Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit play the Olympia Aug 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Oh yeah, gimp bizkit were so much cooler when they were underground
    Makes sense, they would have been hidden from the sun rays

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Vomit

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Now this is why Limp Bizkit are heros. That, and they are causing people who "hate" them to come in here and try and be witty. It's gas. LB Forever

Having people hate you is not a sign of quality.

I just find it weird that any time they have been mentioned in recent years people have laughed at them and dismissed them as the shi'ite corporate kiddy crap-rappers they are. But now that they are actually playing here we suddenly have people coming out of the woodwork praising them and saying, "Limp Bizkit forever". Yeah lets all keep rollin rollin rollin rollin! Why don't we demand Vanilla Ice play too? Word to ya motha!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 limp2010

First Post **
    For all the people on here talking utter crap about Limp Bizkit,why the hell come into a thread about there live show in Dublin??

Boredom??

Yes its true Limp Bizkits star has waned.The genre of new metal has waned since the hey day of 2000-2003.The likes of Staind Limp Korn Creed Deftones are no longer topping the charts but even when they were, these bands were being accused of 'Selling Out'.So NO.... they cant win!!
    For all mocking the 'talentless' Fred Durst,a man who is now a Hollywood film director and a vice prseident at Interscope Records and is pretty much made for life,i think he has pretty much done well from his limited talent.
    He pretty much made the hole nu metal genre of the early noughties.Chocolate starfish is still the fastest selling rock album EVER!!Look it up.
    They were booked for Punchestown in 2001.Now there playing the Olympia.Times they are a changing.
    But for all the people who grew up with Limp in there teens (which includes me) and has pretty much moved on in our musical tastes (Snow Patrol,The Coronas,Florence and the Machine) i think that no one can begrudge us a chance to re live a part of our teens.Bring the beat back.

And also I dont think a band who are singing about Doing it all for the Nookie are trying to be serious or make a Bono or Chris Martin type political statement.Limp Bizkit are what they are.People hate Fred.People hate Bertie Aherne.people hate God. There are alot of haters. For the lucky people who get to see Limp Bizkit you will not be dissappointed. Look up youtube.They will tear up the olympia and do it one last time.

"I'm only human it's so easy for your friends to give you their advice

they'll tell you just let it go (let it go) it's easier said than done

I appreciate it i do but .....just leave me alone

leave me alone...................... just leave me alone

and nothing's gonna change

'cause you can go away
    and i'm just gonna stay here and always be the same
    'cause you can go away
    'cause you can go away
    and i'm just gonna staaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

limp2010 wrote: »
    First Post **
    For all the people on here talking utter crap about Limp Bizkit,why the hell come into a thread about there live show in Dublin??

Boredom??

Yes its true Limp Bizkits star has waned.The genre of new metal has waned since the hey day of 2000-2003.The likes of Staind Limp Korn Creed Deftones are no longer topping the charts but even when they were, these bands were being accused of 'Selling Out'.So NO.... they cant win!!
    For all mocking the 'talentless' Fred Durst,a man who is now a Hollywood film director and a vice prseident at Interscope Records and is pretty much made for life,i think he has pretty much done well from his limited talent.
    He pretty much made the hole nu metal genre of the early noughties.Chocolate starfish is still the fastest selling rock album EVER!!Look it up.
    They were booked for Punchestown in 2001.Now there playing the Olympia.Times they are a changing.
    But for all the people who grew up with Limp in there teens (which includes me) and has pretty much moved on in our musical tastes (Snow Patrol,The Coronas,Florence and the Machine) i think that no one can begrudge us a chance to re live a part of our teens.Bring the beat back.

And also I dont think a band who are singing about Doing it all for the Nookie are trying to be serious or make a Bono or Chris Martin type political statement.Limp Bizkit are what they are.People hate Fred.People hate Bertie Aherne.people hate God. There are alot of haters. For the lucky people who get to see Limp Bizkit you will not be dissappointed. Look up youtube.They will tear up the olympia and do it one last time.

'cause you can go away
    'cause you can go away
    'cause you can go away

Great Post

I for one can't wait till they come here, i'm into all types of metal, it's all about the music after all.

When 'Break Stuff' kicks in i'll be right in the middle of the pit, and i'm mid 30's :-)

ya. I had to book upper circle seats cause my GF is coming. But by christ if they play counterfeit or Boiler im gonna do a f..u...c..k..i..n..g dive from the top straight into the PIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF THEY CANCEL THIS TIME I WILL PERSONALLY HUNT U DOWN MR DURST.

p.s ill be dusting down my red yankee cap and my Everybody hates limp bizkit t shirt cause im a crazy mother****er livin it up not giving a **** IN THE FAST LANE!!!!!! hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Who are the noob fans in this thread?

Those who obviously became fans during Chocolate Starfish...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

pretty much moved on in our musical tastes (Snow Patrol,The Coronas,Florence and the Machine)

Didn't move on to much...

Also, taste?? Does. not. compute.*explodes*

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »
    Great Post

I for one can't wait till they come here, i'm into all types of metal, it's all about the music after all.

When 'Break Stuff' kicks in i'll be right in the middle of the pit, and i'm mid 30's :-)

Yup im 21 and cant wait till the lights go out in the Olympia and they storm on stage and the crowd go mental :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Vomit wrote: »
    Having people hate you is not a sign of quality.

