Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limp Bizkit play the Olympia Aug 24th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,954 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Despite being in all caps that is actually an understatement. i've been at gigs with 7 70 700 7,000 and 70,000 people but the atmosphere/energy in that building tonight was far beyond anything i experienced before. Tonight was an entire generation putting all the **** in the world aside and celebrating life. WHAT A FCUKING GIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said where i was you could not hear Fred when he was singing Behind Blue Eyes. The atmosphere was electric , i seen them last weekend at Pukkelpop with about 30,000/40,000 people and the atmosphere wasnt even close to the 1,300 people tonight it was the loudest 1,300 ive ever heard. Id say they will play the O2 next time but wont be the same

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Well then.............that was absolutely FCUKING MENTAL!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Well said where i was you could not hear Fred when he was singing Behind Blue Eyes. The atmosphere was electric , i seen them last weekend at Pukkelpop with about 30,000/40,000 people and the atmosphere wasnt even close to the 1,300 people tonight it was the loudest 1,300 ive ever heard. Id say they will play the O2 next time but wont be the same
    smokin a joint with john otto and lethal at the stage door at 9pm with the whole crowd chantin LIMP BIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZKITTTTTTTTTT was kinda cool:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

What an awesome ****ing gig! Durst was in the middle of the crowd for 1/2 songs! XD

Really hope they do another tour in Ireland for there new album release :D

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

What an awesome ****ing gig! Durst was in the middle of the crowd for 1/2 songs! XD

Really hope they do another tour in Ireland for there new album release :D
    John Otto was in the lane where the stage door is at 9 pm and then all the playboy wives arrived out for a measurement:p
    with lethal smokin away .."theres the track man"..Lethal "where the **** are we man".. 3 mins later they were on stage:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

****ING AMAZING NIGHT!

What an atmosphere from just 1,000 fans?! Sounded like 50,000!

Just got back in now, literally 30 minutes ago had my photo taken with Fred Durst, got photos with all the guys except for Otto he wasn't really up for pics, also got my ticket signed by all five. Wes and Lethal were top class, chatting to everyone for ages in the lane.

Almost lost my voice but it was worth it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

Ah I sold my ticket due to funds. Very upset now. Should have unfollowed this thread. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

best night of my life, best gig ever. dont think anything can top that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Ok, Here's along shot, does anybody have a decent pic of Fred during Eat you Alive, when he was in the crowd/
    Reason is my kid, dark jean, white/pink top, brown/red hair, crowd surfed to him and was there for about a minute or so.

We sorta lost her a few times cos we were in the pit too, next minute she's flyin past at 30mph, "Ah, sure, she's grand" :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

scudzilla wrote: »
    Ok, Here's along shot, does anybody have a decent pic of Fred during Eat you Alive, when he was in the crowd/
    Reason is my kid, dark jean, white/pink top, brown/red hair, crowd surfed to him and was there for about a minute or so.

We sorta lost her a few times cos we were in the pit too, next minute she's flyin past at 30mph, "Ah, sure, she's grand" :D:D

Better than a pic:

CMpunked wrote: »

Awesome, we've just this minute found that, he even called her a crazy Irish Bitch!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yep just watched that

along with the rest of it..Cant Wait :pac:

wimminz lols.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

budgemook wrote: »
    Ah I sold my ticket due to funds. Very upset now. Should have unfollowed this thread. :(

Don't worry about it dude, i reckon they will come back to Europe next year to promote the new album

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Fantastic gig! Dont suppose there the guy i was talking to in the pit uses the boards? XD
    Grey hair and beard, has 2 kids going to blink next week. If you're here please email me, i wanna see those pictures :D

