Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boyfriend / loose jeans for girls

• 20-04-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭

My wife is looking to get a pair of loose "boyfriend" jeans, baggy or wide legged. Most of the jeans nowadays are either flared or skinny and she just wants a normal pair of wide jeans.

She's tried BT2, Topshop, HOF, Diesel (the brand not the shop), and a few other places with no luck. Anyone got any tips? Note: she's tall, so they need to be long legged. That's the problem with Topshop's ones: too short.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

TK Maxx, there sizes are all over the place but she should have no bother getting a loose pair and loads of choice, good makes as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

Topshop do have a tall section up to a 36inch leg.

I'd try Dorothy Perkins as well, they also have a tall section. I must say I hate skinny jeans, I have one pair and I find them so uncomfortable, always yanking them up. Barely any shops do bootcut jeans anymore :(

Anyways best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Awear have a really good range

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Ahh I wear them every so often, got one pair in Dunnes that I love cos they are unreal comfy, they do up to a 34in.

Awear has a great selection & I have to say I could never fault the quality of their jeans it's one of the rare places I can get jeans to fit! The Only brand in Vera Moda stores used to have them & also Henleys & Animal & Roxy do them.

Tkmaxx one person said tho no matter what store I'm in there I find it almost impossible to get anything over a 32in!! Took me 1hr one day just to find a pair of Pepe 34in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Beffy wrote: »
    Topshop do have a tall section up to a 36inch leg.

I'd try Dorothy Perkins as well, they also have a tall section. I must say I hate skinny jeans, I have one pair and I find them so uncomfortable, always yanking them up. Barely any shops do bootcut jeans anymore :(

Anyways best of luck!

:D Agree with you 100% on the skinny jeans!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Awear has a great selection & I have to say I could never fault the quality of their jeans it's one of the rare places I can get jeans to fit!
    A-Wear jeans are crazy long, I'm 5'6" and wear a short leg there so logically they should scale up from there...

River Island tend to be pretty decent for slouch/boyfriend styles too, not sure if they would be long enough though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Next have several pairs of Boyfriend jeans in at the moment. They do a longer length too.

Advertisement