Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit play the Olympia Aug 24th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Lormcd

About time really after they cancelled the last couple of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Whats the release date for Gold Cobra?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

limp2010 wrote: »
    Don't you mean 'TOO' much Mr English teacher Sir????

You should move onto a Cooking thread or something because you must be very bored picking out grammar mistakes from peoples post.:P

No, I mean to as in "moving on to" something. :rolleyes:

I'm a girl. Conicidentally, I am a teacher... I picked out no grammar mistake. You did. I picked out a horrible music mistake. You make no sense.
    Gerard.C wrote: »
    OMG imagine liking different kinds of music other than metal, the horror!!

Pretty horrific alright. Anyways, this is the rock & metal forum so what reaction did you expect??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Whats the release date for Gold Cobra?

June 22nd apparently, same date as significant other

• Registered Users Posts: 21 limp2010

I think it's delayed again. Late August it's listed on some German Amazon or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

im probably gonna go to this for the craic.

i know im gonna have to trade in all the cool points i earned from listening to tool to go though. its a trade im willing to make.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

scudzilla wrote: »
    At the end of the day, At 9.30pm on 24th August i'll be having a fcukin awesome time in the pit at The Olympia, all the haters on the other hand will probably be sat at home, flicking between playin WoW and postin on here how crap LB are.

See yea there Scud :)

If people dont like LP dont bother replying to this topic .

Anyways going to see them twice in the space of a week :) once at Pukkelpop and then in the Olympia

Faith is by George Michael.... Hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Faith is by George Michael.... Hahah

Wow your musical knowledge knows no bounds!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ciaraallen

never heard of covers obviously...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ciaraallen wrote: »

The Who do a great cover of Limp Bizkit song 'Behind Blue Eyes'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Ciaraallen

just like thin lizzy covered metallicas whiskey in the jar....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 limp2010

Hahahahahahhahaaha!!!! Brill.

Heres a really rare Limp Cover featuring Jimmy Page.Guess he hates Limp too....
    http://www.youtube.ie/watch?v=LEXYJzbGw8s

:p
    just like thin lizzy covered metallicas whiskey in the jar....:rolleyes:

Hmm.. And Metallica do a great cover of Limp Bizkit's Sanitarium. :D

Standing is sold out, seating still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

To say I'm not a fan of Fred Durst would be a complete under statement, however when i was in my early teens, LB's "music" (or whatever you want to call it) had a big affect on me. Me and my friends would always listen to their albums and have so much fun "rapping" or singing along, whatever. We are all in our early 20's now and some of us have drifted apart as you do when you grow older. I bought my ticket immediately when i heard this gig was announced in the hope that i will be able to relive some of those great memories. My close friends did the same individually, we are now all going to go together, get hammered and have the time of our lives.

I can't bloody wait.

For me it honestly doesn't matter how cheesy or cringeworthy lyrics are in a song or the lifestyle about individual band members, its about how the music makes you feel, and listening to "My Generation" live in a small venue with my friends is going to make me feel awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

New song posted online.

Liking that song. Cant wait for Gold Cobra!!!

Beekay wrote: »
    New song posted online.

It's like a mix of the old stuff and the unquestionable truth tones.

• Advertisement

Vomit wrote: »
    Limp Biscuit are corporate suckers of Satan's sausage - swallowers of the black worm jism. They SUCK, end of. Good luck with wasting your money on these idiots if it makes you happy.

Just been reading through this thread and seriously whats You're point?...just because its not a Opeth concert,doesn't mean You have to desperately try and piss on everyone else's parade

Should be a fun gig,chances are I'll be there..and look forward to seeing everyone else there enjoying themselves too

Just been reading through this thread and seriously whats You're point?...just because its not a Opeth concert,doesn't mean You have to desperately try and piss on everyone else's parade

Should be a fun gig,chances are I'll be there..and look forward to seeing everyone else there enjoying themselves too

Hahaha its so true with some people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Damn I only found out about this gig today, hope im not too late to get a ticket, I am delighted with this news!

****ing love limpbizkit, still wear my Chocolate Starfish hoodie although it's a much faded shade of black these days.

From what I have read, they have only announced three tour dates. Dublin, Madrid and Barcelona, so can't believe im lucky enough to live 5 minutes from this venue!

Anyone supporting them? Wouldn't say no to Korn!

Fred if your reading this - please play my fave LB track - 'Crack Addict', and tell DJ Lethal to do a 10 minute turntable solo!

Charisteas wrote: »
    Damn I only found out about this gig today, hope im not too late to get a ticket, I am delighted with this news!

****ing love limpbizkit, still wear my Chocolate Starfish hoodie although it's a much faded shade of black these days.

From what I have read, they have only announced three tour dates. Dublin, Madrid and Barcelona, so can't believe im lucky enough to live 5 minutes from this venue!

Fred if your reading this - please play my fave LB track - 'Crack Addict', and tell DJ Lethal to do a 10 minute turntable solo!

If you're quick you may get Circle, if not you'll be Upper Circle in unreserved seats.

Standing only sold out a few days ago

Dont think they play that live the only songs they played in Germany that didnt involve Wes was Eat You Alive and Behind Blue Eyes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Ok i'm gonna pop into Ticketmaster in Ilac today and see what tickets are left (if they are open today being a bank holiday and all). I havn't been to the Olympia before, whats the capacity? And is it still a good view from the circle?

I noticed someone on ebay is selling 3 standing tickets at 75 squid each, will be a last resort if sitting seats are all gone.

Ok i'm gonna pop into Ticketmaster in Ilac today and see what tickets are left (if they are open today being a bank holiday and all). I havn't been to the Olympia before, whats the capacity? And is it still a good view from the circle?

I noticed someone on ebay is selling 3 standing tickets at 75 squid each, will be a last resort if sitting seats are all gone.

Capacity is 1100 but actually feels about 600!!, never been upstairs, standin is the only way to go

Capacity is 1100 but actually feels about 600!!, never been upstairs, standin is the only way to go
    I thought it was 1600

I thought it was 1600

Nope, says here it's 1,300

http://www.dublintourist.com/details/olympia_theatre.shtml

But i also remember reading that they had to knock 200 off this as had some work done on top tier and standing capacity was reduced due to fire reg's. I'll post the link when i find it

• Advertisement

scaled.php?tn=0&server=72&filename=lz0m.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Advertisement