AMAZING GIG

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

marko93 wrote: »
    Fantastic gig! Dont suppose there the guy i was talking to in the pit uses the boards? XD
    Grey hair and beard, has 2 kids going to blink next week

great! the irish band they still active? u know the California based pop group Blink-182? were originally also called Blink, but due to legal disputes from the irish one had to to change their name to Blink-182. Blink had to take it to court to enforce the change sadly. anyways last i cared to hear Blink 182 had their last tour years ago. am sure they'll return when they feel forgotten enough, n made some space for more $

here's a charming snippet from fred durst last night. bedecked in a boston celtics jersey, he salutes the irish with a guinness. has a sip, nearly spews and in disgust throws it at the crowd.

if that was at me i'd have gone up there n danced on his head, vile f**ker. to the tune of ghostbusters > axl foley's theme - yknow skanger metal is an relatively untapped genre, they are a unique group

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Star Bingo wrote: »

if that was at me i'd have gone up there n danced on his head, vile f**ker.

Imagine the headlines, "pedantic keyboard warrior beats ageing singer who dresses like a teenager."

While Durst did come across as obnoxious as ever its hard to say anything bad about the gig. The crowd were crazy for the whole gig and almost every song went down well (with maybe the exception of Stuck) amazing gig and worth the wait.

n to be in that front row i'd have to be an LB obsessive anyhow.. oh to be saturated by flabby fred's golden shower. all the while massaging his obnoxious ego from whose hole which a george micheal song is about to eminate from - his ****ing financial fortune is unfortunate man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

great! the irish band they still active? u know the California based pop group Blink-182? were originally also called Blink, but due to legal disputes from the irish one had to to change their name to Blink-182. Blink had to take it to court to enforce the change sadly. anyways last i cared to hear Blink 182 had their last tour years ago. am sure they'll return when they feel forgotten enough, n made some space for more $

here's a charming snippet from fred durst last night. bedecked in a boston celtics jersey, he salutes the irish with a guinness. has a sip, nearly spews and in disgust throws it at the crowd.

if that was at me i'd have gone up there n danced on his head, vile f**ker. to the tune of ghostbusters > axl foley's theme - yknow skanger metal is an relatively untapped genre, they are a unique group

is he supposed to be in awe of guinness just because he's in Ireland or what?

seachto7 wrote: »
    is he supposed to be in awe of guinness just because he's in Ireland or what?

he's not supposed to do anything. least of all clichés - in a ideal world fred would do nothing.

what he was supposed to do was slip on his own guinness. what was supposed to do was get decked by irate security drenched in the black stuff - what he was supposed to do was cancel the show again.

- does fred tweet? edit: of course. had his sweatpants laundered by leprechauns apparently. http://twitter.com/FREDDURST

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Everyone that was there had the best time ever. The gig was unreal, band played amazingly, sound was perfect, couldn't have asked for more.

So why are you still here? .....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Such a good night,had a smile on my face for the whole thing, got a plec and the set list off the stage is in front of me on my wall right now,so so happy.

what he was supposed to do was cancel the show again.

Mystery solved...I was wondering why you were being so bitter. You had a ticket for the Punchestown gig but couldn't get a ticket for this one?

Gintonious wrote: »
    Such a good night,had a smile on my face for the whole thing, got a plec and the set list off the stage is in front of me on my wall right now,so so happy.

Was the setlist exact to what they played?

Was the setlist exact to what they played?

It was the set-list infront of Fred Durst.

It was the set-list infront of Fred Durst.

Cool.
    But did they played all the songs that were on it or were some changed/taken out etc

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Lad i know was onstage during "My Way", seemed to enjoy it judging by the video on youtube.

Cool.
    But did they played all the songs that were on it or were some changed/taken out etc

No its exact.

Haters still gotta hate i suppose, but while they were sittin at home in there 1 bedroomed apartment being an Internet Warrior i was in the pit watchin Limp Bizkit put on the kinda show Dublin hasn't seen for fcukin years.

• Advertisement

No its exact.

I thought it might have been changed a bit cos there seemed to be a lot of stalling while they were deciding what to do next. Seemed like they were having a problem feedback from the mic too which made me think they might have improvised.

Advertisement