Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit play the Olympia Aug 24th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

meh **** fibbers, id say bruxelles is open late, ill probly head there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

When was the last time LB played Dublin, or anywhere else in Ireland?

dont think they did, the last time about 10 years ago, it was cancelled i think.

They cancelled the last 2 times i was due to see them, Milton Keynes Bowl & Donington.

Third time lucky

im like a schoolgirl im so excited, im doing nothing all day so im around, if any else if off on the tuesday and wants to grabs some drinks etc, holla at me.

• Advertisement

Zombienosh wrote: »
    im like a schoolgirl im so excited, im doing nothing all day so im around, if any else if off on the tuesday and wants to grabs some drinks etc, holla at me.

Sure, tell us where, will be 3 of us. Was thinkin of just crashin in Temple Bar pub in the middle, 2 minute walk away

Hard to believe they're playin our tiny fcukin venue, when they headlined this last year

well ill be around all day , foggy dew is the closest half decent pub, ill be in there probly.

well ill be around all day , foggy dew is the closest half decent pub, ill be in there probly.

Thats 2 doors down aint it? Sure, we'll be there around 4ish

sound.

• Advertisement

Yep, we're easy to recognise, a really good looking shaven headed big guy and 2 wenches

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

You guys know about Gypsy Rose rock & blues bar is about a 3 min walk away, €4 a drink :P

Can't wait for it now, seen them at Download last year, hopefully they are awesome again this year :pac:

You guys know about Gypsy Rose rock & blues bar is about a 3 min walk away, €4 a drink :P

Can't wait for it now, seen them at Download last year, hopefully they are awesome again this year :pac:

Pointless point without proper directions, hell, some1 could end up in The George if they walked 3 minutes and were dyslexic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

scudzilla wrote: »
    When was the last time LB played Dublin, or anywhere else in Ireland?

Last time they were to play Ireland was Punchestown in 2001, they cancelled about a month before hand. Durst's back gave in or something.

Godsmack and Everlast were support.

Cant go tomorrow though!:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen them over the weekend at Pukkelpop for the 2nd time. I didnt realise that the gig was tomorrow i nearly forget about it. Few Facebook statuses from the band
    About to arrive in Dublin. Been on this fairy for four hours. Geez! Bono, better have the guest bedroom ready!n
    I am not on a FERRY, I am on a FAIRY, LOL. She's been at it for four hours and I haven't slept in 32 hrs. It's SCAIRY and I don't do DAIRY!
    massive jet lag. loving our hotel here in dublin. debating to just fight it and stay awake or rest for a fun night off tonight.

So you might catch them arond Dublin today and tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

Pointless point without proper directions, hell, some1 could end up in The George if they walked 3 minutes and were dyslexic!!!
    Sorry, it was being discussed in rock venues up the top of this section :p

http://www.yelp.ie/map/the-gypsy-rose-dublin It's on aston quay in between the 51b & 78a stops if you are familiar with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Just sold my ticket due to financial constraints. A bit sorry I did now

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

:(

Don't worry - The girl who bought it was quite hot :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

At Pukklepop it was Freds B Day so he invited loads of women up to the stage for Faith :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Tickets still available if any of you got friends that wanna go

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

At Pukklepop it was Freds B Day so he invited loads of women up to the stage for Faith :)
    Yep just watched that

along with the rest of it..Cant Wait :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Finally.

**** yeah! im goin beerin into town in a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Hard to believe they're playin our tiny fcukin venue, when they headlined this last year

That was a great gig! I'd say they'll blow the roof off the Olympia!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Unsinnig

Back in '98, perhaps. Now? Not a chance. About as vapid and contrived as that Lady Gaga gob****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

enjoy yerselves anyhow. n in the immortal words of freda durst, er - break stuff.

but not within the confines of the olympia as a lot of the classic decor is a difficult to replace ;- ave yerselves a baldy ball.

LIMP BIZKIT FCUKIN DESTROYED THE OLYMPIA TONIGHT, BEST GIG IN YEARS.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭hynesie08

LIMP BIZKIT FCUKIN DESTROYED THE OLYMPIA TONIGHT, BEST GIG IN YEARS.

Despite being in all caps that is actually an understatement. i've been at gigs with 7 70 700 7,000 and 70,000 people but the atmosphere/energy in that building tonight was far beyond anything i experienced before. Tonight was an entire generation putting all the **** in the world aside and celebrating life. WHAT A FCUKING GIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 neoviper

Had an excellent night tonight one of a few ill actually look back on and remember.

But i have to say the security was extremely heavy handed. Ive been to a large amount of venues and ive never seen such brutish behaviour employed from the security officers.

I had witnessed 2 females sliced in the stomach and many others roughly manhandled from the pit area with very little compasion. Now not crowd surfers who always get a rough ride but genuine people who had missed the fact there even was a pit.

Of course i understand it was a rather "extreme" concert but still human decency should still stand true.

Advertisement