I just find it weird that any time they have been mentioned in recent years people have laughed at them and dismissed them as the shi'ite corporate kiddy crap-rappers they are. But now that they are actually playing here we suddenly have people coming out of the woodwork praising them and saying, "Limp Bizkit forever". Yeah lets all keep rollin rollin rollin rollin! Why don't we demand Vanilla Ice play too? Word to ya motha!

People hate everyone. Nobody is immune to having people hate them. LB's reaction to their haters is brilliant, they just dont give a ****. Too right for them

Don't you mean 'TOO' much Mr English teacher Sir????

You should move onto a Cooking thread or something because you must be very bored picking out grammar mistakes from peoples post.:P

• Advertisement

OMG imagine liking different kinds of music other than metal, the horror!!

This is all irrelevant to the discussion here IMO. Anything and everything can and does top the charts at some point.

So he's such a talented musician that he became a film director and runs a record label? Haha!
    He pretty much made the hole nu metal genre of the early noughties.

He invented a style of crap music. So what?
    Chocolate starfish is still the fastest selling rock album EVER!!Look it up.

If 50 Cent started calling himself a 'rock' artist then you can be sure he would have the new record for fastest selling 'rock' album.

You're not reliving your teens, you just still like it. And fair enough! Everyone's just voicing an opinion here.
    And also I dont think a band who are singing about Doing it all for the Nookie are trying to be serious or make a Bono or Chris Martin type political statement.Limp Bizkit are what they are.People hate Fred.People hate Bertie Aherne.people hate God.

Sure, Fred Durst doesn't want to save the world like Bono the giant turd, but I don't think they are into their own music either. I mean come on..who could possibly play stuff like that for the love of it.
    There are alot of haters. For the lucky people who get to see Limp Bizkit you will not be dissappointed. Look up youtube.They will tear up the olympia and do it one last time.

I don't have to look it up.. I was alive when these clowns where ruining rock and metal the first time around. Thanks to nu metal punks like Limp Biscuit, I overheard someone who thought bands like Metallica were 'rappers'.

When I tell people I'm really into metal, I'd hate them to think I was referring to LB.

'cause you can go away
    'cause you can go away
    'cause you can go away

Haha! Reliving your teens my arse! You're stuck there! :pac:

At the end of the day, At 9.30pm on 24th August i'll be having a fcukin awesome time in the pit at The Olympia, all the haters on the other hand will probably be sat at home, flicking between playin WoW and postin on here how crap LB are.

People hate everyone. Nobody is immune to having people hate them. LB's reaction to their haters is brilliant, they just dont give a ****. Too right for them

Hehe, that's because they don't stake their sense of self-worth on people liking them, because they already know how crap it is! They just want a quick buck.

scudzilla wrote: »
    At the end of the day, At 9.30pm on 24th August i'll be having a fcukin awesome time in the pit at The Olympia, all the haters on the other hand will probably be sat at home, flicking between playin WoW and postin on here how crap LB are.

Yeah, I'll be in my mom's basement, **** to Megan Fox pictures, playing WoW, D&D... maybe some online chess too.. all because I don't like Limp Bizkit.

Yeah, I'll be in my mom's basement, **** to Megan Fox pictures, playing WoW, D&D... maybe some online chess too.. all because I don't like Limp Bizkit.

Nice one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Im shocked by the honesty here :eek:

Maybe he will be Masturbating to a picture of Fred Durst with the red cap. With a name like 'Vomit' who knows what hes capable of??
    Real Metal!! Hahahaha Where have i heard that before??

Maybe he will be Masturbating to a picture of Fred Durst with the red cap. With a name like 'Vomit' who knows what hes capable of??
    Real Metal!! Hahahaha Where have i heard that before??

Not on this thread anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Hehe, that's because they don't stake their sense of self-worth on people liking them, because they already know how crap it is! They just want a quick buck.

room-full-of-people-who-care-31548-1265753690-30.jpg

room full of LB fans.
    1seely.jpg

• Advertisement

Vomit bai you have a pathetic level of hatred for Limp Bizkit, its worrying. The time you must be investing in this thread, and you dont even like them

AlcoholicA wrote: »
    room full of LB fans.
    1seely.jpg

With telephoto lens:

Kids-Group-03.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

year of the 'Gold Cobra'. that sounds so cal fred ... how bout Pink Toad say PINK TOAD fred! yeah.. so cal... befitting. hey fred? *whop*

Vomit bai you have a pathetic level of hatred for Limp Bizkit, its worrying. The time you must be investing in this thread, and you dont even like them

Number of posts by Gerard.C: 17

Number of posts by Vomit: 15

And you're the one who actually likes them... :pac:

I think maybe he wants to join the LBF!! LoL

You can start here: www.thearmpit.net/eng

I look forward to seeing you at the gig Vomit cause we all know you took a break from **** and online chess at 8:50 am last Friday,and got 4 of those bad boy tickets and now your the envy of all your Metal-Loving friends who are prepared to give you free B.l.o.w J.o.b.s till August to go to the gig with you!!:D

Well yeah, I like them and I'm going to the concert in question. Why wouldnt I post here more than you?

And to ACTUALLY count the posts. Amazing dedication.Thats 90 seconds of your life you will never get back.Tut Tut.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

2740099519_7b103a3760.jpg

Word to yalls muthas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭barongreen

THE LAST POSTERS NAME SAYS EVERYTHING ABOUT LB

Advertisement