Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

banned from motors, no warning, mod being childish

Options
  • 20-04-2010 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭

just got banned from motors by Anan1, he backed up another poster who claimed 5% of our income tax is down to people not paying vrt, a completely made up figure. I asked could he back it up, instead I got banned.
    No warning of ban, complete abuse of mod power.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Have you PMed the mod to discuss this with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yea, no respone yet, but he was lighting quick on replying to me in the thread, he could have pm'd be if he had a problem or gave some kind of a warning, but no straight out ban. It was a complete abuse of power.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Your ban was for being disruptive. Its for a week.

Perhaps Anan1 will respond with a way for you to reduce the duration or remove the ban. whichever way it goes, I would suggest that you stay calm and be patient. Its always nice when you get a response to a PM quickly but its not unusual for a response to take a bit of time.

The next step, after talking to the mod is to talk to the category mod , one of AlmightyCushion, kbannon, trout. They can act as an intermediary for you if you cannot settle the issue yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Sorry the ban was a bit like a red rag to a bull with the VRT thing, i'm pm'n with Anan1 at the moment, hopefully we can sort it out between us.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

FWIW, drunkmonkey PMed me at 12.44 today and posted here at 12.48. I answered the PM at 13.07.

Here's a link to the thread that resulted in the banning: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055887658

Following an exchange of PMs I agreed to reduce the ban to 3 days on the basis that drunkmonkey would in future refrain from trolling/personal insults on Motors. This was done against my better judgement (drunkmonkey has been banned many times before by other mods for similar behaviour), on the basis of the overall conciliatory tone of the PMs I received. I've just got another PM from drunkmonkey asking for the ban to be further reduced.

As far as i'm concerned the 7 day ban was well merited, an opinion which his posts in this thread have done nothing to change. On that basis, I see no reason to further decrease an already reduced ban.

• Advertisement
Advertisement