in. Now, is that ok with you? Fits perfectly all in black and white? Can you relate to any point that I've brought up and not step on some bandwagon that gives you a high and mighty approach?

No? Nirvana are a band. They made good music. It spoke to a certain age group.

Limp Bizkit are a band too. They make "music". It doesn't really "speak" to any age group.

Should I distill my point some more? Do you need laymans terms?

And I can get my "two for one" achievement" BANG! ^_^ Only kiddin'.

Baaaaaaaaaaaah.

Can't win with opinion because everyone has their own right? So I've given mine and you've given yours.

I'm above LB (if I can call them that) because they were a "fad" and like other bands I abhor their fans appear to me as shallow/vacuous d*ckheads.(PS: I'm not calling you one in case you're itchy clicking finger decides to click that lil red triangle. I mean I'd be the first to say I'm a c*nt. Cos I can be....probably am, I'm waiting on the results.).

:D

Yes, everyone can have an opinion. Yours is just ridiculous, and I'm not the only one to point that out in this thread.

Haha you're above their fans? Good for you. Personally, good to know you're not weak minded anyway.

And their fans being "shallow/vacuous dickheads? Pot, kettle?

Ok to spell it out. The kids. They listen to music. I'd rather they listen to somethinig that'll speak to them than some idiotic f*ck spouting on about sh*t that no ones' interested in. Now, is that ok with you? Fits perfectly all in black and white? Can you relate to any point that I've brought up and not step on some bandwagon that gives you a high and mighty approach?

No? Nirvana are a band. They made good music. It spoke to a certain age group.

Limp Bizkit are a band too. They make "music". It doesn't really "speak" to any age group.

Should I distill my point some more? Do you need laymans terms?

Just think about it. You'll get it.

And there was me thinking it was all metal :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes, everyone can have an opinion. Yours is just ridiculous, and I'm not the only one to point that out in this thread.

Haha you're above their fans? Good for you. Personally, good to know you're not weak minded anyway.

And their fans being "shallow/vacuous dickheads? Pot, kettle?

All aboard the smug train choo choo! :rolleyes:

Yep. That's why if we all agreed with everyones' opinions the world would be a sh*te place!
    Just think about it. You'll get it.

Patronising remarks. I get it. Cute.

But, hey, good hustle. Thanks for your two.

I'm gonna take my "hating" (I did use that term in the right context didn't I?) elsewhere. Later "playas" (that's right isn't it? "playa"?).

All aboard the smug train choo choo! :rolleyes:

Yep. That's why if we all agreed with everyones' opinions the world would be a sh*te place!

Patronising remarks. I get it. Cute.

But, hey, good hustle. Thanks for your two.

I'm gonna take my "hating" (I did use that term in the right context didn't I?) elsewhere. Later "playas" (that's right isn't it? "playa"?).

Tell it to Fred.

Why do you keep putting things in brackets? (It makes you look sad)

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Got mine at 9 bells. Can't wait!

Love how the ticket says MCD presents and not MCD proudly presents, they know the craic.

Tell it to Fred.

Why do you keep putting things in brackets? (It makes you look sad)

Aw, but I'm a very happy individual! You didn't get the joke no? I'm sorry I'm not as cool as you guys............I'm so so sorry. Go, have fun. Snif, I'm gonna go cry with all my other musical tastes. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Aw, but I'm a very happy individual! You didn't get the joke no? I'm sorry I'm not as cool as you guys............I'm so so sorry. Go, have fun. Snif, I'm gonna go cry with all my other musical tastes. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

pffft you know that chin grin is like the biggest LB fan behind closed doors.

best band ever.

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    pffft you know that chin grin is like the biggest LB fan behind closed doors.

best band ever.

It's so true! See you there guys! hehehehehehehehehe.

220px-Fred_Durst_at_the_2008_Tribeca_Film_Festival.JPG

I would........:D

He's better than all of us

At growing a beard, maybe. But I've got a nicer head of hair.

I would........:D

He probably would wit you too, only usin a baseball bat after all the hatin ;);)

scudzilla wrote: »
    He probably would wit you too, only usin a baseball bat after all the hatin ;);)

Oooh yeah he could use a baseball bat on me. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

At growing a beard, maybe. But I've got a nicer head of hair.

He has a nicer red cap though! :pac:

• Advertisement

Can't believe the negativity on here...anyone who questions Fred Durst's musical talent is obviously taking the piss :D

Advertisement