Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Excess"

Options
  • 20-04-2010 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi Gang,

Quick question here: when a property is listed on daft as a private treaty sale and the price is noted as "excess" does that necessarily represent the vendor's reserve price? Given the lack of oversight given to the Estate Agency business, it could almost literally mean anything and I want to know if it's worth the pixels it's made up of.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

In the current climate it means:

"This is my minimum you peasants. I paid lots for this house and it is DIFFERENT. Different, I say. I will certainly not negotiate price with anyone. Moreover I am content to let the place sit on the market for 8 months without so much as a whiff of interest and then wonder why it is still unsold."

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Buyingahouse

Cheers for that. Only one offer in so far at approx. 15% below "peasant price". This is fun when you don't get attached to a place that you like!

Advertisement